Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He is young (20) but it was disappointing there was little remorse about the whole incident. Didn't look fazed at all unless I missed something. 

Emery should have had a word. 

One look at his questionable tattoos checks out. The guy is a fascist. One of these violence-loving men we're riddled with.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Missed the game tonight and I’m absolutely fuming to hear this news, disgraceful tackle. Looking at the picture of the injury it looks very similar to my wife’s broken leg, which she sadly did last year. Broken fib and tib, can tell just by the way the foot it facing the wrong way. Obviously I’m no doctor but he’s going to be out for at least 5/6 months at best. So gutted for someone who was world class and such a huge prospect.

Get well soon Fofana :(

5 minutes ago, dan_fox said:

Missed the game tonight and I’m absolutely fuming to hear this news, disgraceful tackle. Looking at the picture of the injury it looks very similar to my wife’s broken leg, which she sadly did last year. Broken fib and tib, can tell just by the way the foot it facing the wrong way. Obviously I’m no doctor but he’s going to be out for at least 5/6 months at best. So gutted for someone who was world class and such a huge prospect.

Who does she play for?

• Haha 1

I had a similar injury playing 11 aside in Regent’s Park 3 years ago. Fracture dislocation of my ankle, foot was pointing was pointing 180 degrees from where it should be.

7 days in hospital waiting for the swelling to go down before getting pinned and 8 weeks on crutches. Haven’t played footy again and my ankle has been ****ed ever since. Hopefully with a proper doctor and not the nhs he will have better recovery than me!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He gets the ball first but the tackle was completely unnecessary. The ref even allowed play on.

Yes the guy is a nob for going in hard like that but from that video no one can say he didn’t get the ball first.

Who’s said that?

Getting the ball first (or at all) isn’t the issue here. 

‘Going in hard’ is fine. Going in completely over the top and following through is not. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

Mentioned a few pages back that it deserved a dressing down, but Emery not pulling him off immediately is almost negligent management. If, as others have said, Niño already has previous at his age it tells you all you need to know about the repercussions (or lack of) he’s suffered prior. 

....very much a prized asset for them and a problem for Emery to navigate!!!

It would be like if Maddison had committed this foul, I would suspect he would be backed by Rodgers and condolences expressed. The reaction of the referee also plays a part in this and I suspect their will be little or no repercussions in this matter.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Seeing it being played down like this is disheartening. 

From another forum:

Yeah, I was expecting a lot worse to be honest. People are just up in arms because of the injury, as opposed to it being a bad tackle - bit over the top to be honest.

It's not a great challenge, but it's the awkward footing that does the damage, nothing you won't see again and again across the season.

I actually half agree with this, it was a bad tackle probably a red card by today's standards due to the studs showing.

But it wasn't the worst tackle I've ever seen no where near I was at the game and missed it in real time and after reading about it on foxestalk I was expecting a lot worse. Bertrands on Perez in the 9 nil was comfortably worse, vardy did one for England too that was worse I think it was against Spain. 

People are just very emotional due to the nature of the injury and how big a player big Wesley is for us. 

I've seen a lot of people talk about malicious, that's something thats impossible to prove. Only the villareal player will know his own mind. But footballers make split second pressurised decions in the heat of moment. I've no doubt he saw a chance to stick a hard tackle on someone he's having a good battle with but I highly doubt many pros go in to a tackle like that hoping to injure a fellow professional, I mean that's psychotic, criminal behaviour. 

But either way get well soon wes, up the city. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dan_fox said:

Wondered where you were going with the wife injury there tbh. You dirty old dog.

• Haha 1

Just cannot believe it. A third horror injury to a key player in less than 18 months. In that kind of nature that cannot be dressed as anything but horrible luck.

It's just such a blow. Tonight up until that point was probably as much as I've ever enjoyed a friendly. Actually a good atmosphere, we were playing some lovely attacking football, just great to be back. It was everything you could've hoped.

Then bang. The worst possible blow.

It's infuriating and it's gutting. Just cannot believe it's happened AGAIN.

There was definitely some malice in the challenge. I don't think he intended it to be quite as bad as it was but it was definitely in reaction to an earlier challenge from Fofana - the one where he pretended to be injured.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I actually half agree with this, it was a bad tackle probably a red card by today's standards due to the studs showing.

But it wasn't the worst tackle I've ever seen no where near I was at the game and missed it in real time and after reading about it on foxestalk I was expecting a lot worse. Bertrands on Perez in the 9 nil was comfortably worse, vardy did one for England too that was worse I think it was against Spain. 

People are just very emotional due to the nature of the injury and how big a player big Wesley is for us. 

I've seen a lot of people talk about malicious, that's something thats impossible to prove. Only the villareal player will know his own mind. But footballers make split second pressurised decions in the heat of moment. I've no doubt he saw a chance to stick a hard tackle on someone he's having a good battle with but I highly doubt many pros go in to a tackle like that hoping to injure a fellow professional, I mean that's psychotic, criminal behaviour. 

Jesus Wept.

There’s too much there for me to disagree with and it’s too late for me to form a balanced response :S

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 2

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

It doesn't have to be the worst tackle ever seen to make it as bad as people have made out. 

People are emotional. Of course. 

There appeared to be some element of malice in it. Proving it yeah can be difficult. But watching it, flying in like that in a friendly game doesn't favour Nino. It's callous, fierce and totally unwarranted to be that physical or aggressive. He was just reeling from the very minor tackle he feigned injury for and went in way too hard. Overcompensated in return for the previous challenge Fofana put on him. One in which he embarrassingly rolled around about and therein lies some of the emotion caused because of that, and then what he went on to do. 

Also, him making that split second decision clearly shows his decision-making isn't that strong. Perhaps only being 20 is a factor in that but nevertheless, there's absolutely no excuse for him to make such a challenge. What's worse is that he'll no doubt get to play in next week's Super Cup game and onwards in to the season while Wes probably won't play another minute until this time next year. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

What tattoos has he got? 

Some weird thing on his leg. A gorilla with huge fangs has a women's head within its mouth. Beneath that is a skull with sunglasses on.

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

You haven't played football, have you?

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....very much a prized asset for them and a problem for Emery to navigate!!!

It would be like if Maddison had committed this foul, I would suspect he would be backed by Rodgers and condolences expressed. The reaction of the referee also plays a part in this and I suspect their will be little or no repercussions in this matter.

I see where that train of thought comes from but I’m not so sure Rodgers would let it slide if it were anybody in our squad. At the very least there’d be a degree of ‘we’ve talked about it, he knows he was wrong to go into the challenge like that etc etc’.

This is the man who damaged our chances of picking up anything against West Ham at the back end of last season by omitting players (Maddison included) for being absolute clowns and breaching restrictions, after all. Not directly comparable circumstances, but Rodgers doesn’t strike me as one to suffer fools or excuse the inexcusable. I imagine it’s part of the reason he’s been able to earn such a good reputation for developing young players, which is what Emery should be doing here by throwing the book at Niño and his petulant behaviour that, in all likelihood, has ended the season of one of his peers.

Prized assets with attitude problems that aren’t addressed and corrected don’t remain prized assets very often.

• Like 1