Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Super Cal pops up with a 90th minute goal to bring Cheltenham back from the dead and help grab a 4-4 draw

Seems to be killing it in League One. I guess the next step is the Championship for him. I wonder if he'll get a chance here or if he could be one we offload for a decent wedge.

• Like 1

Todays Results - Saturday 26th March

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (8.5 + MOTM - 90 mins) - Preston 0-1 Derby

League One:

Callum Wright (6.7 + 1 goal - 90 mins) - Cheltenham 4-4 Accrington

League Two:

Tyrese Shade (5.7 - 90 mins) - Walsall 0-2 Leyton Orient

Kasey McAteer (6.4 - 17 mins) - Forest Green Rovers 1-0 Scunthorpe

Josh Eppiah (6.3 - 30 mins) - Northampton 0-1 Mansfield

Jake Wakeling (not in squad) - Barrow 1-2 Port Vale

Scottish Prem:

Vontae Daley-Campbell (unused sub) - Dundee 2-2 Aberdeen

• Like 2

Todays Games - Tuesday 5th April

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Blackpool - being shown on Sky Sports

League One:

George Hirst - starting for Portsmouth vs Bolton

League Two:

Kasey McAteer - on the bench for Forest Green Rovers vs Mansfield

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Games - Tuesday 5th April

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Blackpool - being shown on Sky Sports

League One:

George Hirst - starting for Portsmouth vs Bolton

League Two:

Kasey McAteer - on the bench for Forest Green Rovers vs Mansfield

I honestly think Jason McAteer would get more game time at Forest Green Rovers aged 50 odd than Kasey.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Really hope McAteer lack of playing time isn’t down to lack of effort and application in training! 

we need to find him a good move next season or his development will stall! 

FGR are going through a tricky time with their form at the moment, which feels a bit like history repeating itself seeing they threw away promotion opportunities the past two seasons. It looks like they are finding their way again, so hopefully he will start to get more opportunity. I can understand why the manager would want to stick to the tried and tested through this rocky spell. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Really hope McAteer lack of playing time isn’t down to lack of effort and application in training! 

...you just never know with loans!!!

A young player goes to a lower league club to progress his career and the manager of the team seems to want him to play in a certain position and a different way to how he would normally play. Straight away you are "behind the black ball", because of the adjustments he will now have to make and having to play catchup with the already bonded players at the club.

Leshabela came back and looked demoralised in his outward appearance and also on the pitch. Before he went he was very prominent in the U23s and was the driving force in the midfield. He still seems lost on the pitch and this maybe due, in some part, to not playing in his usual position, but he now has little influence on the pitch and in our play.

You do wonder if the players who come through to play in the premier League would have done so irrespective of getting loans. Barnes, KDH, Chilwell, Hamza have made it (Hamza to a lesser extent) to the Premier, is it a case of them taking their opportunities, or were they always going to get there, irrespective of which road they took.

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You do wonder if the players who come through to play in the premier League would have done so irrespective of getting loans. Barnes, KDH, Chilwell, Hamza have made it (Hamza to a lesser extent) to the Premier, is it a case of them taking their opportunities, or were they always going to get there, irrespective of which road they took.

Harvey Elliott was loaned last year when he had already shown his outstanding ability. All he did was show he was a different class to those around him. Then he gets a very bad injury. I just don't know why it helps players like him. KDH could have been in our squad at least a year earlier but that would have meant leaving out a highly paid individual and you can' t do that can you.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Harvey Elliott was loaned last year when he had already shown his outstanding ability. All he did was show he was a different class to those around him. Then he gets a very bad injury. I just don't know why it helps players like him. KDH could have been in our squad at least a year earlier but that would have meant leaving out a highly paid individual and you can' t do that can you.

....the strange thing that KDH in the U23s was not someone you would have noticed!!!

He always had the "well respected" tag from the staff and the belief that his skillset was good to a degree, but he did not shine, he just did his job, with his awareness and ability to accurately engineer a good pass with his left foot and an ability to read the game, but no more.

He is totally another player now, mostly in his attitude on the pitch and the energy that he brings and the willingness to make himself heard on the pitch. Someone you might think had a word in his ear, because this kind of turn around only happens at certain moments in a persons life, but whatever or whoever it was, they have changed his life forever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Elliott had barely played for Liverpool bar the odd cup appearance I dont think? and then his excellent season on loan launched him straight in to Liverpool's first team this season where he got injured.

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Maybe you should tell KDH it didn't help him, quotes form KDH on his loans spells;

I don’t think I would be doing what I am today if it wasn’t for those loan spells,"

“I learned so much, and if you don’t learn, then you are doing something wrong,”

“For me, those loan spells were perfect,"

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Elliott had barely played for Liverpool bar the odd cup appearance I dont think? and then his excellent season on loan launched him straight in to Liverpool's first team this season where he got injured.

Elliott played for Fulham when he was 15 , maybe Klopp thought it would toughen him up but that was not such a good idea.

Todays Result - Wednesday 6th April

Scottish Championship:

Jakub Stolarczyk (90 mins) - Dunfermline 2-0 Raith Rovers

Big win for Dunfermline in their fight against relegation (10th goes straight down, 9th goes into relegation play off)

image.png.2e1ec9b5576e1403c27a2e50171fc19a.png

• Like 3

Todays Games - Saturday 9th April

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs QPR

League One:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Portsmouth

George Hirst - on the bench for Portsmouth vs Cheltenham

League Two:

Josh Eppiah - starting for Northampton vs Bradford

Kasey McAteer - on the bench for Forest Green Rovers vs Hartlepool

Tyrese Shade - not in the squad for Walsall vs Rochdale

Jake Wakeling - not in the squad for Barrow vs Crawley

Scottish Prem:

Vontae Daley-Campbell - on the bench for Dundee vs Dundee Utd

Scottish Championship:

Jakub Stolarczyk - starting for Dunfermline vs Kilmarnock

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 06/04/2022 at 11:38, Lesta2014 said:

Why would you think he might not be trying?

On 06/04/2022 at 13:12, An Sionnach said:

That’s right. The cream rises to the top. Why put off the inevitable. Competition for places is always a good thing too and a youngster coming through is good news for everyone.