Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeslaw

My husband loved LCFC and needs your support 💙

On 01/11/2021 at 21:23, ElusiveEd said:

That is fantastic.

I'm sure there will be some kind of financial hit to them despite the claim to the contrary in the article, so to me that makes it even better.

More clubs need to follow their example but unfortunately we all know we will be pissing in the wind on that one.

1 hour ago, Lukeslaw said:

Considering writing a letter to LCFC asking them to stop pitch side gam ads. It is really awkward when my son and I come to the game and thats what's flashing around the pitch. Would people even care if it wasn't there? 

Nice to see you still slogging away at this Annie. I did catch the last 15 minutes of the Paul Merson documentary, took me a little while to twig it was you. 

In answer to your question, no of course nobody would care, but it's all about money. 

Have you thought about getting your son to go all out Greta style. These organisations fob adults off but it's not as easy to do likewise with a child. Clearly he would need to be  comfortable doing it but If he has your inner steel it could work.

Keep the faith

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lukeslaw said:

Considering writing a letter to LCFC asking them to stop pitch side gam ads. It is really awkward when my son and I come to the game and thats what's flashing around the pitch. Would people even care if it wasn't there? 

Most definitely not, I'd be delighted to see them gone. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lukeslaw said:

One of my family was a alcoholic and died thru complications.  Of course I still have a beer but I wonder about sports alvohol sponsorship and advertising.  30 yrs back ot would have been cigarettes.

Closer to home I worry if online investment (like fbs) is gambling and may be addictive.

Net point is: yes we should all write to the club and ask them to drop gambling adverts.... but I am more relaxed about alcohol.   Where is the line?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably never a bad time to bump this thread. Saw this Tweet though. He’s done a few articles on some of these dodgy companies which, to be fair, are aimed at Asian betting syndicates, but I'm sure does not help. 

https://twitter.com/PhilippeAuclair/status/1462194992135421954?s=20

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A spokesperson for the Betting and Gaming Council (BGC), which represents the gambling industry, said its members spend millions of pounds on problem gambling prevention and treatment programmes.

"The BGC's largest members committed to spend an additional £100m for the treatment of problem gambling and we are also spending £10m on the Young People's Gambling Harm Prevention Programme," it said.

A case of after the horse has bolted and if they have to spend that much on treatment then they are admitting it's a major problem purely down to their greed.

• Like 2

For a club that wants to be seen as "family friendly" and have a certain image, having all the betting stuff is a turn off. I just do not want to see it at games or anywhere.

I have never made a bet and never intend to BUT the sheer amount of advertising and free offers, if it's made someone like me think twice (and I stopped drinking years ago after a bit of wild teenage years) then god help those more tempted.