Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

20 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Another dynamic to me seems to be the language barriers still. I remember when soyuncu joined he said that he was having English lessons and that was only after a few months yet he's still doing his club interviews via a translator. Fofana did his through a translator last week.

Just how much coordination of English is happening on the pitch. Makes me wonder if that's part of our defensive problems when Evans is out. 

I think it is important, crucial even. Cags was more vocal for Turkey, even if some of it was frustration because they were awful in the main. He may get to the point he can do it here, but it's clear that isn't the case now.

Organising a defence needs really good communication, so I think Cahill is an ok (if highly waged) shout.

• Like 2

Been in Sydney aust we dont get much on injures , so evans has had this injury since before the end of last season, so can some one tell me did he have a operation or did they just hope it would go away while he wasn’t playing during the off season 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Bye then

He was a horror show last season. Although the year before he was one of the most highly rated defenders on series a.

12 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Been in Sydney aust we dont get much on injures , so evans has had this injury since before the end of last season, so can some one tell me did he have a operation or did they just hope it would go away while he wasn’t playing during the off season 

No operation (yet) just a difficult injury to manage. I think the club is looking to delve into the transfer market to get some cover. But I doubt it’ll be anything but a free transfer or an incoming loan. Let’s hope it’s of a better standard than mr Bennett!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

The way they go about there business is so admirable. Basically sell one player and often replace them with two other signings!

Very similar models to us to be fair, it’s a big loss losing Romero who was excellent last season. Recon he will excel in the Premier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was a horror show last season. Although the year before he was one of the most highly rated defenders on series a.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bit like Kabak

Alright can we stop please.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I mean, absolutely yes.

But... there's no way he'd come here to be 4th choice and none of Soyuncu, Evans or Fofana would accept that either.

I don't think he's a player that would drop to our level, either.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd love us to have pop at getting Anel Ahmedhodzic from Malmo. He's got everything to become a top class defender. He also did 3 years at Forest in their academy so would be classed as a homegrown player I think?

Now I know you’re just making up names! :giggle:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

If we were unsure about getting a CB in, we'll have to make tracks now. FFS. Terrible injury for Wes. As bad as Amartey's was. We'll be lucky to see him back this season.

I’ve missed the game what’s happend?

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

If we were unsure about getting a CB in, we'll have to make tracks now. FFS. Terrible injury for Wes. As bad as Amartey's was. We'll be lucky to see him back this season.

Good news for Arsenal is we need some funds raising sharpish 

6 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

I’ve missed the game what’s happend?

Wes had a nasty challenge. Leg break. Proper dangler too, like Amartey's. We won't be seeing him again this season methinks. We now need a CB whether we had decided to hold fast and make do.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Sad 1