Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

59 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Wright scores again for Cheltenham!

He's clearly very settled at Cheltenham but Championship must be the next step for him next season. Unless a newly promoted Premier League side wants to take a punt on him based on his performances and our academy's improving reputation.

• Like 1

Todays Results - Friday 15th April

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (7.3 - 90 mins) - Preston 1-1 Millwall

League One:

Callum Wright (7.6 + 1 goal - 90 mins) - Cheltenham 2-2 Gillingham

George Hirst (7.1 + 1 goal - 90 mins) - Portsmouth 3-2 Lincoln

League Two:

Josh Eppiah (7.3 + 1 assist - 85 mins) - Northampton 2-0 Oldham

Tyrese Shade (7.2 - 90 mins) - Walsall 1-0 Carlisle

Kasey McAteer (unused sub) - Forest Green Rovers 0-4 Barrow

Jake Wakeling (not in squad) - Barrow 4-0 Forest Green Rovers

• Thanks 3

On 13/04/2022 at 11:34, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Even if he was "written off" after lackluster spells at OHL -- I know, not a loan, but still, kinda like a loan -- and Rotherham, I think that assessment would be re-evaluated after his time at Pompey.

But Rodgers said he thought that KDH went on loan too late, and that he should have gone at a younger age, and been integrated into the first team squad earlier. You look at what Wright and Hirst are achieving right now, and then look at their ages and contract situations... it all seems about two years delayed.

Rodgers came in and obviously didn't like the Academy setup. He wants younger players in the u23s and fewer placeholders (all those castoffs we were signing to fill slots, instead of promoting from the U18s).

Hirst and Wright are sort of victims of that transition -- they are performing well at League 1 level, but are now at the age they need to kick on with their careers, and it would be unfair for them to be kept on contract as "ones for the future" when they are in their mid-20s.

I also think KDH was in the same boat, but he showed up at preseason with a point to prove and proved it, earning a spot on the squad. I think both Hirst and Wright should be evaluated in the pre-season; if they aren't good enough to earn a spot in our squad, they should be sold.

I largely agree with what you have to say here, however I would caveat that KDH had a great season for Luton in the Championship. So he was in a strong position to come back and prove a point having played at a really good level.

Hirst and Wright are probably going to struggle more with a step-up in quality. Part of me thinks sell Hirst if Portsmouth can fork out a good fee for him. With Wright, I'm inclined to take up the extension, loan him to a middling Championship club where he will get games (financial clauses if he doesn't play) and re-assess in January.

• Like 1

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/preston-north-end-player-ratings-23703145

Daniel Iversen - 9

Little to do in the first-half and nothing he could do about the Millwall goal. Dealt with the aerial bombardment and made an outstanding triple save in the second half, that left you pretty much speechless. Sublime shot-stopping, that ended up earning PNE a point.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Incognito said:

I largely agree with what you have to say here, however I would caveat that KDH had a great season for Luton in the Championship. So he was in a strong position to come back and prove a point having played at a really good level.

Hirst and Wright are probably going to struggle more with a step-up in quality. Part of me thinks sell Hirst if Portsmouth can fork out a good fee for him. With Wright, I'm inclined to take up the extension, loan him to a middling Championship club where he will get games (financial clauses if he doesn't play) and re-assess in January.

I would agree in principle, but we aren't going to get anything for him in January, while we would get a fee this summer. It might be worth a gamble, but it also depends on our recruitment. We aren't particularly stacked in that position.

26 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

If he’s to go out on loan for another season I’d like to hope it’d be in a top league. But wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our rotational back up keeper next season.

Preston fans saying Iversen is weak at distribution and coming for crosses. Not surprising given he's been training with Kasper throughout his entire development. Would be much better in the long run if we could get him somewhere for a year or two with a good goalkeeping coach who could help with those areas.

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

Preston fans saying Iversen is weak at distribution and coming for crosses. Not surprising given he's been training with Kasper throughout his entire development. Would be much better in the long run if we could get him somewhere for a year or two with a good goalkeeping coach who could help with those areas.

I doubt he's trained that much with Kasper, he's been out on loan now for the best part of 3 years. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I would agree in principle, but we aren't going to get anything for him in January, while we would get a fee this summer. It might be worth a gamble, but it also depends on our recruitment. We aren't particularly stacked in that position.

I know what you are saying. I don't think we would be getting a good fee anyway, afterall he has only been doing it at League 1 level thus far.

He's a gamble worth taking imo.

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Some people are desperate to find negatives......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

If he’s to go out on loan for another season I’d like to hope it’d be in a top league. But wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our rotational back up keeper next season.

....not sure how that would help him, how many games has Ward played!!!

He is playing week in week out, working on his concentration level and dealing with pressure and organising a defence. what is he going to gain by coming back to us and being number #2.