Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeslaw

My husband loved LCFC and needs your support 💙

On 02/09/2021 at 12:08, davieG said:

It's a sad old world when you can pick up 50,000 votes in a day or two to ban Anthony Taylor from refereeing PL games but only 17K plus over a few weeks even with fairly decent publicity to try to prevent people falling under the spell of unscrupulous gambling companies. :cry: :mad:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/587806

Bump

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Signed and bumped. 

Got 2 emails today from 2 different bookmakers that I haven’t used in a while offering £20 free if I deposit £20.

18409AB2-05AF-40AE-BDFF-0D8D1549E3E2.thumb.png.9a7c7c6f62e162efd36ff4ee944256c8.pngB881ABEA-90BE-437B-8A42-E5A533A602EE.thumb.png.847b2f57b97d40c49769fe42eadbe032.png

Good example mate. I fully support this campaign but I have to admit I don't receive any of the emails but then my betting activity amounts to £10 on the Grand National so maybe I'm not so much of a target (or they know I'm a tight git)

On 15/09/2021 at 17:02, Lukeslaw said:

Yes, went to Westminster on Monday. I feel like the media are really wanting to report about gambling. I have also taken part in the Paul Merson doc which will be aired on BBC1 in October. 

There’s an interview with Merson in yesterday’s Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/18/paul-merson-gambling-is-a-horrible-addiction-your-career-passes-you-by?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

You have to wonder how much more evidence the government needs about the damage done by gambling before it will act. Please keep campaigning, Annie.

• Like 3

Hi all, posting this everywhere so thought I would post in here too. I know some of you follow me on twitter now and/or on facebook so will probably see this anyway. 

On 2nd October, we have decided to do a fundraiser 'Light Up for #LukesLaw' to raise awareness of gambling harm and suicide.
This is also Luke's birthday. 💙💙💙

We will be meeting 5pm at the Town Hall and walking to the KP stadium (route tbc) in the hope of gaining more signatures on Luke'sLaw petition and also raising funds for 'Gambling with Lives' who are an independent lived experience charity and have been helping me with pretty much everything to do with the campaign and more. LCFC tshirts and glowsticks are to be worn and/or bright colours/fancy dress (whatever floats your boat).

In the evening, there will be drinks at Newfoundpool Working Men's Club, where there will be some food and (hopefully) a dj or a band.

Donations will be done through a 'gofundme' page to be posted soon.

Unfortunately, there will be no fireworks, which we were hoping to do, as there is no capacity for it at the venue. But, music is being sort after as entertainment to replace the fireworks.

Hope this all makes sense. Any questions, please ask. 🙏 💙💙💙

• Like 4