Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

17 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He's only turned 22 himself this year and is playing against other players of a similar age with similar aspirations. It's not like he's turning out against Coalville u21. 

Hes playing against players of a similar age with similar aspirations.....but most of whom will not be good enough to pursue a career at senior pro level as can be evidenced from our U21s where we have a success rate less then 25%.

yet to see any evidence that Hirst is good enough to play at Championship or Div 1 level yet he still seems to get very good publicity....?!?

Compare that to Barnes (Barnsley, MK Dons, WBA) or KDH (Blackpool & Luton) who won player of the season accolades during their respective loans in Div1 and championship by time they were 22...!!

1 minute ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Hes playing against players of a similar age with similar aspirations.....but most of whom will not be good enough to pursue a career at senior pro level as can be evidenced from our U21s where we have a success rate less then 25%.

yet to see any evidence that Hirst is good enough to play at Championship or Div 1 level yet he still seems to get very good publicity....?!?

Compare that to Barnes (Barnsley, MK Dons, WBA) or KDH (Blackpool & Luton) who won player of the season accolades during their respective loans in Div1 and championship by time they were 22...!!

Publicity from where other than one article saying he had a decent game?

What is wrong with someone saying he had a good game if he did

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 10:50, coolhandfox said:

Publicity from where other than one article saying he had a decent game?

What is wrong with someone saying he had a good game if he did

Nothing wrong at all saying he had a decent game if he did...........All i said was a little perspective was required on the level of opposition as too many folk on this forum are too quick to build players up.....and then equally quick to knock them down again (KDH being the latest example!)

As for publicity, you don't see any of our other U21 players getting newspaper headlines when they play well against rival U21 teams as games at the level are not usually reported in the newspapers....and George  Hirst has been headline news at our academy since he first signed for us from Sheff Wed nearly 3 years ago....and im still waiting to see why that is other than he has a famous footballing father who was best mates with Nigel Pearson??

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Nothing wrong at all saying he had a decent game if he did...........All i said was a little perspective was required on the level of opposition as too many folk on this forum are too quick to build players up.....and then equally quick to knock them down again (KDH being the latest example!)

100% agree 

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

As for publicity, you don't see any of our other U21 players getting newspaper headlines when they play well against rival U21 teams as games at the level are not usually reported in the newspapers....and George  Hirst has been headline news at our academy since he first signed for us from Sheff Wed nearly 3 years ago....and im still waiting to see why that is other than he has a famous footballing father who was best mates with Nigel Pearson??

It's the local Portsmouth rag, so hardly national headlines. 

It is not his fault his dad was a good player. I'm sure he gets fed up with being referred to as the son of David Hirst. 

You don't play for England u17,u18, u19 and u20 without having a modicum of talent.

I'm just pleased to see him getting a couple of games in a row, in which he's got a goal and assist. 

I enjoy following our young foxes on loan. 

Defining why George is a perpetual underachiever is a real problem. He is tall, pretty quick and a half decent footballer. To me , he just doesn't have the sharp brain his dad had. He reads the game too slowly and does not find dangerous positions. Can he find that quality? I am not optimistic but I would be pleased to be proved wrong.

28 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Defining why George is a perpetual underachiever is a real problem. He is tall, pretty quick and a half decent footballer. To me , he just doesn't have the sharp brain his dad had. He reads the game too slowly and does not find dangerous positions. Can he find that quality? I am not optimistic but I would be pleased to be proved wrong.

...personally I believe he has been pigeon holed and not allowed to play to his own strengths!!!

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

I thought sam hughes had gone Burton on loan? He’s at the training ground in lcfc training gear as just appeared on daley-Campbell story? Did he actually go on loan? 

@moore_94 any ideas mate?

I think he got injured early on so he's back here recovering

On 13/11/2021 at 17:04, moore_94 said:

Sam Hughes (not in squad - injured) - Burton 0-1 Charlton

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

I thought he went there still injured actually? Strange one 

That was @moore_94last post current games

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I thought sam hughes had gone Burton on loan? He’s at the training ground in lcfc training gear as just appeared on daley-Campbell story? Did he actually go on loan? 

