Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Only legal implication would be if we included the recall clause, we would have every right to recall him if we wanted to

But the release clauses usually stipulate players returning due to injury numbers. 

It's how you would word it legally and even then I really think we'd lose credibility. If we send players with a bland open ended release clause, bought the player back and forwarded him on, then how would that original club look at us when said player has been making the difference for that club whether by promotion or avoiding relegation.  

We need a good network of clubs which we work with to loan players out too. I think this would be a bad idea as well as the players as he's effectively being thrown into a new squad, formation, personnel, location and all of this without any bedding in time due to the hectic nature of January football.

26 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

But the release clauses usually stipulate players returning due to injury numbers. 

It's how you would word it legally and even then I really think we'd lose credibility. If we send players with a bland open ended release clause, bought the player back and forwarded him on, then how would that original club look at us when said player has been making the difference for that club whether by promotion or avoiding relegation.  

We need a good network of clubs which we work with to loan players out too. I think this would be a bad idea as well as the players as he's effectively being thrown into a new squad, formation, personnel, location and all of this without any bedding in time due to the hectic nature of January football.

Not really, we recalled Harvey Barnes from West Brom because the club wanted to, due to how well he was playing

Specifically recalling a loan player due to injury numbers can only apply to goalkeepers - this is also the only time a player can be recalled outside of the winter transfer window

If the club felt Wright was performing that well and that he was probably above League One level, and they could line up a good Championship loan for him, I wouldn't have an issue with them doing it

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Not really, we recalled Harvey Barnes from West Brom because the club wanted to, due to how well he was playing

Specifically recalling a loan player due to injury numbers can only apply to goalkeepers - this is also the only time a player can be recalled outside of the winter transfer window

If the club felt Wright was performing that well and that he was probably above League One level, and they could line up a good Championship loan for him, I wouldn't have an issue with them doing it

I would only agree with that insofar as the loaning club did did not suffer as a consequence.

Todays Games - Saturday 21st August

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Peterborough

League One:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Fleetwood

George Hirst - on the bench for Portsmouth vs Doncaster

Khanya Leshabela - on the bench for Shrewsbury vs Plymouth

League Two:

Tyrese Shade - not in the squad for Walsall vs Hartlepool United - out with injury

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I would only agree with that insofar as the loaning club did did not suffer as a consequence.

let them pick anyone they wanted from the u23s or 18's to replace him and don't charge them a fee or pay his wages and I'm sure they'd get over losing Wright

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite surprising that Rodgers hasn't ever had him training with the first team, seems to be the next one to go on loan and keep steeping up each level.

I always had reservations about him in the development squad as being too lightweight and getting bullied too ofter. What I did like about him was that when he found space (one particular home game against arsenal I watched) he can do a lot of damage against opponents I.e. make direct runs with great cutting through balls or he had the ability to shift attack to which side he went with, and it usually paid off.

15 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I always had reservations about him in the development squad as being too lightweight and getting bullied too ofter. What I did like about him was that when he found space (one particular home game against arsenal I watched) he can do a lot of damage against opponents I.e. make direct runs with great cutting through balls or he had the ability to shift attack to which side he went with, and it usually paid off.

I always thought KDH was mediocre in the U23's, certainly thr longer he was subjected to having to play at that level. Loans do work.

• Like 1

Todays Results - Saturday 21st August

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (6.9 + clean sheet - 90 mins) - Preston 1-0 Peterborough

League One:

Callum Wright (6.6 + 1 goal + 1 yellow card - 90 mins) - Cheltenham 2-3 Fleetwood

George Hirst (6.2 - 16 mins) - Portsmouth 0-0 Doncaster

Khanya Leshabela (6.1 - 19 mins) - Shrewsbury 0-3 Plymouth

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I always thought KDH was mediocre in the U23's, certainly thr longer he was subjected to having to play at that level. Loans do work.

KDH definitely was. He was a static player in midfield in the U23's and couldn't convey his talents as he had no consistent players around him or in attack. Beaglehole insisted on making formational and player changes constantly. The back line and CM were OK but the wingers and strikers he constantly changed.

• Like 2

Tonights Games - Tuesday 24th August

Carabao Cup 2nd Round:

Khanya Leshabela - starting for Shrewsbury vs Rochdale - 4 changes

Callum Wright - on the bench for Cheltenham vs Gillingham - 7 changes

Daniel Iversen - on the bench for Preston vs Morecambe - 5 changes

Edited by moore_94

Tonights Results - Tuesday 24th August

Carabao Cup 2nd Round:

Khanya Leshabela (5.9 - 90 mins) - Shrewsbury 0-2 Rochdale

Callum Wright (6.9 - 30 mins) - Cheltenham 0-0 Gillingham - Cheltenham win 5-4 on penalties, Wright scored his penalty

Daniel Iversen (0 mins) - Preston 4-2 Morecambe

• Like 2

13 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Tonights Results - Tuesday 24th August

Carabao Cup 2nd Round:

Khanya Leshabela (5.9 - 90 mins) - Shrewsbury 0-2 Rochdale

Callum Wright (6.9 - 30 mins) - Cheltenham 0-0 Gillingham - Cheltenham win 5-4 on penalties, Wright scored his penalty

Daniel Iversen (0 mins) - Preston 4-2 Morecambe

From what I’ve read it’s all a bit grim at Shrewsbury at the moment