Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Liam Moore? 

Don't think we are that desperate yet are we? Decent Championship player but nothing more IMO 

If we don't have any money left, I think with a lot of bigger clubs abroad in Financial trouble, we can pick up a much better CB on loan 

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I am pretty confident we can see this out if we can get Jonny fit. The back five will not be used so Jonny and Cags can renew their partnership and Amartey and Benko can step in if and when.

No offence but that's a bit naive. We were already short in CB's before the injury to Fofana. 

21 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

No offence but that's a bit naive. We were already short in CB's before the injury to Fofana. 

Yes ur right he’s 100% naive , we would have struggled with 3 fit CB , now with just one , we would be lucky to fight of been in the bottom 1/2 . Dan is good for a game every now and then , but to trust him for a whole season ur kidding 

• Like 1

I would either go spend £20m on Tarkowski or get a Kabak/Cahill combo 

Big Dan impressed me today and although I don't want him starting every week, it has made me feel a little more comfortable with just signing 1 CB, especially if that is a quality one like Tarkowski 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Kabak and Cahill would be good for me because although Amarty did well today he wasn't actually facing a centre forward and I think he's not strong in the air. Cahill would be for one season and for 2022/2023 we would have Evans/Fofana/Soyuncu/Kabak as our CB's.

Cahill will be looking for more than a 1 year contract but I agree. A Kabak/Cahill combo gives us experience and youth and extra cover if Evans can't shake this injury or Soyuncu himself picks up something. Tarkowski is my first choice but Kabak/Cahill makes a lot of sense. 

Best of 2 evils if it comes down to cahill/kabak or tarkowski. 

Tarkowski issue is the transfer fee but you have to factor in the salarys for 2 additional players over the course of the contracts they'd get offered.

I'd rather keep it simplistic and go for Tarks

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think Tarkowski want to leave next summer because as he as not signed a contract extension he know's that he will get more in wages from a prospective club

Can be risky though as if he gets a bad injury close to the end of his contract, he will lose a shed load in wages. 

I think he would jump at the chance to sign for us now. I just don't think Burnley believe £20m is worth it for losing their best defender and reducing their chances of staying up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Cahill 1year deal is a no brainer particularly with another 50+ game season. Tarks would cost more which I'd rather see us *hopefully* invest in a RW. Kabak/Cahill combo for me.

No point having a RW , if ur leaking 3-4 goals a game , 1st rule of building a team is strong defence , the rest follows . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just seen this in an article on Tarkowski. No wonder his price has been quoted so high in the past.

His former club Brentford are also entitled to 27.5 per cent of any deal worth above and beyond the £3.5m that Burnley paid the Bees in 2016.”

15 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Just seen this in an article on Tarkowski. No wonder his price has been quoted so high in the past.

His former club Brentford are also entitled to 27.5 per cent of any deal worth above and beyond the £3.5m that Burnley paid the Bees in 2016.”

So we should be asking Brentford to sub our bid ! 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The fact that Vestegaard has already played with Bertrand and Kasper means we can probably just drop him in.

Hes good in both boxes and alongside Soyuncu would be a good compliment. Hes a ball playing defender and dominant in the air.

The concern would be his pace. Southampton will be up for selling though, they've got 4 defenders already and he's less valuable to Southampton than Tarkowski is to Burnley.

I still think we can see this out. Castagne is nearly ready and he will be on the bench   if Jonny is back shortly we will have three defenders on the bench. JJ will hopefully be back before Christmas. We have squad size limitations to contend with and with no apparent interest in our squad players, some may end up outside the 22. That may not seem a problem to us but is an expense we can do without. Loaning out experienced, high earning players is no easy task, so this scenario , while not ideal, has to be considered. Benko of course must stay.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I still think we can see this out. Castagne is nearly ready and he will be on the bench   if Jonny is back shortly we will have three defenders on the bench. JJ will hopefully be back before Christmas. We have squad size limitations to contend with and with no apparent interest in our squad players, some may end up outside the 22. That may not seem a problem to us but is an expense we can do without. Loaning out experienced, high earning players is no easy task, so this scenario , while not ideal, has to be considered. Benko of course must stay.

I fear you are right. The Good news is we have plenty of talent for the full back position, even before JJ returns, and the likes of Luke Thomas and Marc Albrighton can cover there too. But we are very vulnerable in the centre half area, and are relying on Evans and Soy staying fit for much of the season. Still, big Dan may surprise us all and stake a claim to be first choice there.

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It could be Xmas for Evans to be game ready and Fofana will be lucky to be back by March. Dan the man is a good option to use and we would have to play Benkovic for a significant number of games as we only have 3 CB's fit to play.  We have all been talking about needing more depth at central defense due to all the competitions we are playing in which could mean 60 games.  We must have more players who are first competitive.  Who they are I will leave to the club to decide, but more is needed for sure.