Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

Tarkowski and Berardi. Yes we have a business cash structure but that's already gone out of the window with the CB today (player must be experienced I.e. Tarkowski). If he's out for 6 months then keep benko and omit ben nelson, who for me isn't quite there yet. Amartey isn't good enough in the RCB role when chasing top 4.

So many positives from game. We need berardi or similar too, it only takes 1 injury to RP and Castagne and we are shafted on the right flank as well. 

I don't think there's any point in stitching this situation together with tom dailleys sewing kit. It needs cash buys (but ones that have already been on the clubs radar)

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Tarkowski and Berardi. Yes we have a business cash structure but that's already gone out of the window with the CB today (player must be experienced I.e. Tarkowski). If he's out for 6 months then keep benko and omit ben nelson, who for me isn't quite there yet. Amartey isn't good enough in the RCB role when chasing top 4.

So many positives from game. We need berardi or similar too, it only takes 1 injury to RP and Castagne and we are shafted on the right flank as well. 

I don't think there's any point in stitching this situation together with tom dailleys sewing kit. It needs cash buys (but ones that have already been on the clubs radar)

this is why i think it might force our hand to sell maddison. 

We're not panic buying a defender. That's why we have a world class scouting department that plans for all scenarios. We have a list of targets so lets hope that we get someone in who fits the profile. The last thing this club needs to do is panic buy and throw good money down a the drain of short term thinking. The list of players who are not good enough to play for us is shrinking lets keep it that way.

2 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

this is why i think it might force our hand to sell maddison. 

I really don't think he'll go anywhere and I hope he stays as much as he says he's happy here. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kabak is better than him IMO and 4 times cheaper.

I have this gnawing feeling inside of me that won't go away. If he's that good and that inexpensive then why is he still for sale. Something doesn't seem right.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana being 20 meant he wasn't taking up a spot in the 25 man PL squad so we can kiss goodbye to a new right winger an'all without a number of players leaving.

Can you take players out of the 25? I really hope he isn't but let's say Fofana is guaranteed to be out for 9-12 months and play no part in the season, can we replace him with someone or is he in until January?

Just now, SO1 said:

I have this gnawing feeling inside of me that won't go away. If he's that good and that inexpensive then why is he still for sale. Something doesn't seem right.

His wage demands are pretty high, we'll have to consider that but this time last year he was being touted to move for £30-40m.

9 minutes ago, SO1 said:

We're not panic buying a defender. That's why we have a world class scouting department that plans for all scenarios. We have a list of targets so lets hope that we get someone in who fits the profile. The last thing this club needs to do is panic buy and throw good money down a the drain of short term thinking. The list of players who are not good enough to play for us is shrinking lets keep it that way.

I don't understand what this means. We have the community shield on Saturday and the prem the week after. 

You can label it as panic buying if you want, because that's essentially what it is anyway and the timescales will be the same to.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Can you take players out of the 25? I really hope he isn't but let's say Fofana is guaranteed to be out for 9-12 months and play no part in the season, can we replace him with someone or is he in until January?

Yes of course, we haven't named it yet but what I meant was with the likes of Fofana, Thomas and Sowah we'd have 28 in the squad with those 3 as they don't have to be named.

• Like 1

It all depends on how injured Evans is. If we can have Evans back up to speed by after the first international break we only need one in and it could be a young player. Evans, Söyüncü, Kabak and Amartey/Benković plus Nelson would be absolutely fine for at least half a season for example, re-assess in January.

If Evans is out for 6+ games we really need two in, for me. Someone younger and then some experience in there is now required. Cahill if he'd take a one year deal is a no brainer. Don't see us having the money for Tarkowski

30 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think we probably will dip into the market - but with JJ coming back who can do a job at CB, and Benko, Nelson and Amartey all having minutes in pre season (and Big Dan doing a decent job at CB last season when called upon) I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t. 

Benkovic made big errors for both of their goals…, Nelson is 17 and JJ isn’t even in full training yet let alone match fit… Amartey might be able to cover for a couple of games but he’s not a long term solution.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I don't understand what this means. We have the community shield on Saturday and the prem the week after. 

You can label it as panic buying if you want, because that's essentially what it is anyway and the timescales will be the same to.

We have until the end of the month. Don't need to throw money down the drain to deal with either of those two matches. Thats enough time to buy Kabac and one other. We can deal with the situation we have short term. Did it for short periods last year.

So deflating as anyone is a massive downgrade on Fofana.

Kabak makes the most sense I think, and then possibly Cahill on a 1 year deal as Evans insurance, but I think his wages will be prohibitively expensive and he'll want guaranteed game time.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Benkovic made big errors for both of their goals…, Nelson is 17 and JJ isn’t even in full training yet let alone match fit… Amartey might be able to cover for a couple of games but he’s not a long term solution.

Benkovic is done as far as I'm concerned and Nelson should go out on loan. I don't know what happened to the Benkovic I used to watch at Celtic.