Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

If Kabak was genuinely up for 8.5 million it seems like a no brainer for at least a year. Tarkowski next year on a free if we can persuade him and our back line will be pretty solid for a good few years at least. Many there who are very vertasile.

Bertrand.

Justin.

Thomas.

Perriera.

Castange.

Evans.

Tarkowski.

Forfana.

Kabak.

Soyunchu.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Benkovic needs to be sold if we aren't going to give him a chance.

Cahill on a free and then spend whatever pitiful amount we have left on a right winger. Perez will cause folk needing the loony bin this season if not.

8 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Any money to be spent on a CB should be used for a RW instead imo. 

If we can clear some deadwood off the wage bill I'd take a punt on Cahill or someone with that sort of experience on a free.

Please don't spend big on Tarkowski when he isn't better than the 3 main CBs we already have.

Would rather take a punt on Benkovic than Cahill, who missed about half of Palace’s games last season due to injury and is only getting older, slower and more injury-prone. And probably on significantly higher wages than Benko.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Would rather take a punt on Benkovic than Cahill, who missed about half of Palace’s games last season due to injury and is only getting older, slower and more injury-prone. And probably on significantly higher wages than Benko.

Totally agree. Cahill is far too slow and past it. Give Benko a chance ffs.  He has done OK thus far in pre-season. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Was he? Didn't watch the game mate, seen some folk claiming he's been crap so far which is very harsh. I can't stomach Ayo anymore but Albrighton, Sowah and Jethro may just be enough with Barnes if we are incredibly lucky?

Thought he looked decent today, defiantly improving on his first couple of outings, really hard to judge a player pre season though, was disappointed not to see Maswanhise. he's looked good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

Would you take him?

No.  Phil Jones, IF he's fit (a big IF).  United prepared to let him go.  Can't believe they'd want much money for him - or even send him on loan (ideal for us, not least to check his fitness). 

3 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

No.  Phil Jones, IF he's fit (a big IF).  United prepared to let him go.  Can't believe they'd want much money for him - or even send him on loan (ideal for us, not least to check his fitness). 

Phil Jones is absolutely garbage

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not even as experienced filler?

I think he'd be absolutely fine. Particularly if it leaves cash for a winger. A Morgan replacement who could actually play.

Just now, Pliskin said:

I reckon we will end up with Noni. Wouldn’t be surprised if a bid went in this week to try and get him in before Wolves. 

Would be a bold move to play him at CB! 

I just want Rakitskiy now, I know there’s not proper links and it isn’t happening but I’d love it to happen!

• Haha 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

Would be a bold move to play him at CB! 

I just want Rakitskiy now, I know there’s not proper links and it isn’t happening but I’d love it to happen!

I used to play Per Mertersaker up front on fifa. Worked wonders for me…….:ph34r:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

please dont ever recommend phil jones ever again in your life ever. genuinely makes me ill to think about it.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Jones not played since Jan 2020 due to injury and not back in full training yet. 

Anyone thinking Benko or Nelson are good enough for the 4th choice CB are off their rocker.

Evans is already struggling to be fit, one injury to Fofana or Cags we would be down to Amartey, Benko and Nelson.

Benko has played 11 games in 2 season, Nelson is yet to make he professional debut at 17, and Amartey is a solid pro who can do a job.

The reason we didn't get top 4 two season running is we suffered injuries to our first choice CBs and had no bloody decent back up.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1