Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not sure how that would help him, how many games has Ward played!!!

He is playing week in week out, working on his concentration level and dealing with pressure and organising a defence. what is he going to gain by coming back to us and being number #2.

The problem is if we don't start giving first team football we will probably lose him. Or do you think he will want to continuously go on loan for the next 2-3 seasons 

Edited by Attywolf

16 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

The problem is if we don't start giving first team football we will probably lose him. Or do you think he will want to continually go on loan for the next 2-3 seasons 

....Danny Ward played 4 games this season in cup matches!!!

A whole season warming the bench, surely you want more for the people playing for us. Iverson did well at OHL and has excelled at his present club (loan), he may wish to come back here for more money and hope to eventual take up the baton, but that would be a waste of his talents.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

He wants to be a number 1 somewhere. 

He's not going to come back to be a number 2.

He will either be sold it go  back on loan it looks like. 

Can't blame him hrs young and wants to be playing. 

Spot on. I personally would prefer him to be loaned out; but expect him to be sold... unless Kasper wants a new challenge.

Todays Games - Monday 18th April

League One:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Lincoln

George Hirst - starting for Portsmouth vs Morecambe

League Two:

Josh Eppiah - starting for Northampton vs Harrogate

Tyrese Shade - on the bench for Walsall vs Crawley

Kasey McAteer - on the bench for Forest Green Rovers vs Oldham

Jake Wakeling - not in the squad for Barrow vs Salford

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Results - Monday 18th April

League One:

Callum Wright (6.5 - 90 mins) - Cheltenham 0-3 Lincoln

George Hirst (6.9 - 90 mins) - Portsmouth 1-1 Morecambe

League Two:

Josh Eppiah (6.9 - 77 mins) - Northampton 3-0 Harrogate

Tyrese Shade (6.4 - 29 mins) - Walsall 0-1 Crawley

Kasey McAteer (unused sub) - Forest Green Rovers 2-0 Oldham

Jake Wakeling (not in squad) - Barrow 2-2 Salford

Love these by the way! 

Kasey got more game time at Leicester :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Love these by the way! 

Kasey got more game time at Leicester :(

Yeah the loans for McAteer and Wakeling are not looking too good

Just 1 start and 5 sub appearances for McAteer

Wakeling has had 2 starts and 2 sub appearances and now hasn't been in a match day squad for the last 5 games, not seen anything about an injury either

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Wakeling has had 2 starts and 2 sub appearances and now hasn't been in a match day squad for the last 5 games, not seen anything about an injury either

And there was space on the bench today!

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

We have had a few loans that haven't worked out over the last few season which probably explains why Branston was moved on.  

Edited by coolhandfox

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Iverson to come back and be our cup keeper in Europe and domestic next season and if he looks the part then he can take over from Kasper the season after. It makes so much sense.

Sounds like he doesn't want to come back on just be a cup keeper, he wants to be somewhere playing every week

Best bet for him getting that here is another season out on loan and then throwing his hat into the ring if Kasper does leave when his contract ends

Hopefully we would be able to get him at one of the promoted teams - Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Luton

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like he doesn't want to come back on just be a cup keeper, he wants to be somewhere playing every week

Best bet for him getting that here is another season out on loan and then throwing his hat into the ring if Kasper does leave when his contract ends

Hopefully we would be able to get him at one of the promoted teams - Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Luton

If its championship loan then hes absolutely better of spending a season training with his future team mates and getting valuable experience with them. You can obviously stick him in for league games.

If we can get him a Prem loan then fantastic, if not then it'll surely be best for both parties for him to be in and around our first team

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Iverson to come back and be our cup keeper in Europe and domestic next season and if he looks the part then he can take over from Kasper the season after. It makes so much sense.

Apart from the assumption we'll be playing I Europe!

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If its championship loan then hes absolutely better of spending a season training with his future team mates and getting valuable experience with them. You can obviously stick him in for league games.

If we can get him a Prem loan then fantastic, if not then it'll surely be best for both parties for him to be in and around our first team

Is it?

Surely as a keeper, the best thing you can get is game time rather than training experience?

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Is it?

Surely as a keeper, the best thing you can get is game time rather than training experience?

Id say so, if we can offer 15-20 starts and he gets a head start on working with his future team mates. Seems like it'd beat another season in the championship

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Id say so, if we can offer 15-20 starts and he gets a head start on working with his future team mates. Seems like it'd beat another season in the championship

I don't think we would be able to offer that many starts whilst Kasper is still here

Even with European football Danny Ward has only started 18 games in 4 seasons

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't think we would be able to offer that many starts whilst Kasper is still here

Even with European football Danny Ward has only started 18 games in 4 seasons

This is me assuming we'd make him assurances that he has a pathway to first choice as long as he performs to expectations. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking we could maybe do something that involves planning the the medium term haha

Just now, filbertway said:

This is me assuming we'd make him assurances that he has a pathway to first choice as long as he performs to expectations. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking we could maybe do something that involves planning the the medium term haha

I would like to think we would but I just think until Kasper leaves no one else is really going to get a chance for more than an odd appearance unfortunately

2023 could be very interesting if that is when he goes, the first time in over 10 years where a decision has to be made about who is number 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would like to think we would but I just think until Kasper leaves no one else is really going to get a chance for more than an odd appearance unfortunately

2023 could be very interesting if that is when he goes, the first time in over 10 years where a decision has to be made about who is number 1

With his contract up this is why it makes sense for him to be an understudy for a year, especially if Kasper does us a favour and lets us know. Learn all you can from Kasper, pick up some stuff, get first team experience and then be ready to take over the position in 23/24. 

Just seems astoundingly obvious to me, if we truely believe he's going to be good enough.