Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

On 29/09/2021 at 22:41, Ric Flair said:

What's his commanding of the 6 yard box like and coming for crosses / set pieces etc? That is where Schmeichel is an absolute abomination.

Only watched them live a few times, but his all round game looked superb. Reminded me of Marton Fulop's loan spell here where he looked a class above.

I've absolutely no doubt that this lad will take over from Kasper when he leaves. Ideally he'll go on loan to a Prem team next season and we can see how he does, but so far he seems to have impressed  at every new level he's played at so far.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Only watched them live a few times, but his all round game looked superb. Reminded me of Marton Fulop's loan spell here where he looked a class above.

I've absolutely no doubt that this lad will take over from Kasper when he leaves. Ideally he'll go on loan to a Prem team next season and we can see how he does, but so far he seems to have impressed  at every new level he's played at so far.

He was excellent, actually think if Sunderland hadn't of recall him in December we wouldn't have got relegated to league 1. All down to us not being able to agree a fee for a permanent deal. 

RIP Marton another taken by cancer far to young. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Results - Tuesday 5th October

Papa Johns Trophy:

Khanya Leshabela (7.8 - 90 mins) - Shrewsbury 3-1 Wolves U21

Tyrese Shade (7.3 - 90 mins) - Walsall 1-1 Northampton - Walsall win 4-2 on pens

Sam Hughes (not in squad - injured) - Burton 2-4 Aston Villa U21

Callum Wright (not in squad - injured) - Cheltenham 2-2 Exeter - Exeter win 3-2 on pens

*Ratings for these matches are from SofaScore as neither WhoScored or Fotmob did ratings for these games

Glad leshabala got 90, hopefully impressed to get some minutes in the league.

• Like 1

Todays Games - Saturday 9th October

League One:

Khanya Leshabela - on the bench for Shrewsbury vs Ipswich

Sam Hughes - not in the squad for Burton vs Plymouth

League Two:

Tyrese Shade - on the bench for Walsall vs Salford

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a good job Iversen is on loan else this would be an incredibly depressing loan window. Who could legitimately go out on loan in Jan? Ideally to a club that plays the players.

I wonder if we might recall some of them, so they can potentially go elsewhere.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

George Hirst has got his own custom made armchair and portable TV.

I think he scored in a friendly v's Bournemouth this last week.

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a good job Iversen is on loan else this would be an incredibly depressing loan window. Who could legitimately go out on loan in Jan? Ideally to a club that plays the players.

Suengchittawon will get a loan in Jan, he was set to go out on loan in the summer but got injured. Maswanhise surely being considered too. 

The one who ought to get one if he's ever going to make it is Vontae Daley-Campbell and Wakeling is at an age where he probably needs to be pitched in League One or Two to assess where he's at.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Suengchittawon will get a loan in Jan, he was set to go out on loan in the summer but got injured. Maswanhise surely being considered too. 

My barber cuts Suengchittawon’s hair, getting a trim on Thursday so I’ll ask about any potential loan moves lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stadt said:

My barber cuts Suengchittawon’s hair, getting a trim on Thursday so I’ll ask about any potential loan moves lol 

How did he introduce himself? Hi I’m Thanawat? Or does he shorten it? Does he take jokes about his name in good humour or with a tired, thin smile? When people say “Looks like Thanwat won” or “What thanawat what?” and then laugh at themselves can you see brief glimpses of scorn in Thanawat’s face? They would be my three must-know questions. It’s been a slow week. The u23s thread would feast on any unsubstantiated rumors you may care to casually insinuate there.

59 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Result - Tuesday 12th October

Papa Johns Trophy:

George Hirst (6.4 - 90 mins) - Portsmouth 0-2 Sutton

Seems like back to back unsuccessful loans. Maybe needs selling to a league one and build from there. Least he can always cherish his two Premier League appearances 

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hirst is on course to set a record for the longest run of appearances in league football without a goal as a striker.

Seems like a case of him being bigger than kids his age in youth football and having a well known dad who was good at footie has probably give him a reputation that doesn't actually match his ability or potential.

He seems to keep dropping further down the leagues and not being rated by any club, you'd expect these clubs to at least have a cursory look at a player before signing them on loan.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Seems like a case of him being bigger than kids his age in youth football and having a well known dad who was good at footie has probably give him a reputation that doesn't actually match his ability or potential.

He seems to keep dropping further down the leagues and not being rated by any club, you'd expect these clubs to at least have a cursory look at a player before signing them on loan.

...can't agree with that!!!

It would make sense for prospective clubs to take a look at a player to see what he can bring to the table.

Hirst is good with the ball on the floor, yet you will find managers looking to use him as a target man upfront. 

Looking at Andy Carroll, just looking at him you think, route one see if he can hold it up and play off him. But that is not his game, he can do it, but is also great on the floor, but the tendency if you do not know  him is to utilise his height.

I am not saying that he is in the same class as Andy Carroll but people do read you wrong.

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Our Leuven friend, I forget which, the angry one, said exactly that.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...can't agree with that!!!

It would make sense for prospective clubs to take a look at a player to see what he can bring to the table.

Hirst is good with the ball on the floor, yet you will find managers looking to use him as a target man upfront. 

Looking at Andy Carroll, just looking at him you think, route one see if he can hold it up and play off him. But that is not his game, he can do it, but is also great on the floor, but the tendency if you do not know  him is to utilise his height.

I am not saying that he is in the same class as Andy Carroll but people do read you wrong.

I don't get your point? I'm just saying that the fact he most likely had a physical advantage against his opposition throughough his youth career made him look more impressive than he probably is.

Having watched him play, Hirst is no way technically lacking although for such a tall fellow is not as good in the air as he should be. Hardly any modern forward impresses me in the air though. He is hardly ever in the right place at the right time and his dad can't pass that on to him 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I don't get your point? I'm just saying that the fact he most likely had a physical advantage against his opposition throughough his youth career made him look more impressive than he probably is.

....I  understood your post!!!

What I  was saying was that the reason for his lack of progression could well be due to how he is perceived in respect of his size and the perception that he can only play in one way.

I agreed with you that any potential player coming into a club needs to be vetted as to what he can bring.

50 minutes ago, Sly said:

Would he be better suited here in the U23s?

He then just blocks off progression of other players we have with more talent. He's had 3 moves now where he's not exactly done anything, it's becoming less and less of a coincidence now and more that he likely isn't good enough 

• Like 1