Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

34 minutes ago, enmac said:

Apologies if already posted. 

“2021 is not over” makes me think, he believes he could be back this calendar year which would be incredible given his injury. Maybe for the league cup game, or if not FA Cup 3rd round maybe.

Either that or our Conference league games in the new year to ease him back in :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enmac said:

Apologies if already posted. 

Don’t you dare say sorry for posting something like that, even if was already on this thread ten times! This place could use some of Wesley’s positivity. 

• Like 4

He’ll play before the end of the year in my eyes. I was convinced at the time that it wouldn’t be as bad as people feared because a clean break like the one he suffered is much quicker to heal. Plus despite the club saying there was ligament damage, a clean break reduces the amount of damage there could have been as the majority of the force has diverted through the bone which snapped. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Written in the stars for Villareal to finish 3rd in their group, us to scrape through ours, draw them in the Europa League 32s and Big Wes to end Fer Ninos career with a horrific two-footed challenge straight from kick-off in the first leg which is celebrated like a goal.

Sorry to burst the lovely dream, but I believe Fer Nino has been loaned out to Mallorca for the season.

• Sad 2

Just in time for the Transfer Window Circus:ph34r:.  

If he and JJ are indeed ready for selection come January, it makes you think how much these two would cost based upon their pre-injury performances and should the Oily boys' come a knocking? 100m?

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just in time for the Transfer Window Circus:ph34r:.  

If he and JJ are indeed ready for selection come January, it makes you think how much these two would cost based upon their pre-injury performances and should the Oily boys' come a knocking? 100m?

100 M alone for 20 year old Wes, IMO. 

Rated at 86 on futwiz. VVD is only 90 and everyone agrees he's world class. If Chilwell was worth 50 M, then JJ is definitely worth at least as much. 

wow this has cheered me up. I know its not entirely logical but i truly believe this guy has been the missing piece this season. There's something about his easy athleticism and the way he carries himself that makes me think he was all set up to give us the edge over most opponents this year.. a bit like ricardo in his first full season but with even more impact because he'd be on a pitch with stars like TIELMANS and RICARDO and NDIDI who themselves would benefit from the quality fofana brings

• Like 3

On 08/11/2021 at 11:55, Free Falling Foxes said:

Well, that confirms the doubts we had about the squads fitness levels this season. Lil Wes is the only one training at the new facility.

to be fair those big tall poles he was dancing through did look high quality 

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You have to hand it to our medical staff and rehab Team:appl: Truly remarkable effort. This could change our season come January.

since when has our success ever depended upon players plucked from French league obscurity!?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

I really, really, really, really hope he plays when he's ready physically and mentally, and not rushed back. I have no doubt he'll have issues with the latter. But I pray for him mainly that he has no further setbacks after such a serious injury! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I really, really, really, really hope he plays when he's ready physically and mentally, and not rushed back. I have no doubt he'll have issues with the latter. But I pray for him mainly that he has no further setbacks after such a serious injury! 

Agreed, he suffered two hamstring injuries last season, not to mention a few knee injuries at St Etienne so he's already got a lot of battle scars and hamstring injuries are even more common when recovering from ligament injuries.

• Like 1