Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

Still a few deluded folk knocking about I see.

We are crying out for a back up for Evans, that’s all we need, an EXPERIENCED head of some kind who can step in when needed, taking Cahill until Tarkowski becomes available, makes perfect sense.

Conceding three goals yesterday tells us that.

It’s baffling that some people still can’t realise this.

• Like 1

Just now, kingfox said:

We are crying out for a back up for Evans, that’s all we need, an EXPERIENCED head of some kind who can step in when needed, taking Cahill until Tarkowski becomes available, makes perfect sense.

i reckon we should go after kabak even after reading your post! cheers

Warming to the idea of Cahill, great pro will bring some much needed  experience and cover for Evans who I fear is going to miss a large part of this season. He is available on a free, ideal to replace Big Wes and will be able to offer invaluable guidance to both Cags and Fofana 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

If Kabak was genuinely up for 8.5 million it seems like a no brainer for at least a year. Tarkowski next year on a free if we can persuade him and our back line will be pretty solid for a good few years at least. Many there who are very vertasile.

Bertrand.

Justin.

Thomas.

Perriera.

Castange.

Evans.

Tarkowski.

Forfana.

Kabak.

Soyunchu.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

I am one of the deluded (as you put it). Cahill is far to slow. Can you imagine Daka up against Cahill?

Yes - he would be good against Burnley, but we only play them twice a season.  Bertrand is not short of experience. Hopefully Evans is not terminal.  I might be deluded but if Palace do not want him - should we?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I am one of the deluded (as you put it). Cahill is far to slow. Can you imagine Daka up against Cahill?

Yes - he would be good against Burnley, but we only play them twice a season.  Bertrand is not short of experience. Hopefully Evans is not terminal.  I might be deluded but if Palace do not want him - should we?

He could be the difference maker of 6 points against Burnley instead of 0 ;) 

Rodgers said he wanted more experience, Bertrand isn’t enough.

Palace wanted to keep him; however they couldn’t afford to keep him as he’s World Class.

If not Cahill, Mustafi is also available :whistle:

13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Well colour me deluded !!

He was never fast & is probably OK for a club that sits back but his pace would be exposed when playing a high line.

I have a few buddies who are CP fans & they tell me he was on 60 a week & was offered 30 a week for this season & he turned it down.  

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Anyone thinking Benko or Nelson are good enough for the 4th choice CB are off their rocker.

Evans is already struggling to be fit, one injury to Fofana or Cags we would be down to Amartey, Benko and Nelson.

Benko has played 11 games in 2 season, Nelson is yet to make he professional debut at 17, and Amartey is a solid pro who can do a job.

The reason we didn't get top 4 two season running is we suffered injuries to our first choice CBs and had no bloody decent back up.

No it wasn't, we went 3 at the back and were worse off for it as Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu took it in turns to be injured. 

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Anyone thinking Benko or Nelson are good enough for the 4th choice CB are off their rocker.

Evans is already struggling to be fit, one injury to Fofana or Cags we would be down to Amartey, Benko and Nelson.

Benko has played 11 games in 2 season, Nelson is yet to make he professional debut at 17, and Amartey is a solid pro who can do a job.

The reason we didn't get top 4 two season running is we suffered injuries to our first choice CBs and had no bloody decent back up.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

No it wasn't, we went 3 at the back and were worse off for it as Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu took it in turns to be injured. 

That doesn't make sense, you say no it wasn't then say the same thing?

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That doesn't make sense, you say no it wasn't then say the same thing?

If we didn't have to go 3 at the back due to the injury to Barnes, then it would have been a lot easier to rotate and rest 1 of Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu at a time as we would only be playing 2 at a time