Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

Would be happy with either. both got plenty of EPL experience and commanding in the air which would strengthen us at defending set pieces. Sounds like Vestergaard would be the easier and cheaper of the two deals to do

38 minutes ago, RizLCFC said:

Be pointless paying that much for a player with a year left on his contract. Same with Tarkowski as well. Stick it out for a few months and try with Amartey and Benkovic.

When you consider Swiss Ramble  https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1409401715720437762 estimates Europa League football is worth from 18m to 40m (The 40m is if you win it).

It could be and expensive gamble if we finish 8th, that's without thinking about PL prize money. 

So thats the point.

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If it's between Tarkowski (£20m) or Vestergard (£15m), who would people go for? 

Tough one, for me Verstergard as he helps more with are defending corners issue.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If it's between Tarkowski (£20m) or Vestergard (£15m), who would people go for? 

Hmm Vestergard I think. Gives us height and Southampton at least play ball. Tarkowski is a battler but I would worry he’s been shoe horned into Dycheball for so long that he’d need some time to adapt. Also we have Cags who is a better Tarkowski imo.

• Like 3

Surely our recruitment team (being excellent BTW) can come up with more cost effective alternatives other than Vestergaard and Tarkowski every frigging window?    

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Surely our recruitment team (being excellent BTW) can come up with more cost effective alternatives other than Vestergaard and Tarkowski every frigging window?    

They would have extensive scouting reports on both though, and with Wes out for a long time, along with Jonny being of questionable reliability now, surely it’s best to go for a safer bet?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

They would have extensive scouting reports on both though, and with Wes out for a long time, along with Jonny being of questionable reliability now, surely it’s best to go for a safer bet?

This is a good point. Both know the Premier League extremely well and would need no real bedding in period compared to some of the other names linked. You know exactly what you are going to get from both. Without Fofana injury, we probably could have gone for a more "unknown/unproven" CB, but with Evans a big ?, we really need a player to come in and be ready from the off. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Tarkowski is the better player, Vestergaard Likely to fit in quicker (Bertrand and Kasper links). That's how I see it.

Agreed, Vestergaard also probably happy to be a rotation option when Little Wes and Evans are back. Can’t see Tarks being happy to play that role.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Remember when Ian Andrews - former player and coach - was registered as a player (he must have been ancient) as we had a goalkeeper crisis? I think he got on the bench in the early 2000s… shame we can’t do something like that! 

Kolo Toure? 

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Mason Holgate is available for 15m apparently. Always rated him whenever I've seen him. Rapid too.