Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

Just now, moore_94 said:

I think he is going to struggle to get a game at left wing back - where he has made his only appearance so far

Cadden who plays there for FGR is having a really good season - 6 goals and 10 assists

His best bet would be in the 10 role but looks like they already have quite a few players for that position as well

I kind of get the feeling it may not have been a good move for him, always going to be a struggle to go in and get games for a team top of the league

He's not a wing back at all, we shoehorned him in there in the U23's as Petty and the club seem to have a weird obsession with 3 at the back but without the players to play it.

I'd read that their ACM's have been pretty mediocre this season for a team top of the league and that was what they'd hoped they'd signed McAteer to solve.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He's not a wing back at all, we shoehorned him in there in the U23's as Petty and the club seem to have a weird obsession with 3 at the back but without the players to play it.

I'd read that their ACM's have been pretty mediocre this season for a team top of the league and that was what they'd hoped they'd signed McAteer to solve.

Hopefully FGR aren't going to just use him as the LWB cover and will actually look to use him as a 10 then

I don't quite like that when they signed him they described him as flexible, makes me think they brought him in to just be a utility man if they need him

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

FGR have had some really tight games against difficult teams since he joined. I am sure they will take the opportunity to rotate in the coming weeks, or at least use him more regularly as a sub. 

....watching him in the U23s, he was effectively a midfielder who attacked space if it was there and caused teams problems!!!

He is very much on the front foot, not particularly skilful but can beat a man and transition the play, He is very much an opportunist and it will be difficult to place him within a team in what he does.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

well we are loaning players out to teams that do not play them, that IS a bad job

9 players whose teams played that are out on loan today 5 started 2 are injured so that’s 2 left that didn’t play one not in the squad but he  started their last match one an unused sub that’s already made a subs appearance . Add to that VDC  who stared two matches but picked  up a red card  I’d say that’s  not a bad ratio of players getting games or minutes 

Edited by baldeagle

People were complaining they weren’t getting loans. Now they’re getting poor loans.

Not all clubs will want to train our u23s. Didn’t one champ club want to buy Leshabela but we refused then his next loan at Shrewsbury, a league lower I think, was less than fruitful and probably hindered his development?

Even West Brom, who benefitted massively from Barnes goals and assists, were up shit creek when we recalled him in January—not retaining Barnes was one of the reasons they gave for sacking their manager.

With our training centre and academy staff it may well be better for some to stay at Seagrave but there’s obviously only so many players we can keep and play in the u23s especially as the u23s is full of 17 and 18 year olds now.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

George may get a permanent move to Portsmouth and we will get about £1 million if we are very lucky.

He seems good enough for the championship. And it doesn’t look like Pompey are going up. Another loan perhaps?

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He seems good enough for the championship. And it doesn’t look like Pompey are going up. Another loan perhaps?

He’s still rebuilding himself. He hasn’t been great anywhere but Postmouth for the past 3 years. 

Todays Results - Saturday 19th February

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (7.0 - 90 mins) - Preston 2-3 Reading

League One:

Callum Wright (6.6 + 1 assist - 90 mins) - Cheltenham 5-5 Wycombe

George Hirst - Portsmouth vs Crewe - GAME POSTPONED

League Two:

Tyrese Shade (7.6 - 90 mins) - Walsall 1-0 Forest Green Rovers

Kasey McAteer (6.1 - 11 mins) - Forest Green Rovers 0-1 Walsall

Josh Eppiah (not in squad - injured) - Northampton 3-0 Colchester

Jake Wakeling - Barrow vs Exeter - GAME POSTPONED

• Like 1