Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mason Holgate is available for 15m apparently. Always rated him whenever I've seen him. Rapid too.

He's always looked decent whenever I've seen him play. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

We could return for Liam Moore? Nice goal against Stoke yesterday. 

Home grown and could do a job. Certainly if we are struggling for squad places he could be fourth or fifth choice rather than amartey or Benkovic 

• Sad 1

On 08/08/2021 at 15:16, RizLCFC said:

Be pointless paying that much for a player with a year left on his contract. Same with Tarkowski as well. Stick it out for a few months and try with Amartey and Benkovic.

..  are you suggesting buying in the January window!!!

If they can see what all of us can see, it is that we will be so desperate, we will be willing to pay over the odds for their player.

We cannot afford to put ourselves in that position, as to buy now will be pricey, but that would be nothing compared to January.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..  are you suggesting buying in the January window!!!

If they can see what all of us can see, it is that we will be so desperate, we will be willing to pay over the odds for their player.

We cannot afford to put ourselves in that position, as to buy now will be pricey, but that would be nothing compared to January.

What if we hold out until January and go in for Tarkowski then. He’d only have 6 months left on his contract 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/solomon-kvirkvelia/profil/spieler/157391

we were linked with him before Solomon Kvirkvelia apparently he's available 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-line-up-lokomotiv-moscow-12711020

this was the link (amongst other links to him) the last time we were in for him. In fact, I read an article saying he had to refuse the move, for some reason or another 

He has had massive injury issues the past few seasons, having persistent problems with the same knee, I wouldn't really want us to go anywhere near him unless our medical stuff were 99.9% sure he was over them (he is actually still out with an injury at the moment I believe)

He is 6ft5, left footed, not particularly quick (however not really slow), but good with the ball

image.png.7d64e85c9a4f308882425762ee1a2e96.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He has had massive injury issues the past few seasons, having consistent problems with the same knee, I wouldn't really want us to go anywhere near him

He is 6f 5 and left footed, not particularly quick but good with the ball

Says he's injured now too

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Not sure on the source but worth a share

He has one year left on his deal. Would make some sense...

Edit: Never mind. With that injury there is no chance we are in. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He has had massive injury issues the past few seasons, having persistent problems with the same knee, I wouldn't really want us to go anywhere near him

He is 6f 5 and left footed, not particularly quick (but not really slow) but good with the ball

I've just read an article from 26 July which says he'll still be out for at least another two months with that injury in red at the top.

A non-starter in that case given we could really do with someone to come in ready to be part of the squad.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He has had massive injury issues the past few seasons, having persistent problems with the same knee, I wouldn't really want us to go anywhere near him unless our medical stuff were 99.9% sure he was over them (he is actually still out with an injury at the moment I believe)

He is 6ft5, left footed, not particularly quick (however not really slow), but good with the ball

I wouldn't be surprised if we were after 2 centre halves - one experienced, aerially strong defender (Tarkowski/Vestergaard) and one younger player on loan to buy for future development (Kabak/Richards/Zagadou). 

However, like you said, given his injury record, would be surprised if we were actually in for Zagadou but the rest of his profile fits exactly the type of player we look to secure. 

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if the price is £20m now it would be £25+ in January!!!

He can start negotiations on a free transfer in January though but maybe Burnley will look to sell in the Jan window if they have a decent start to the season and look like they'll survive the drop without him. We need a CB now though and I don't think he or they are making him available 

27 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He can start negotiations on a free transfer in January though but maybe Burnley will look to sell in the Jan window if they have a decent start to the season and look like they'll survive the drop without him. We need a CB now though and I don't think he or they are making him available 

Technically not with us, we would have to wait until June I think to "officially" negotiate with him on a free

Although I get the feeling there is probably something already kind of in place with him for next summer anyway

Edited by moore_94