Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

Wright had a big hand in all 3 of the goals today. The lower leagues do make me laugh though, not wanting to be a snob but the football is absolute attritional warfare. Watched the Cheltenham highlights and Cov highlights and the goal line scrambles are astonishing hahahaa.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Wright had a big hand in all 3 of the goals today. The lower leagues do make me laugh though, not wanting to be a snob but the football is absolute attritional warfare. Watched the Cheltenham highlights and Cov highlights and the goal line scrambles are astonishing hahahaa.

I was in the stands for our home game against Randers...those goals were a bit scramble-ish.

• Like 1

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/march/reaction-wright-on-morecambe/ - interview video.

Callum Wright feels Saturday's hard fought victory at Morecambe represented a significant step in the right direction in Cheltenham Town's quest to secure League One football for a second consecutive season.

He was on target with the Robins' second goal shortly after half time as Cheltenham netted three times at the Mazuma Stadium to seal all three points.

"The gaffer always says it's not easy to get three points and we've come to a tough place today and the league table speaks for itself," he said.

"Hopefully we can keep pushing on now and try and create more history.

"I think he (the manager) is pleased with all of the lads. It's a tough place to come and they're a tough side.

"It's good to get back on the scoresheet but at the end of the day the win was massive."

Watch the full interview with Wright above on iFollow and on the EFL iFollow app.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Game - Sunday 13th March

Scottish Prem:

Vontae Daley-Campbell - on the bench for Dundee vs Rangers

...you start to believe that is the best place for him!!!

What we are seeing is not the player we have seen play for us, maybe pressure or just not used to the intensity of games but he is gaining a reputation that he really does not deserve.

Last Nights Results - Tuesday 15th March

League One:

George Hirst (6.2 - 90 mins) - Portsmouth 0-1 Plymouth

League Two:

Tyrese Shade (6.1 - 90 mins) - Walsall 2-1 Oldham

Kasey McAteer (unused sub) - Forest Green Rovers 1-1 Leyton Orient

Jake Wakeling (unused sub) - Barrow 1-0 Scunthorpe

Josh Eppiah (not in squad - injured) - Northampton 2-1 Stevenage

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

These January loans haven't gone very well yet have they. I don't know what more the club can do but if this is an indication of some of their ability then there's absolutely no point us keeping them. How on earth McAteer isn't playing at League Two level is just bizarre.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These January loans haven't gone very well yet have they. I don't know what more the club can do but if this is an indication of some of their ability then there's absolutely no point us keeping them. How on earth McAteer isn't playing at League Two level is just bizarre.

Wakeling being kept out of the starting line up by Josh Gordon isn't a good sign.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The club needs to build some relationships at this level (which I think they are slowly doing), and know when a L2 club is just looking for "only use in case of emergency" loan. Because McAteer and Wakeling are both at the level to be playing for these teams, and the managers aren't playing them because they are loanees.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Game - Wednesday 16th March

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Luton

Losing 3 nil at half time. Rate at 4.8 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

McAteer would have gotten more game time with us, we need to be more picky about midseason loans next year

Although Wakeling wouldn't have been getting a sniff at the first team, his loan is a write-off, too. Both McAteer and Wakeling are too good to be sitting on a bench in League 2. I'd rather they play in Scotland than this. Hopefully, both Forest Green and Barrow won't be doing loan business with us in the future.

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Although Wakeling wouldn't have been getting a sniff at the first team, his loan is a write-off, too. Both McAteer and Wakeling are too good to be sitting on a bench in League 2. I'd rather they play in Scotland than this. Hopefully, both Forest Green and Barrow won't be doing loan business with us in the future.

Wakeling started off quite well for them I thought then just got dropped