Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blurryface

Norwich away - Sat 28 Aug 2021 15:00 - Selling Arrangements and Prices

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Me too, managed to get a couple bang on 8am. Surprised it’s made it given it’s a 3pm Saturday but I guess bank holiday weekend might have helped maybe. Last away trip pre covid. Hopefully we play better this time!!

Wasn't really expecting to get a ticket for this so pleasantly surprised. To drive, coach or train, stay over? No idea lol. Just glad I got a ticket!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Notice it’ll be a cross country train I need to get on from Leicester… does that make the train for this a bad idea? Don’t really want to risk not being able get on if it’s full.

The way there it's going to be busy I would imagine as it will be coming from Birmingham. The way back it shouldn't be as bad as it will be Stansted Airport and Cambridge it's come from. 

• Thanks 1

We can't get to enough aways now to get the points but our little band would love to go to this ,,,  4 tickets required but at least 2 would be fantastic.  Used to go all the time before wives, kids, dosh etc got in the way ..

(Even sit with their fans if we had to ..  all good boys now so would be quiet polite and respectful ...   :thumbup:).

Any help greatly appreciated ...

10 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Notice it’ll be a cross country train I need to get on from Leicester… does that make the train for this a bad idea? Don’t really want to risk not being able get on if it’s full.

I expect it to be busy. It passes through Nuneaton, Hinckley (which is where I am getting on) and one more I think (Wigston or Narborough).

• Sad 1

On 16/08/2021 at 08:26, TheUltimateWinner said:

I don't think you need to worry about it being full.   We generally don't anywhere near as many by train, as we used to in "the good old days".

But for peace of mind, just make sure sure you get one of the earlier trains ie leaving Leicester at 09.12 or 10.12.  

At least that way, you've got one more to fall back on (11.12) if anything unexpected happens.

And as mentioned earlier, make sure you buy split tickets Leicester-Ely and Ely-Norwich.   

Flexible split tickets will reduce the total fare from £72 to £55.40.  

And if you buy advance singles for the Ely-Norwich-Ely parts of the journey, you could save an extra £13.40 on top of that   (although the obvious downside is that you have to catch those specific trains)

<Edited: I meant to say Leicester-Ely-Leicester, not Ely-Norwich-Ely in the above paragraph.>

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I don't think you need to worry about it being full.   We generally don't anywhere near as many by train, as we used to in "the good old days".

But for peace of mind, just make sure sure you get one of the earlier trains ie leaving Leicester at 09.12 or 10.12.  

At least that way, you've got one more to fall back on (11.12) if anything unexpected happens.

And as mentioned earlier, make sure you buy split tickets Leicester-Ely and Ely-Norwich.   

Flexible split tickets will reduce the total fare from £72 to £55.40.  

And if you buy advance singles for the Ely-Norwich-Ely parts of the journey, you could save an extra £13.40 on top of that   (although the obvious downside is that you have to catch those specific trains)

Cheers that’s a great help!

9 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Cheers that’s a great help!

Sorry, just to correct something I said above.

"And if you buy advance singles for the Ely-Norwich-Ely parts of the journey, you could save an extra £13.40 on top of that   (although the obvious downside is that you have to catch those specific trains) "

I meant to say:

"And if you buy advance singles for the Leicester-Ely-Leicester parts of the journey, you could save an extra £13.40 on top of that   (although the obvious downside is that you have to catch those specific trains) "

The flexible return fare Leicester-Ely is £36.40, but you can get advance singles Leicester-Ely for £12.80, and Ely-Leicester £10.20

The Ely-Norwich off peak day return is £19.   No real savings to be made here by booking advane singles.

• Thanks 1