Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He gets the ball first but the tackle was completely unnecessary. The ref even allowed play on.

Yes the guy is a nob for going in hard like that but from that video no one can say he didn’t get the ball first.

Either you are a Villarreal fan or a WUM. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

It was a potential career ending tackle especially with the swipe of his right leg and twist of his body to put as much force into it as possible in what was a 'friendly'. He set out to hurt him and did exactly that.

Targeted for sure. Had to break our lads limbs to get a goal on the board. Disgusting.

Seeing it being played down like this is disheartening. 

From another forum:

Yeah, I was expecting a lot worse to be honest. People are just up in arms because of the injury, as opposed to it being a bad tackle - bit over the top to be honest.

It's not a great challenge, but it's the awkward footing that does the damage, nothing you won't see again and again across the season.

45 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

If they are, they should know better than to diagnose from a distance.

And could at least wait a little while (till tomorrow at least) before making their analysis!

.....a lot of speculation and just watching it on the LCFC player, it seemed like an ankle injury as it seemed in that instance the weakest point of Fofana's leg would have been his ankle and something had to give!!!

It was the first thing he reached for when he looked to see what was wrong, and if the injury was higher up, he would have reached for just below his knee. Could well be ligament damage, but either way this is a big blow for him and the club.

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Sometime's you just know from how a player reacts that it's something bad. Fofana knew it was bad, those on the side line knew it was bad and those in the stands new it was bad. It's like the whole world stopped (apart from the Referee & Villarreal player's who'd likely step over you dying in the street).

There's no denying that a horrific injury, and he'll be out for some time, but he will be back, There's not doubt that he's going to be one of the best CB's in the world, absolutely no doubt.

On a side note, You have to applaud Kasper's love for the team and his team mates. He was literally on the touch line and then straight on to the pitch in absolute fury and then followed Fofana down the tunnel. The absolute definition of a leader and a captain.

Yes I noticed that too! Kasper is a real leader and you could see when he went out to see Fofana he turned around and mouthed 'oh for f6cks sake' - he was absolutely horrified. Hope Wes comes back stronger and wish him a speedy recovery. That Villareal player deserves a ban that's for sure as anyone can see there was malice, revenge for a tackle earlier in the game. Pure scum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

From another forum:

Yeah, I was expecting a lot worse to be honest. People are just up in arms because of the injury, as opposed to it being a bad tackle - bit over the top to be honest.

It's not a great challenge, but it's the awkward footing that does the damage, nothing you won't see again and again across the season.

I’m a massive Fofana fan but I agree with this comment. I shouldn’t probably say anything else because me expressing my opinion is clearly me just trying to wind you lot up!

I’m gutted for the lad as I said i was desperate to see a Fofana and Soyuncu partnership.

31 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

If I’m honest he wins the ball and the follow through gets Fofana. The tackle was out of frustration from the player which was completely unnecessary but he has come in from the side and got the ball first. It’s just a shame Fofana was stretching as the guys weight came down. Was looking forward to seeing a Cags and Fofana partnership.

Jesus Christ. 

This is why everyone being entitled to an opinion isn't necessarily a good thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....a lot of speculation and just watching in on the LCFC player, it seemed like an ankle injury as it seemed in that instance the weakest point of Fofana's leg would have been his ankle and something had to give!!!

It was the first thing he reached for when he looked to see what was wrong, and if the injury was higher up, he would have reached for just below his knee. Either way this is a big blow for him and the club.

One picture shows its clearly about 5 inches above the ankle bone his tib bone has snapped. 

Could be tib fib break and even that's without his ankle having an injury. 

I'm sure the club will release more but this is not too far off the luke Shaw injury. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

From another forum:

The tackle is horrendous and is only being played down because it’s not a ‘traditionally’ bad tackle, or at least not what springs to mind when people think of one. To an extent that comment isn’t wrong - you will see these all season and there is a degree of misfortune, but. It’s the fact that it’s so blatantly intentional, so malicious and reckless that it’s completely inexcusable. Niño should be ashamed of himself but to have gone in like that in the first place and to have played on without an ounce of concern suggests that he probably isn’t.

Son was completely distraught after that one on Gomes. Niño couldn’t have cared less about Wes.

• Like 3

Just now, blueharmie said:

One picture shows its clearly about 5 inches above the ankle bone his tib bone has snapped. 

Could be tib fib break and even that's without his ankle having an injury. 

I'm sure the club will release more but this is not too far off the luke Shaw injury. 

Reminds me of the Eduardo injury too

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

If I’m honest he wins the ball and the follow through gets Fofana. The tackle was out of frustration from the player which was completely unnecessary but he has come in from the side and got the ball first. It’s just a shame Fofana was stretching as the guys weight came down. Was looking forward to seeing a Cags and Fofana partnership.

The tackle was a scissor tackle, which is out of control, and can often lead to a serious injury, which is why it is usually a straight red card.

He wouldn`t have wanted to break his leg, but he knew exactly what he was doing, and was acting out of retribution for Fofanas tackle on him a couple of minutes earlier, and he would have known that that type of out of control tackle could result in a serious injury.

The guy was a disgrace, who still has his own new season ahead of him, while he has more than likely finished Fofanas season before it started, in a pre season friendly.

I just hope Fofana can come back from this without any complications and every bit as good as he already is.

• Like 4

Just now, FoxCal said:

Niño should be ashamed of himself but to have gone in like that in the first place and to have played on without an ounce of concern suggests that he probably isn’t.

Son was completely distraught after that one on Gomes. Niño couldn’t have cared less about Wes.

He is young (20) but it was disappointing there was little remorse about the whole incident. Didn't look fazed at all unless I missed something. 

Emery should have had a word. 

• Like 3

I was catching up on the game via the club’s YouTube and had barely got to the moment of the incident before it was set to private and deleted. I wish I hadn’t.

An awful moment for him and everyone involved, and could potentially change the course of our season. It’ll be interesting to see if Fer Nino faces any official repercussions. Both him and his manager are absolute top-drawer slimy cvnts.

It feels like one of those horrible nights that thankfully don’t come around all too often.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

He is young (20) but it was disappointing there was little remorse about the whole incident. Didn't look fazed at all unless I missed something. 

Emery should have had a word. 

Mentioned a few pages back that it deserved a dressing down, but Emery not pulling him off immediately is almost negligent management. If, as others have said, Niño already has previous at his age it tells you all you need to know about the repercussions (or lack of) he’s suffered prior. 

• Like 1