Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeslaw

My husband loved LCFC and needs your support 💙

On 02/08/2021 at 15:40, Lukeslaw said:

My husband loved LCFC, he went all over the place to watch them and started many of chants when he was watching the games in the home and away stands. He would often come home with destroyed vocal chords. City was everything to him. 

However, I recently lost my husband through a gambling addiction. He was a happy man but was sucked into a hole after being given 'free bets' which ultimately cost him his life. I have made a video that explains more here.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159682032749728&id=572159727

I have set up a petition asking the government to ban 'free bets'. This is where I am asking for your support. Could you sign and possibly share it.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/587806
Sorry for asking but I am trying to gain as much support for this as possible and as he put his all into being a huge supporter, I thought I would give this a go. Signing will take 1 minute and sharing will take even less time. Hope you do not mind me posting.

Bump

• Like 1

I love how this is going, but I feel like we could be doing more. I'm not really Twitter savvy, is someone who is willing to try and get this really going on there? We must have people here who can try, if I knew how I'd be trying to get someone with a high profile to retweet it 

• Like 2

Yes, I think sharing this would have made more of an impact. If everyone who had signed got 10 more to sign then it would be almost 100,000. Thats not taking into account if it was signed after being shared and shared. I just hope that others will see it and sign it and share it now. 🙏💙

1 hour ago, Lukeslaw said:

Yes, I think sharing this would have made more of an impact. If everyone who had signed got 10 more to sign then it would be almost 100,000. Thats not taking into account if it was signed after being shared and shared. I just hope that others will see it and sign it and share it now. 🙏💙

It looks like it’s getting close to a tipping point - it could hit 10K tonight. Either way, I will work on sharing tomorrow and see if we can build some more momentum.

Well done, Annie: we’re proud of you.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2021 at 16:40, Lukeslaw said:

My husband loved LCFC, he went all over the place to watch them and started many of chants when he was watching the games in the home and away stands. He would often come home with destroyed vocal chords. City was everything to him. 

However, I recently lost my husband through a gambling addiction. He was a happy man but was sucked into a hole after being given 'free bets' which ultimately cost him his life. I have made a video that explains more here.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159682032749728&id=572159727

I have set up a petition asking the government to ban 'free bets'. This is where I am asking for your support. Could you sign and possibly share it.
Sorry for asking but I am trying to gain as much support for this as possible and as he put his all into being a huge supporter, I thought I would give this a go. Signing will take 1 minute and sharing will take even less time. Hope you do not mind me posting.

1 hour ago, Lukeslaw said:

@Union FS can you help with sharing this please? 

• Like 2

:appl: Very well done Annie. I actually never doubted you for a second. 

I'm only sorry I can't be of more help social media wise, I don't really use it, I tend to just phone the people I want to talk too. Bit old school I know.

If you look at the petition stats the signers are pretty much all in the East Midlands. There is no reason why that can't be replicated across the country. I think you will end up smashing 100k. 

I'm sure I speak for the entire foxestalk family when I say we are very proud of you. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

:appl: Very well done Annie. I actually never doubted you for a second. 

I'm only sorry I can't be of more help social media wise, I don't really use it, I tend to just phone the people I want to talk too. Bit old school I know.

If you look at the petition stats the signers are pretty much all in the East Midlands. There is no reason why that can't be replicated across the country. I think you will end up smashing 100k. 

I'm sure I speak for the entire foxestalk family when I say we are very proud of you. 

Not quite true. There’s a map with the petition (there’s a link below the running total) and according to that there are signatories in every constituency apart from Mid-Ulster! 

Just need to turn the whole map red.

• Like 1

I live in East London, and just shared it on a WhatsApp group for new Dads in the neighbourhood (about 200 people). A fair few said they'd sign, and I also unearthed some local Leicester fans/fellow ex pats, which was a nice byproduct!

Edited by Nodsy
  • Like 1