Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Loans 2021/22

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Todays Results - Saturday 7th May

League Two:

Tyrese Shade (6.2 - 90 mins) - Walsall 0-3 Swindon

Josh Eppiah (6.9 + 1 assist - 62 mins) - Northampton 3-1 Barrow

Jake Wakeling (not in squad) - Barrow 1-3 Northampton

Kasey McAteer (not in squad) - Forest Green Rovers 2-2 Mansfield

Serie A:

Dennis Praet (6.2 - 90 mins) - Torino 0-1 Napoli

Scottish Prem:

Vontae Daley-Campbell (unused sub) - Dundee 0-2 St. Mirren

Scottish Championship Relegation Playoff 2nd Leg:

Jakub Stolarczyk (90 mins) - Dunfermline 0-1 Queen’s Park - Dunfermline are relegated

Northampton missed out om auto promotion on goal difference of 1 as Bristol Rovers won 7-0

Prem should open registration towards end of season like they do in mlb (American baseball). In fact thinking about it they should allow a much bigger squad registration like they do in mlb. There’s a smaller active squad list which allows other players to be added if someone is injured. Gives players like Hurst a chance to play a few games.

7 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Prem should open registration towards end of season like they do in mlb (American baseball). In fact thinking about it they should allow a much bigger squad registration like they do in mlb. There’s a smaller active squad list which allows other players to be added if someone is injured. Gives players like Hurst a chance to play a few games.

....Hirst is tied to a loan contract so that would not be possible!!!

With our academy players effectively available, there surely would not be a need for this.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Hirst is tied to a loan contract so that would not be possible!!!

With our academy players effectively available, there surely would not be a need for this.

Yes, can’t youth players effectively play in the Premier League anyway? We don’t need to register them? 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Yes, can’t youth players effectively play in the Premier League anyway? We don’t need to register them? 

Yea U21’s don’t need to be registered. I was thinking about the guys who are slightly over coming back from loan.

4 hours ago, eblair said:

Callum Wright article in athletic very weird. Said club not be in contact with him since April as then loans manager has moved on

here's the article link https://theathletic.com/3301243/2022/05/09/i-dont-know-if-leicester-want-me-to-stay-callum-wright-on-his-future/

“Contract wise, I am not really sure if I am still a Leicester player this summer,” Wright says to The Athletic. “I signed an option last summer to go back out on loan. I signed a long-term deal when I was younger. That is up now, and I signed the option to go out.

“I was in touch with Guy Branston (former Leicester loans manager) a lot, but he has moved on now. Apart from that, over the last year and a half, I haven’t really spoken to anyone at Leicester. Since Guy went, it has been quiet.

10 minutes ago, lfu said:

S**** if that's the case. Definitely worth keeping to see if he could make it or even sell on for a little bit as I'd figure a central midfielder with his goals + assists contribution would definitely get plenty of interest from championship clubs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lfu said:

That's really poor imo from the club, I have no idea how it works as I have never worked in a professional football environment however surely someone is delegated to oversee players loans and development while they are away regardless of a change in personal in that role. It's in the best interest of the club to keep an eye on our loan players you would think? he seems a talent and could be sold for a few million in the future so I do find this really bizarre. 

• Like 3

Since Guy Branston left have the club appointed anyone else to the role? Is this an oversight from Rudkin? 
On the face of it, this looks like a massive bulls up from the club, especially as Wright has been our best loan performer this season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Since Guy Branston left have the club appointed anyone else to the role? Is this an oversight from Rudkin? 
On the face of it, this looks like a massive bulls up from the club, especially as Wright has been our best loan performer this season.

Probably 2nd best to Iversen, but either way. Someone who's gone out and performed as well as he has. We should be in regular contact praising his efforts and looking to discuss his future.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The club have just closed the job advert for his replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

That's really poor imo from the club, I have no idea how it works as I have never worked in a professional football environment however surely someone is delegated to oversee players loans and development while they are away regardless of a change in personal in that role. It's in the best interest of the club to keep an eye on our loan players you would think? he seems a talent and could be sold for a few million in the future so I do find this really bizarre. 

I'd have thought they have a legal 'Duty to care' for all employees more so trainees on loan especially when you consider the recent history of young players and their vulnerability. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'd have thought they have a legal 'Duty to care' for all employees more so trainees on loan especially when you consider the recent history of young players and their vulnerability. 

Yeah agreed mate. 

This thread is more interested in our loan players than the club? I sincerely hope this isn’t true. From the article it sounds like if you posted on a Twitter post of theirs you’ve done more than the club. Crazy

12 hours ago, eblair said:

Callum Wright article in athletic very weird. Said club not be in contact with him since April as then loans manager has moved on

It is indeed a bit surprising and disappointing. Reading between the lines, the club can't be that desperate for him to sign a new deal because this isn't exactly the actions you take to make a young lad away from the club for 18 months feel reassured and in light of him having a serious injury for several months too.

Surely it couldn't have been very difficult for Rudkin or Rodgers to have kept in touch with him, I'd be shocked if they weren't aware just how well he's been doing. OK that might be a world away from being good enough for the PL but both Barnes and KDH excelled at that level and have gone through the step ups in class seamlessly. Goalscoring midfielders are worth their weight in gold and we appear to be willing to let him go for a pittance/free. Having lost Calvin Bassey similarly although at least we made some form of attempt to keep him and the contract wrangle with Tavares it does feel we are showing signs of dropping the ball somewhat.

I'd have hoped we'd have wanted him to come back in pre-season having signed a new 1-2 year deal and given a chance to impress.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't Guy only leave in March?

People acting like we have'nt been in touch for 18 months......

It's more that others at the club don't keep in touch with him. How's Rodgers or the U23 coach not had interaction with him, especially when out with a serious knee injury. Surprising but maybe it's not that unusual. You'd certainly have expected the club to have spoken with him since Branston left given his contract is up next month. 

• Like 1