Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

48 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Don't forget some decent money in from selling Sowah.

...I  cannot believe we received £7m for Sowah to Club Brugge!!!

He doesn't seem to be getting much game time and we seemed to have made a great deal there.

He had gone off the boil at OHL came back in pre-season and did not look too impressive when given game time. 

We have been linked with Deketelaere in the same division for €30+ Euros, a big fee considering their league.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  cannot believe we received £7m for Sowah to Club Brugge!!!

He doesn't seem to be getting much game time and we seemed to have made a great deal there.

He had gone off the boil at OHL came back in pre-season and did not look too impressive when given game time. 

We have been linked with Deketelaere in the same division for €30+ Euros, a big fee considering their league.

He was starting earlier in the season. He impressed agaisnt psg I think, strange that he's dropped off.  Although not that strange as the OHL fans said he has a huge drop in form every season. 

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He was starting earlier in the season. He impressed agaisnt psg I think, strange that he's dropped off.  Although not that strange as the OHL fans said he has a huge drop in form every season. 

...he was doing very well at OHL and was a big part of their forward play!!!

He looked like when he came back to us he would be coming in with bags of talent and confidence.

OHL were playing a game where they attempted to "play in" runners from the half way line, requiring pin point accuracy and timing for that tactic to work.  It wasn't successful and It did not suit the way he wants to play, and game by game he became ineffective.

I have watched the last occasion OHL competed against Club Brugge and he did not start, which I thought was strange as they had shelled out a lot of money to bring him in. It seems what ever problems he is having is holding him back.

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Games - Saturday 15th January

Serie A:

Dennis Praet - starting for Torino vs Sampdoria

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Birmingham

League One:

Sam Hughes - starting for Burton vs Gillingham - his 1st senior game since his injury back in December 2020

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Charlton

George Hirst - starting for Portsmouth vs MK Dons

Khanya Leshabela - not in the squad for Shrewsbury vs Crewe

League Two:

Jake Wakeling - starting for Barrow vs Colchester

Tyrese Shade - starting for Walsall vs Mansfield

7 from 8 starting is good going obviously not for Leshabela

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Results - Saturday 15th January

Serie A:

Dennis Praet (7.4 + 1 goal - 90 mins) - Torino 2-1 Sampdoria

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (6.1 - 90 mins) - Preston 1-1 Birmingham

League One:

Sam Hughes (6.8 - 90 mins) - Burton 3-1 Gillingham

Callum Wright (6.8 + yellow card - 90 mins) - Cheltenham 1-1 Charlton

George Hirst (7.1 + 1 goal + yellow card - 73 mins) - Portsmouth 1-2 MK Dons

Khanya Leshabela (not in squad) - Shrewsbury 0-0 Crewe

League Two:

Jake Wakeling (6.7 - 63 mins) - Barrow 2-0 Colchester

Tyrese Shade (6.2 - 68 mins) - Walsall 0-2 Mansfield

Great to see sam hughes play 90 mins!! Hopefully has a good second half of the season and gets a contract somewhere. Injuries haven’t been kind to him as thought he looked good playing for the u23 3/4 seasons ago and had chance of breaking through. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Great to see sam hughes play 90 mins!! Hopefully has a good second half of the season and gets a contract somewhere. Injuries haven’t been kind to him as thought he looked good playing for the u23 3/4 seasons ago and had chance of breaking through. 

I think he will end up staying at Burton, they were willing to take him on loan again even though he was injured and going to be out for another 6 months

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Anyone know how Wakeling did? Twitter feed seems to indicate he had a couple of chances.

Yeah on twitter it sounds like he glanced a couple of headers just wide, but a good debut from little service

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

He could be a big part of the post-Youri solution if we had a different manager.

Of course.  But...

We have a manager who won the FA Cup and helped us to top 5 finishes.  

Praet is an able player but it is not his position that has been problematic this season. 

Hopefully,  we keep the same manager (a reflection that we are doing well) who can decide whether recalling Praet is beneficial.   We all know we know a better second  ten nineteenths of the league season  is needed.  If we can get to 60 points, I would say that we would have had an ok league season.

• Like 4