Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

If I’m honest he wins the ball and the follow through gets Fofana. The tackle was out of frustration from the player which was completely unnecessary but he has come in from the side and got the ball first. It’s just a shame Fofana was stretching as the guys weight came down. Was looking forward to seeing a Cags and Fofana partnership.

He made the scissor movement to leave something on wes in retribution 

of course he didn’t mean to break his leg but when you do things that are reckless, there are often consequences…. He’s a professional and he should know better.  You would hope that the senior pros in their dressing room have a stern word with him ..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

If I’m honest he wins the ball and the follow through gets Fofana. The tackle was out of frustration from the player which was completely unnecessary but he has come in from the side and got the ball first. It’s just a shame Fofana was stretching as the guys weight came down. Was looking forward to seeing a Cags and Fofana partnership.

It was a potential career ending tackle especially with the swipe of his right leg and twist of his body to put as much force into it as possible in what was a 'friendly'. He set out to hurt him and did exactly that.

Fofana is an exceptional talent. Tonight highlighted again how good he is. Whoever we bring in will not be close to his ability, therefore we are immediately weakened. Absolutely gutted for the lad, wish him a speedy recovery but I suspect it won't be this season we see him again. The players were mortified around him. It's not just the ability you lose but the character he is within the squad, hugely popular.

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I must have been watching a different game. It was a premeditated scissor tackle which is reckless and purposely puts the player being tackled at risk of serious injury. Less common these days to see such a tackle, but if it had been a league match with VAR, clear red card for endangering the player. 

Nino knew exactly what he was doing, he would have known he had done Wes some serious damage, but got up immediately and ran off, knowingly leaving Wes with a horrendous injury. Shameful behaviour, but no doubt he is proud of himself. 

• Like 4

Don’t even know what to say, difficult to describe how angry/sick I felt watching that from the stand.

A genuine world class talent just about to  have a huge season and some thug, who was rolling around like the same happened 3 minutes prior from just a shirt pull, does that. 

A little bit shocked the game didn’t descend into violence after that, how one of our players doesn’t land a punch on him I don’t know.

Defence is in tatters before the season has even started, **** off.

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

To my mind - you just don't do that in a game. You get frustrated and can give a player a kick in the shin or an elbow but that's it. You keep it safe.

Lost all respect to Emery for that, too. 

Ref didn't help. Let a lot of fouls go and just encouraged the chance of dangerous tackles going in

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Scissor tackle through a planted foot to get the ball…. Was only going to end in injury to the player on the receiving end he knew exactly what he was doing! There’s no defending it imo and it blows my mind seeing people trying to do so!

• Like 1

Horrendous that, at this moment in time I'm not bothered about , intent, punishment, retaliation ,apologies or replacements.

I just want our Little Wes to have a full recovery and return to his brilliant best

🙏🙏🙏speedy recovery young man.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If I’m honest, I’m not sure you really understand football. He has literally scissored him.

Yeh exactly, horrible tackle. Then his momentum causes him to twist after hes clamped his leg.

Surprised it didn't kick off more after that tackle

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

If I’m honest, I’m not sure you really understand football. He has literally scissored him.

He gets the ball first but the tackle was completely unnecessary. The ref even allowed play on.

Yes the guy is a nob for going in hard like that but from that video no one can say he didn’t get the ball first.

Just now, jmono84 said:

He gets the ball first but the tackle was completely unnecessary. The ref even allowed play on.

Yes the guy is a nob for going in hard like that but from that video no one can say he didn’t get the ball first.

😂😂😂😂😂

Doesn’t matter whether he got the ball or not 

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just home from the game and that was absolutely horrific, you could tell instantly from the way he was pointing at it and shouting for help how bad it was, even able to see how bad it was from the stands

The fact the ref didn't send Nino off or even tell Emery to get the player off the pitch is disgraceful as well

Potentially season ruined for one of the best young players in world football all because some little scrote couldn't control himself

Deserves a length ban for what he did, but I would be surprised if we even get a half arsed apology statement.

Couldn’t agree more.

I’ve just seen it on YouTube and it’s stomach churning to see close up. I was sat at the front of J1 so didn’t really see what happened at first. Really put a downer on the game seeing that happen to such a talented young lad. Devastated for him.

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

It is totally immaterial if you get the ball first. You must not endanger a player by making a deliberately highly risky challenge. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Just to be crystal clear, you can be a violent thug even if you win the ball.