Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Expected to be out around 5 more months which takes us to around March/April, I imagine Cheltenham will probably look to cancel the loan in January as even if he is back in March/April it would still take him a while to get back up to match fitness

His season is basically done I would think, probably a few under 23 appearances for us towards the back end of the season maybe but I can't see him playing another game of senior football this season

A real shame if he's as good as people are saying, a bad injury at this stage of his development could really hamper him. Hopefully he comes back strong and kicks on. The level we are at now though, realistically, 95% of the youth players will never have a career here. We've not done too bad recently with KDH and Thomas who both look like they have good futures here but like you said, other than Iversen and possibly Wright if he recovers, we won't be seeing too many promotions from the youth setup anytime soon.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

A real shame if he's as good as people are saying, a bad injury at this stage of his development could really hamper him. Hopefully he comes back strong and kicks on. The level we are at now though, realistically, 95% of the youth players will never have a career here. We've not done too bad recently with KDH and Thomas who both look like they have good futures here but like you said, other than Iversen and possibly Wright if he recovers, we won't be seeing too many promotions from the youth setup anytime soon.

Thankfully we do seem to have quite a few decent youngsters knocking around now; Ben Nelson (17), Wanya Marcal-Madivadua (19), Sammy Braybrooke (17), Tawanda Maswanhise (18), Will Alves (16), Chris Popov (17), Kian Pennant (17)

Hopefully the club will be looking to get Marcal-Madivadua a loan in January or next summer as he has just turned 19, and Maswanhise should certainly be looked at as one to try and loan out

The club did well shifting quite a lot of the crap out of the under 23s over the summer, and although it still looks like we have a few floating around out on loan, the youth system is looking better since Rodgers came in

• Like 4

Sounds like Callum Wright is smashing his recovery, could be back before Christmas!

How is Callum Wright doing?

We are confident he'll be back before Christmas. It's not in our hands, but initially we feared six months. If it turns out to be three months it's still a blow as he's a big player for us, but the other three lads out are big players too and you could argue all four would get in your best starting XI, so that's what we are having to carry at the minute. Hopefully some time in December, but we'll see.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sheffield-wednesday-home-leicester-city-6125772

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Todays Games - Saturday 30th October

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Luton

League One:

Khanya Leshabela - on the bench for Shrewsbury vs Lincoln

George Hirst - on the bench for Portsmouth vs Bolton

Callum Wright - not in squad (injured) for Cheltenham vs Sheff Wed

Sam Hughes - not in squad (injured) for Burton vs Wigan

League Two:

Tyrese Shade - on the bench for Walsall vs Sutton

Serie A:

Dennis Praet - starting for Torino vs Sampdoria

Edited by moore_94

Looking on a Preston forum and sounds like Iversen is going to be very similar to Kasper in how he plays

Makes himself big for 1 on 1s, outstanding reactions saves, distribution can be underwhelming but can win points himself from his performances

But also good to hear he likes to come out for the ball (it is probably the one thing I really have an issue with when it comes to Kasper, but I imagine it helps that Iversen is a fair bit taller and Kasper is rather short)

image.png.70d888fad276fe9d30c0cb367aca50c4.png

A lot of them think he is a Prem quality keeper already, be interesting to see what happens with him next season

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/iversen.3434651/

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

Todays Result - Wednesday 3rd November

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (7.2 - 90 mins) - Preston 2-1 Bournemouth

Sounds like he made another superb save as well, shall try and find a video!

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Sell Ward in the summer, let Jakupovic go and then Iversen and Young back up to Schmeichel.

I reckon we could easily get what we paid back for Ward as well with him being Wales number 1

I want Iversen back here, but I also don't really want him just sat on the bench all season with maybe even less games available if we don't get Europe again

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I reckon we could easily get what we paid back for Ward as well with him being Wales number 1

I want Iversen back here, but I also don't really want him just sat on the bench all season with maybe even less games available if we don't get Europe again

The irony is since we've signed Danny Ward over 3 years ago, Schmeichel's not been injured once 😂

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The irony is since we've signed Danny Ward over 3 years ago, Schmeichel's not been injured once 😂

Unfortunately I think whoever takes over from Kasper is going to have to wait until he has a serious injury, really declines, retires, or decides he his happy to be a number 2

Which is such a shame for 2 seemingly really good players in Ward and Iversen

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know, for once we've got a really good back up and Schmeichel is indestructible. Before that we had to suffer Zieler, Hamer and a 58-year-old Schwarzer lumbering in front of our net.

• Haha 1