Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Its make up your mind time for Rodgers ,these two will be 23 this year. No more loans , if they will not make the squad then let them move on. They deserve the chance of a proper career.

Why no more loans? What difference does it make?

Why not whilst they are contracted to us, see how they develop playing regular first team football?

For what it’s worth, I imagine Hirst will get a permanent move to the Championship next season and I don’t think he will make the level we are currently at.

But, Wright another loan, hopefully to the Championship will give him more time to develop, similar to KDH.

56 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Championship loan next season? 16 goal involvements in 40 ish appearances at CM is impressive, even if it was in League One

Especially in a mid table team. 37 games to get that return with an injury that would have taken time to get back up to speed is impressive. Scores all sorts of goals too. Something about the lad makes me think we take a punt with him, whether that be a loan for all or part of next season, or having him on the fringes. He'll need a bit of luck but his attitude will give him a chance of making it.

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

Might also just be finished physically for the season perhaps. I know it’s finished earlier than ours, but would be daft having played a full season, to then be put into full training.

Normally we manage players quite well with injuries and workloads.

Usually when Football League players finish, they go back to spend time training with the home team. Gives the manager a chance to look at them.

When we say Wright and Hirst aren't registered, so can't play for us, how exactly does that work? Is there a 'B' list for U23s, similar to Europe? I assumed U21s were exempt from the PL squad list, so they could be parachuted in at any time. Didn't think they had to be registered.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

When we say Wright and Hirst aren't registered, so can't play for us, how exactly does that work? Is there a 'B' list for U23s, similar to Europe? I assumed U21s were exempt from the PL squad list, so they could be parachuted in at any time. Didn't think they had to be registered.

I do believe U21s are exempt from PL squad registration, though I don't think that would help 21 year old Wright or 23 year old Hirst any.

Though to be frank, even if Wright could feature for us somehow before the season end, do I think Rodgers would at any point willingly choose to rotate one of Tielemans and KDH in the middle?

11 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

I do believe U21s are exempt from PL squad registration, though I don't think that would help 21 year old Wright or 23 year old Hirst any.

Though to be frank, even if Wright could feature for us somehow before the season end, do I think Rodgers would at any point willingly choose to rotate one of Tielemans and KDH in the middle?

They won't play, but they will train (filling in like u23s do). Both Hirst/Wright and Rodgers would rather he see them now -- at peak performance -- to assess their levels, than right after they get off the plane from a month partying in Aruba.

12 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

Wright is on our list of under 21 players, so he is allowed to play for us

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2470630

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is he allowed to play in Europe? How many players have played and scored away at Roma and Morcambe in the same season.

Just found this quote

*Registered to List B. Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00CET on the day before the match in question.

On an article about the knockout stages

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/news/0272-1463be1ee332-36cdce33e454-1000--europa-conference-league-squad-changes-confirmed/

What is List B?

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 2000 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA – or for a total of three consecutive years with a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not longer than one year. Players aged 16 may be submitted if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years without interruption.

Clubs are entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season, but the list needs to be submitted no later than 24:00 CET the day before a match.

So it sounds like he is eligible (joined in 2018 according to Wiki), as long as we've notified UEFA at least the day before the game. So we could use him in the squad for the semi second leg or the final by the sounds of it.

56 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Just found this quote

On an article about the knockout stages

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/news/0272-1463be1ee332-36cdce33e454-1000--europa-conference-league-squad-changes-confirmed/

So it sounds like he is eligible (joined in 2018 according to Wiki), as long as we've notified UEFA at least the day before the game. So we could use him in the squad for the semi second leg or the final by the sounds of it.

But aren't they both registered with their loan clubs until the end of the season, which is technically the 30th June?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incognito said:

But aren't they both registered with their loan clubs until the end of the season, which is technically the 30th June?

if we were smart we would have put the day after their last league game as the dates

On 30/04/2022 at 16:34, dmayne7 said:

Especially in a mid table team. 37 games to get that return with an injury that would have taken time to get back up to speed is impressive. Scores all sorts of goals too. Something about the lad makes me think we take a punt with him, whether that be a loan for all or part of next season, or having him on the fringes. He'll need a bit of luck but his attitude will give him a chance of making it.

i get andy king vibes massively from him. I think he’s going to be a great player but i’m not sure if he can reach the level we are aiming for now though.  but who knows 

On 01/05/2022 at 14:54, Incognito said:

Correct, we've had this before with Barnes in 2016/17 when Shakespeare wanted to play him after MK Don's season had finished and we had very few midfielders available but we couldn't. He did play for the U23's though before the season has ended so it must be to do with the registration to play in the league and cups.

We had many demands for KDH to be in last May too after Luton's season had ended.

• Like 1

Todays Games - Saturday 7th May

League Two:

Tyrese Shade - starting for Walsall vs Swindon

Josh Eppiah - starting for Northampton vs Barrow

Jake Wakeling - not in the squad for Barrow vs Northampton

Kasey McAteer - not in the squad for Forest Green Rovers vs Mansfield

Serie A:

Dennis Praet - starting for Torino vs Napoli

Scottish Prem:

Vontae Daley-Campbell - on the bench for Dundee vs St. Mirren

Scottish Championship Relegation Playoff 2nd Leg:

Jakub Stolarczyk - starting for Dunfermline vs Queen’s Park (0-0)

Edited by moore_94

Todays Results - Saturday 7th May

League Two:

Tyrese Shade (6.2 - 90 mins) - Walsall 0-3 Swindon

Josh Eppiah (6.9 + 1 assist - 62 mins) - Northampton 3-1 Barrow

Jake Wakeling (not in squad) - Barrow 1-3 Northampton

Kasey McAteer (not in squad) - Forest Green Rovers 2-2 Mansfield

Serie A:

Dennis Praet (6.2 - 90 mins) - Torino 0-1 Napoli

Scottish Prem:

Vontae Daley-Campbell (unused sub) - Dundee 0-2 St. Mirren

Scottish Championship Relegation Playoff 2nd Leg:

Jakub Stolarczyk (90 mins) - Dunfermline 0-1 Queen’s Park - Dunfermline are relegated

• Like 3