@moore_94 any ideas mate?

He hasn't played a game since he originally injured his knee last December

He rejoined them on loan in the summer whilst still injured, but looks like he is still doing his recovery with us

I am expecting he will join them permanently in the summer

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He hasn't played a game since he originally injured his knee last December

He rejoined them on loan in the summer whilst still injured, but looks like he is still doing his recovery with us

I am expecting he will join them permanently in the summer

Shame for him a long long absence appears to have scuppered his chances here as he made the bench at the end of the 2017/18 season didn’t he.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d love to see what Hirst can do with a run in the first team. He got a start last week and got an assist for the winner.

I really think he has all the attributes in his locker to be a decent pro, just needs a run of first team football.

Seems to be a lot of revisionism going on here. Our pub team candidates , Amartey, Perez, Choudury  and Hirst are finding supporters. You never know it will be Vestergard and Bertrand next.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Seems to be a lot of revisionism going on here. Our pub team candidates , Amartey, Perez, Choudury  and Hirst are finding supporters. You never know it will be Vestergard and Bertrand next.

What the bloody hell have you been drinking? Non of what you have said makes any sense to me, or appears to be related to my post.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What the bloody hell have you been drinking? Non of what you have said makes any sense to me, or appears to be related to my post.

Too many players are rubbished on here, Hirst more than most. We are a premiership team and don't employ bad players. I agree with your comments on Hirst , he needs a consistent run and maybe a couple of goals will boost his confidence.There is still a chance he could have a successful career . We have no other striker of his physical size and that is something we have lacked side Ulloa left. 

51 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think he means Portsmouth’s first team not ours 

Todays Games - Saturday 20th November

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Cardiff

League One:

George Hirst - starting for Portsmouth vs Wimbledon

Khanya Leshabela - on the bench for Shrewsbury vs Cheltenham

Callum Wright - not in squad (injured) for Cheltenham vs Shrewsbury

Sam Hughes - not in squad (injured) for Burton vs MK Dons

League Two:

Tyrese Shade - starting for Walsall vs Rochdale

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

Todays Results - Saturday 20th November

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (6.0 + yellow card - 90 mins) - Preston 1-2 Cardiff

League One:

George Hirst (6.1 - 53 mins) - Portsmouth 2-1 Wimbledon

Khanya Leshabela (unused sub) - Shrewsbury 1-2 Cheltenham

Callum Wright (not in squad - injured) - Cheltenham 2-1 Shrewsbury

Sam Hughes (not in squad - injured) - Burton 0-1 MK Dons

League Two:

Tyrese Shade (7.0 - 63 mins) - Walsall 0-0 Rochdale

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Games - Tuesday 23d November

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Middlesbrough

League One:

George Hirst - starting for Portsmouth vs Lincoln

Callum Wright - on the bench for Cheltenham vs Gillingham

Khanya Leshabela - on the bench for Shrewsbury vs Sunderland

Sam Hughes - not in squad (injured) for Burton vs Accrington

League Two:

Tyrese Shade - on the bench for Walsall vs Port Vale

Yes you are reading that correctly, Callum Wright is back in a match day squad after just 2 months following an injury originally expected to keep him out for most of the season!!

Hirst gets another start! Come on lad, get another goal contribution!

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Games - Tuesday 23d November

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Middlesbrough

League One:

George Hirst - starting for Portsmouth vs Lincoln

Callum Wright - on the bench for Cheltenham vs Gillingham

Khanya Leshabela - on the bench for Shrewsbury vs Sunderland

Sam Hughes - not in squad (injured) for Burton vs Accrington

League Two:

Tyrese Shade - on the bench for Walsall vs Port Vale

Yes you are reading that correctly, Callum Wright is back in a match day squad after just 2 months following an injury originally expected to keep him out for most of the season!!

Thought he’d done his acl Callum wright?