Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeslaw

My husband loved LCFC and needs your support 💙

Its pretty simple really for our govt to ban any form of free or bonus bets but will they.Will the companies then operate from overseas ? ?.However bit of perspective noone gets in debt doing free bets they get in trouble using their own money chasing easy cash and that is another issue.Bit like the shootings in Plymouth why does a 22 year old in  town need and legally have a pump action shotgun,Its because he can under current rules.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dynamark said:

Its pretty simple really for our govt to ban any form of free or bonus bets but will they.Will the companies then operate from overseas ? ?.However bit of perspective noone gets in debt doing free bets they get in trouble using their own money chasing easy cash and that is another issue.Bit like the shootings in Plymouth why does a 22 year old in  town need and legally have a pump action shotgun,Its because he can under current rules.

The gambling companies have worked very hard to avoid any idea that for some people gsmblingbis dangerously addictive.  They point to their time out abdvlimit features as being responsible.   They havevdontvway tomlutyle in understanding gambling addiction and working out how to deal with it.  Right now if someone it losing tonnes of money they call them a VIP... if they stop they send them free bets to pull them back.  So  yes the gov could stop such tactics ... but they also need to prevent people from racking up losses they cannot afford.

• Like 1

15000+ is great, but can we get it out there more? I’m not a social media expert but I think that if everyone pumped the message out on Facebook and Twitter it would build up the momentum. 

For what it’s worth, I’ve also written to my (Tory) MP, and am sharing on other fan forums. Isn’t Annie on Breakfast TV this week? Need to promote that as well.

Fvck it, 100,000 is the minimum!

• Like 2

On 19/08/2021 at 22:45, LanguedocFox said:

15000+ is great, but can we get it out there more? I’m not a social media expert but I think that if everyone pumped the message out on Facebook and Twitter it would build up the momentum. 

I'm certainly not either but I'm sharing on twitter every few days and including anyone I can think of. E.g. added Matt Piper today, thought perhaps it would be something he'd support. 

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 09:32, davieG said:

Yes, they published it with sensitive information that I didn't want reporting and I have tried to get them to edit it.  I haven't had an interview with them and neither have Luke's friends, but they have written it as if we have. They are putting it on the front page of the newspaper on Monday and keeping in the details that even my own children don't know yet (advised by counsellors not to tell them until they ask). Seems like the Mercury do not care as they have told me they have the exclusive. I am so upset about it. 

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

I keep posting the petition on social media and have asked quite a few high profile people to retweet or share it but they are not really interested. Im guessing, some people think that I am doing this for myself, I'm not, Luke has gone. This is about stopping it from happening again or atleast raising some sort of awareness of the dangers of gambling incentives. 

5 minutes ago, Lukeslaw said:

Yes, they published it with sensitive information that I didn't want reporting and I have tried to get them to edit it.  I haven't had an interview with them and neither have Luke's friends, but they have written it as if we have. They are putting it on the front page of the newspaper on Monday and keeping in the details that even my own children don't know yet (advised by counsellors not to tell them until they ask). Seems like the Mercury do not care as they have told me they have the exclusive. I am so upset about it. 

That’s terrible, who provided this exclusivity?