Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeslaw

My husband loved LCFC and needs your support πŸ’™

17 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Your petition mentioned free bets, which honestly I quite like, it means I have to pay less. HoweverΒ if I put myself in a position of someone with less control and can fully see that these are a MASSIVE problem. It is quite clear that gambling does destroy lives, not just the lives of the gamblers. I have thought for many years that betting should be contained to betting shops only and BANNED online. It is far to easy to place a bet, if you had to shakeΒ your arse down to the betting shop most wouldn't bother. Even though I gain some enjoyment from betting I would quite happily have the whole industry banned, to preventΒ yourself and others like you suffering so unnecessarily.

Β 

Kudos for saying you'dΒ giveΒ up something you enjoy for the greater good of others. You don't see it much. You get a lot of defensive / dismissive people who'd say stuff like 'why should I give up X because Y can't show self-control', etc.Β 

Β 

Fair play, good attitude to take.Β 

23 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

football is awash with money from gambling and it's all wrong. I would be personally gutted if Leiceter ever had a gambling sponsor for the stadium or shirt. I know they have a "gambling partner" but I would like to see that gone too.Β 

Β 

Gambling always has, and always will exist, but the proliferation of advertising and the pushing and enticement is ridiculous. This has been discussed in the other thread on here :Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I saw something on TV earlier this year where Swansea have said they've done away with any gambling sponsorship or partners because of the impact but said its putting them at a massive disadvantage financially as you could imagine.

Β 

Also signed.

2 hours ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

I don't often feel the urge to post but this got me clicking on the password finder.Β 

Β 

I'll start by saying I signed your petition, didn't watch the video - I'm a weeper and I get the sense it could be a bit teary, not a great look in the office. I'll maybe give it a go later.

Β 

I guess it would be fair to say I bet, but I am quite a controlled fella and will only bet what I set out to, and I never chase losses. It's quite odd but in a way it adds to the enjoyment of watching it for me. During the football season I will bet a maximum of Β£20 a week. The last time I went to the cinema it was over Β£20 and to do most things these days it is north of that, so is Β£20 that bad? I don't drink, smoke or have any other wasteful habits.Β 

Β 

Your petition mentioned free bets, which honestly I quite like, it means I have to pay less. HoweverΒ if I put myself in a position of someone with less control and can fully see that these are a MASSIVE problem. It is quite clear that gambling does destroy lives, not just the lives of the gamblers. I have thought for many years that betting should be contained to betting shops only and BANNED online. It is far to easy to place a bet, if you had to shakeΒ your arse down to the betting shop most wouldn't bother. Even though I gain some enjoyment from betting I would quite happily have the whole industry banned, to preventΒ yourself and others like you suffering so unnecessarily.

Β 

I support your cause wholeheartedly and hope some meaningful action comes from it. I'm sure all those connected to you are incredibly proud of you. Keep up the good fight.

Great Post man, real honest, you should post more.

• Like 2

I think it is awful how such things can be permitted in life. I think all governments should be in place to do what’s best for the people and anything that encourages something that is only bad should not be permitted. I feel that way about cigarettes also. However, I also know why they don’t ban these things.

Β 

Anyway, sorry for your loss and signed!Β 

On 02/08/2021 at 15:40, Lukeslaw said:

My husband loved LCFC, he went all over the place to watch them and started many of chants when he was watching the games in the home and away stands. He would often come home with destroyed vocal chords. City was everything to him.Β 

However, I recently lost my husband through a gambling addiction. He was a happy man but was sucked into a hole after being given 'free bets' which ultimately cost him his life. I have made a video that explains more here.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159682032749728&id=572159727

I have set up a petition asking the government to ban 'free bets'. This is where I am asking for your support. Could you sign and possibly share it.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/587806
Sorry for asking but I am trying to gain as much support for this as possible and as he put his all into being a huge supporter, I thought I would give this a go. Signing will take 1 minute and sharing will take even less time. Hope you do not mind me posting.

Β 

So, so sorry for your loss.Β You are extremely brave for sharing all of this, Annie – hats off.Β 

Signed the petition and have spread the word. Who knows. these things sometimes make a difference.Β 

Β 

Β 

Signed, obviously. I can't say I haven't gambled, but I can say I recognise that gambling and the associated advertising and marketing is becoming a real cancer seeping into everyday life and public consciousness in ways and places that it really shouldn't. The way that good products, organisations and causes are now being endorsed by gambling companies is disgusting and I don't know how it's been allowed to happen. Its an incredibly dangerous version of the 'McDonald's, official sponsor of team GB' type shit - they should be mutually exclusive but somehow are increasingly intertwined. A negative, endorsing a positive, to gain false positivity.Β 

Β 

Anyway, so sorry for your loss and well done on having the courage to share your story and get this out there.Β 

This is the most important thread ever to be on this forum. So brave and courageous of Annie for speaking out on this vile industry. So sorry for your loss it is heart breaking, makes me proud to be a Leicester fan with the support this has received.Β 

• Like 1

I finally watched the video.Β 

Β 

Wow! That was seriously impressive. To speak for almost eight minutes in such a calm, controlled, eloquent and stoic manner, with no erms or fumbling, on a subject that must be immensely difficult for you to talk about. I take my hat off to you.Β 

Β 

I have 2 daughters and if either do anything as impressive as that I will whack a big tick in the dad done a good job column.

Β 

I am left with an overwhelming sense of anger especially now I've looked at how many signatures there are. I'm not massively up with how to get these things moving but surely 100,000 signatures shouldn't be beyond us as a people.

Β 

What's the best way to get some traction on this?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

On 02/08/2021 at 15:40, Lukeslaw said:

My husband loved LCFC, he went all over the place to watch them and started many of chants when he was watching the games in the home and away stands. He would often come home with destroyed vocal chords. City was everything to him.Β 

However, I recently lost my husband through a gambling addiction. He was a happy man but was sucked into a hole after being given 'free bets' which ultimately cost him his life. I have made a video that explains more here.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159682032749728&id=572159727

I have set up a petition asking the government to ban 'free bets'. This is where I am asking for your support. Could you sign and possibly share it.
Sorry for asking but I am trying to gain as much support for this as possible and as he put his all into being a huge supporter, I thought I would give this a go. Signing will take 1 minute and sharing will take even less time. Hope you do not mind me posting.

Have you tried tweeting this to Gary Lineker? He's got thousands of followers and you might get a retweet.Β 

• Like 4