Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeslaw

My husband loved LCFC and needs your support 💙

Signed. The relationship between football and the gambling industry is evidently dangerous. Greater regulation is required to help reduce the number of those afflicted by this addiction in the future. Greater resources should be made available to those already trapped. 

• Like 1

Gambling wrecks so many lives of ordinary people while the people promoting it get richer. No coincidence that Denise Coates, CEO of Bet365 is the highest paid executive in the uk with a package worth £469Million last year (£421M salary plus £48M in dividends). But of course that is ok because she is described as a Philanthropist as she donates a few quid to charity (but that is all tax deductible) and was awarded a CBE for services to the community in 2012. I wonder how much of her donations went to charities that support those suffering from addiction?

You have been through the mill and i admire your guts for putting this out there. I hope you reach your target. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Gambling wrecks so many lives of ordinary people while the people promoting it get richer. No coincidence that Denise Coates, CEO of Bet365 is the highest paid executive in the uk with a package worth £469Million last year (£421M salary plus £48M in dividends). But of course that is ok because she is described as a Philanthropist as she donates a few quid to charity (but that is all tax deductible) and was awarded a CBE for services to the community in 2012. I wonder how much of her donations went to charities that support those suffering from addiction?

You have been through the mill and i admire your guts for putting this out there. I hope you reach your target. 

If the highest paid CEO was a pimp, there would be a HUGE problem with that, wouldn't there.

It's quite telling that the woman in charge of the Track and Trace app is the same woman in charge of TalkTalk when they sold... sorry, lost a lot a personal data and didnt even admit it to their victims.

THE GOVERNMENT DOESNT CARE

• Like 2

Thank you all. We seem to agree on a lot of things. Definitely makes me proud to be Leicester with all this support.

Liverpool's forum wouldn't let me post it and Arsenal's mods put it in a thread that no one looks at. 🥺 

On 02/08/2021 at 15:40, Lukeslaw said:

My husband loved LCFC, he went all over the place to watch them and started many of chants when he was watching the games in the home and away stands. He would often come home with destroyed vocal chords. City was everything to him. 

However, I recently lost my husband through a gambling addiction. He was a happy man but was sucked into a hole after being given 'free bets' which ultimately cost him his life. I have made a video that explains more here.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159682032749728&id=572159727

I have set up a petition asking the government to ban 'free bets'. This is where I am asking for your support. Could you sign and possibly share it.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/587806
Sorry for asking but I am trying to gain as much support for this as possible and as he put his all into being a huge supporter, I thought I would give this a go. Signing will take 1 minute and sharing will take even less time. Hope you do not mind me posting.

Bump

On 02/08/2021 at 15:40, Lukeslaw said:

My husband loved LCFC, he went all over the place to watch them and started many of chants when he was watching the games in the home and away stands. He would often come home with destroyed vocal chords. City was everything to him. 

However, I recently lost my husband through a gambling addiction. He was a happy man but was sucked into a hole after being given 'free bets' which ultimately cost him his life. I have made a video that explains more here.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159682032749728&id=572159727

I have set up a petition asking the government to ban 'free bets'. This is where I am asking for your support. Could you sign and possibly share it.
Sorry for asking but I am trying to gain as much support for this as possible and as he put his all into being a huge supporter, I thought I would give this a go. Signing will take 1 minute and sharing will take even less time. Hope you do not mind me posting.

Bump

12 hours ago, Lukeslaw said:

Thank you all. We seem to agree on a lot of things. Definitely makes me proud to be Leicester with all this support.

Liverpool's forum wouldn't let me post it and Arsenal's mods put it in a thread that no one looks at. 🥺 

On the othe hand, I posted it on the Everton forum, and it's had 75 positive responses already. Over 8000 signatures and counting so don't lose hope.

• Like 3