Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...rarely getting game time, you would think he would be excelling in this division!!!

It really comes down to how the player sees his situation and surroundings that he now finds himself. You either look at this as where your career starts or go through the motions and wait to come back and prove yourself in your own backyard.

It is hard to understand why he us struggling, but he has to realise he is being judged on the loan and the club is getting feedback on his application. For me, he can cut it at Premier League level, but he has to believe that as well.

The manager described his signing as a 'punt' and I've seen some of their fans say he looks like a good player but doesn't suit their style of play. Really poor decision to send him there.

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

The manager described his signing as a 'punt' and I've seen some of their fans say he looks like a good player but doesn't suit their style of play. Really poor decision to send him there.

...it is up to him to decide if he wants to go along with being a "punt" or change the mind of their manager!!1

Whether they are playing long ball or triangles there is no reason why you cannot adopt where you can bring some of your quality where it is needed as opposed to not being suitable to the way they play. I have watched him play for the U23s and unless they are playing at such a high tempo that he physically is unable to maintain his stamina level, he needs to get his head down and change minds.

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes it is.

You like to think we could make some money on him if he's resigns.

Wonder if we have a extension clause in his contract like we did for Knight.

One of the way can improve our income is do follow Chelsea's example and see the Academy is a income stream as well as a way of producing talent for the first team.

I remember a statement to this effect from KP when they took over the club . It was part of their business plan to develop and trade players 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I remember a statement to this effect from KP when they took over the club . It was part of their business plan to develop and trade players 

Same as horseys. Keep the best sell the rest.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Since Chilwell, we have got a few quid for Knight and Ghezzal and that's about it. So the new policy must be keep everybody until their contracts run out.

Patience.

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Result - Monday 10th January

Serie A:

Dennis Praet (7.0 - 79 mins) - Torino 4-0 Fiorentina

Ah, the whole situation with Praet being sent out on loan annoyed me. He was not a spectacular footballer but he would give you a 6/7 every game, he would have been very useful this season.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Ah, the whole situation with Praet being sent out on loan annoyed me. He was not a spectacular footballer but he would give you a 6/7 every game, he would have been very useful this season.

He wouldn’t have wanted to stay here playing the backup role knowing that even if he got a run of games due to injuries that he would be back out the side again soon

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

He wouldn’t have wanted to stay here playing the backup role knowing that even if he got a run of games due to injuries that he would be back out the side again soon

True. In hindsight, Rodgers probably saw KDH as a perfect replacement for Praet which evidently wasn’t a stupid decision as I am sure that nobody would have factored in this number of injuries. Still frustrating mind as Praet would have had very good game time this season.

2 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

To be fair we haven't struggled in center midfield at all this season. Maybe soumare would have been less relied upon but I think you would agree his ceeling ls potentially a lot higher than praet although praet is more consistent currently. 

9 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Ready made free replacement in KDH, opens up an opportunity to move on Praet and bring some money in and reinvest somewhere else.

KDH is also more likely to be happy to be a squad player and on less wages.

No brainer for the club.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

We are probably paying a good percentage of his his wages so let's hope Torino pick him up permanently or back he comes.

Exactly this. 

By all accounts, he hasn’t exactly set the world alight with them. 

He’s clearly a talented player, however if we could get £15m for him and retain Youri, that would be a bonus in my eyes. KDH offers more in eyes within the currently tactical setup, albeit he’s not as good technically at Praet.

On 10/01/2022 at 16:02, An Sionnach said:

Since Chilwell, we have got a few quid for Knight and Ghezzal and that's about it. So the new policy must be keep everybody until their contracts run out.

Don't forget some decent money in from selling Sowah.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He really has got it in for us... 

For whatever reason, everyone seems to have a complete hard on for us at the moment. It won’t matter what the club do, Twitter will be hounding us for the next few weeks. Eventually someone somewhere else will also misstep slightly and the muppets will be after them like they’ve just committed mass murder. 

Anyway best of luck to Jake, hope he kicks on and fulfils some of that potential that was seen last season.

• Like 1