Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

10 minutes ago, scinnell said:

With Evans confirmed to be out for a month, just get Gary Cahill on a free and spend the rest on a right winger

Or Maksimovic or Kvikvelia on a free. Better (although unproven in the prem) younger, hungrier, with more re-sale value.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mason Holgate is available for 15m apparently. Always rated him whenever I've seen him. Rapid too.

Holgate is awful and is a right arrogant bell. The total opposite of what we need. I know quite a few people who a close to Everton and he is not well thought of at all. Their defence is quite poor, so if they are willing to sell him cheap, that shows how little they think of him. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Why are we not trying to get either Solomon Kvirkvelia or Nikola Maksimovic?

both these guys look absolutely perfect for our center back needs.

They are also both free agents 

We've been linked with the Georgian geezer before

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Why are we not trying to get either Solomon Kvirkvelia or Nikola Maksimovic?

both these guys look absolutely perfect for our center back needs.

They are also both free agents 

Kvirkvelia isn’t good enough anymore, barely played for Lokomotiv in the past 2 seasons and eventually got sent out on loan to another Russian side that got relegated

Maksimovic could be okay but he was 4th choice at Napoli and can be an absolute donkey at times

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

That Georgian guy is mocked on local forums for not joining leicester(he is called "ლესტერა" something like leicester man in a funny way) when he had a chance. Now he cant even get place in shitty russian club. I think he will leave for Emirates club.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, scinnell said:

With Rodgers targeting 'winners' and Gary Cahill has experience of winning the Premier League and Champions League, I think it is a no brainer on a free for 12 months

Rogers has said he wants ‘winners’. But, Rogers has also said he wants to be able to work with ‘broken’ players, to develop them. He’s good at covering all bases, basically. Fills his interviews with lots of usable content. Pinch of salt required, always.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scinnell said:

With Rodgers targeting 'winners' and Gary Cahill has experience of winning the Premier League and Champions League, I think it is a no brainer on a free for 12 months

I’d think Cahill is a decent short term fix, though didn’t he have injury issue last season.

also is he competitively training with anyone at the minute?

20 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

I still believe it'll be Kabak. Why would spend £15m+ for an okay 29yo CB, while we can have a 21yo one with high potential. Just waiting for the right timing

I think Kabak would have been done by now tbh. He is available, a very decent price but no word of a bid or even much interest anymore. 

The weird thing about Kabak, is that I would have thought given that he would only cost about £10m as reported, why aren't there a lot of clubs all over this. 

Sevilla the only one reported to have made a bid (a low one) 

I wanted him before the Fofana injury but with the news of Evans out for another month and losing Fofana, I think we really need to go after someone we know can slot right in and be comfortable for the next 10 games they will likely be starting e.g. a Tarkowski or de Vrij. 

I'd only take Kabak now, if we also got Cahill in as well and move out Benkovic. 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Rogers has said he wants ‘winners’. But, Rogers has also said he wants to be able to work with ‘broken’ players, to develop them. He’s good at covering all bases, basically. Fills his interviews with lots of usable content. Pinch of salt required, always.

Only so many young and broken players you can work with in your squad. You also need experienced winners too. 

1 hour ago, teblin said:

I’d think Cahill is a decent short term fix, though didn’t he have injury issue last season.

also is he competitively training with anyone at the minute?

Nothing more than a 12 month fix for me. When Evans returns, he will be 3rd choice and when Fofana eventually returns, he will be 4th choice. No point spending money on a back up centre back.

https://www.hommedumatch.fr/articles/exclus-hdm/mercato-leicester-sinteresse-a-dan-axel-zagadou-pour-pallier-labsence-de-fofana_2573948

Poorly translated from french:

Wesley Fofana's injury convinced Leicester City leaders to step up in central defense. If the name of Vestergaard (Southampton) has often been mentioned, it seems that the Foxes are now turning to Germany.

Indeed, the French defender of Borussia Dortmund, Dan-Axel Zagadou, is the subject of a strong interest on the part of Leicester, who sees his contract end next June. The operation is expected to cost the sum of 20 million euros.

Surely we go for prem experience with evans missing and not somebody who needs get to know a new language, country and league? We could of course be looking to bring two defenders of which one will be in the fofana/soyuncu/Benkovic mould which I’d be up for?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Surely we go for prem experience with evans missing and not somebody who needs get to know a new language, country and league? We could of course be looking to bring two defenders of which one will be in the fofana/soyuncu/Benkovic mould which I’d be up for?

Yeah Prem experience is needed and a must! Evans is 34 in January and I just don’t see him getting a good run of games for us now with his injuries and age (hope I’m wrong) :( .

Do we expedite Tarkowski and pay the money for him opposed to a free next year?

Do we get Kabak?

Do we get Vestergaard?

I think it’s nailed on for 1 of them. But do we get 2 of them now?

Edited by les-tah

37 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Yeah Prem experience is needed and a must! Evans is 34 in January and I just don’t see him getting a good run of games for us now with his injuries and age (hope I’m wrong) :( .

Do we expedite Tarkowski and pay the money for him opposed to a free next year?

Do we get Kabak?

Do we get Vestergaard?

I think it’s nailed on for 1 of them. But do we get 2 of them now?

I wouldn't pay the asking price for Tarkowski with a year left on his contract

Ideal situation for me would be get Cahill in on a ONE year contract and see if Kabak is available on loan, then at the end of the season bin them both off and get Tarkowski in on a free when Fofana is back - if those deals are possible of course

Edited by Simonb
Mistype
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackFox said:

https://www.hommedumatch.fr/articles/exclus-hdm/mercato-leicester-sinteresse-a-dan-axel-zagadou-pour-pallier-labsence-de-fofana_2573948

Poorly translated from french:

Wesley Fofana's injury convinced Leicester City leaders to step up in central defense. If the name of Vestergaard (Southampton) has often been mentioned, it seems that the Foxes are now turning to Germany.

Indeed, the French defender of Borussia Dortmund, Dan-Axel Zagadou, is the subject of a strong interest on the part of Leicester, who sees his contract end next June. The operation is expected to cost the sum of 20 million euros.

Any player who you could adopt Agadoo for as a song is a big tick for me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

I wouldn't pay the asking price for Tarkowski with a year left on his contract

Ideal situation for me would be get Cahill in on a ONE year contract and see if Kabak is available on loan, then at the end of the season bin them both off and get Tarkowski in on a free when Fofana is back - if those deals are possible of course

Why would you bin a 21-year-old Kabak, with a potentially huge upside, if you are getting Tarkowski on a free - and a then 34 years old Evans would likely be on his last legs?

Edited by NaijaFox