Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Who played better today Ayo or Sowah?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Any money to be spent on a CB should be used for a RW instead imo. 

If we can clear some deadwood off the wage bill I'd take a punt on Cahill or someone with that sort of experience on a free.

Please don't spend big on Tarkowski when he isn't better than the 3 main CBs we already have.

Edited by EnderbyFox
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Based on Rodgers' comments today I assuming the lay of the land is this.

There is some money available but not enough for a winger and a centre half. Based on Evans you'd think we may be about to go for a centre half, as it sounds like he may need an op.

3 names spring to mind: Vestegaard (1 year on his contract), tarkowski (1 year on his contract), kabak (free to whoever wants to deal with his agent). Preference for me would be vestegaard, massive and a stay at home defender.

Or is it all a smokescreen?

I think at this time of year any managers interview remarks need to be taken with a huge dose of salt.

Defender: Loan

RW: Buy (we should have enough in player sales soon enough)

Besides, I can't imagine BR being impressed whatsoever if he can't bring a right winger in, in a problem area of the pitch that the whole club knows about.

• Like 1

I’d be shocked if we gave Benkovic a chance. He’s been with us for about 3 years and I’m shocked that physically he looks weak.

Vestergaard is probably the one. Tracked for a while, last year of his contract and has looked good at Southampton. Used to think he was a lump but he has changed my opinion, bags a few from corners as well which would be nice.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

I think we are worrying a bit too much, Jonny will be back shortly. Benko will be fine as back up and J.J  should be fit by October. If things get difficult we can get somebody in in January. 

Suggestions are that he may not be back shortly.

ready for a deepcut? 

aguerd of rennais.

good on the ball and good leader

and idk maybe salif sane?

tbh i wouldnt spend anything on  CB go for a rw 

Edited by NasPb

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting. Left footed CB, year left on his deal. Vastly experienced and very good on the ball. 

And he looks like one of the bad guys from Taken. I'm all in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

We could sell a few players that would play less than 20% of available minutes and raise £40m+ (Not that I'd to want sell all of these but a combination)

Even conservatively you'd expect 

£15m for Perez

£15m for Praet

£8m for Ward

£8m for Choudhury

£5m for Mendy

£5m for Ghezzal

£3m for Iversen 

£3m for Benkovic

Loan with an option/obligation to buy would be useful for any rotational players we'd be looking to bring in.

15 mill for Perez 

I will have whatever your on 😂

Can't we just find the cash somewhere to get a solid CB and creative winger?

You just know if we don't get a winger we will struggle to create chances and nothing will come from that side (if 433), and if we don't get a CB we'll end up with a defence of Tim, Amartey and Betrand in a back 3 because of injuries.

Spunk the cash on Tarkowski and Pereira and let's crack on. 

55 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Yaroslav Rakitskiy

Interesting, and who is...

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting. Left footed CB, year left on his deal. Vastly experienced and very good on the ball. 

Honestly, why Google when you know Ric is just around the corner? Ta both.

Now off to find some YouTube highlight reels...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Was he? Didn't watch the game mate, seen some folk claiming he's been crap so far which is very harsh. I can't stomach Ayo anymore but Albrighton, Sowah and Jethro may just be enough with Barnes if we are incredibly lucky?

...you missed a good game, just goes to show what could be done with good coaching, Reading were very good today!!!

Their players were not afraid to receive the ball in tight spaces and brave in possession, Warburton has done a top class job there.

• Like 1

Christ, never thought I’d see Rakitskiys name in relation to Leicester. Honestly didn’t know he was still playing. He used to be a great player along with the other CB who played for Donetsk who went to Barca and back (I cannot remember his name). Those two used to dominate very decent attacks in the champions league quite regularly!