Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....playing a three in midfield with Benkovic in the back four is a much better option, otherwise what was the point of buying Soumare!!!

Playing Maddison behind Vardy and Nacho or any combination for a front three is in this case the best option.

I'm not sure I'm following, but I think we're in agreement about Soumare. You've lost me with putting Benko in the back four, but I think we're agreeing that Maddison is best as a no.10.

I believe Soumare is capable of covering for either Youri or Wilf in midfield. I think any two of Youri/Ndidi/Soumare would work as the 2 in 4231. What do you reckon?

Phil Jones is only 29! FFS, that's scary. He is actually in his peak and still so bad! 

Tarkoswki would be perfect right now. Will leave for a free in 12 months time. Burnley may entertain £18-20m if they can get a replacement lined up. Would be well worth it. He has another 4-5 years at the top in him and covers Evans now and in the future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm not sure I'm following, but I think we're in agreement about Soumare. You've lost me with putting Benko in the back four, but I think we're agreeing that Maddison is best as a no.10.

I believe Soumare is capable of covering for either Youri or Wilf in midfield. I think any two of Youri/Ndidi/Soumare would work as the 2 in 4231. What do you reckon?

....there can be no argument about that, it is a no brainer!!!

I was looking at the Manchester City game and our potential setup.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there can be no argument about that, it is a no brainer!!!

I was looking at the Manchester City game and our potential setup.

You'd think there could be no argument, wouldn't you? lol

Ah, right. I think playing Benko tomorrow is probably a good idea, with it not being such an important game. I'd treat it as his audition.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Demiral isn't much better than Kabak, if at all.

I know he didn’t have the best of seasons last year, Juve did exceptionally well with him in the team though.

The comment was more just about the downgrade we are going to see.

Edited by Costock_Fox

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I know he didn’t have the best of seasons last year, Juve did exceptionally well with him in the team though.

Soyuncu, Demiral and Kabak are all equally brilliant and equally erratic in my opinion. That's often why Turkey play really well, defend well and still concede a lot of goals somehow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu, Demiral and Kabak are all equally brilliant and equally erratic in my opinion. That's often why Turkey play really well, defend well and still concede a lot of goals somehow.

Agreed and that’s why I really really don’t want Kabak and Cags together. Fingers crossed. 

We just can’t get drawn into long negotiations at this stage, so that’s rules out the likes of Tarkowski, as Dyche is just a cantankerous bellend who will just delay things.   

Target those who are more easily attainable. Like Kabak, and the fella from Barca. Needs to be quick. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’d probably go get Liam Moore from Reading.

They are in dire straights financially, so he would be cheap. He knows the club and would play back up. It leaves a bit more in the budget for a right sided forward.

I think he started last season well but his form nose dived at the back end of the season . I’m not sure he’s what we want . I’d be surprised if we didn’t get a loan player from Europe

Just now, surrifox said:

I think he started last season well but his form nose dived at the back end of the season . I’m not sure he’s what we want . I’d be surprised if we didn’t get a loan player from Europe

It fell off a cliff for all at Reading, I’d put it down too the things going on behind the scenes. The club is a mess.

Just now, foxfan92 said:

Cheeky loan bid for Laporte (who reports are suggesting is trying to engineer a move away) with option to buy (as our big signing) new summer? :ph34r:

wants to go to Spain

Although the top 3 clubs are broke lol