Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

I'm absolutely gutted about this.

Not just for the outlook of the team, but for Little Wes himself and his development. 

He's been pretty active on social media, posting pictures and re-tweeting things from the club.

Devastated for him.

Was destined to be a big season for him. He showed how good he is and wanted to build on it.

We desperately need another CB, this forces our hand.

But who?

Do we, could we, make a big wage offer to Boetang for a year? Would he join?

Best option in my opinion, even if it is optimistic. 

Anyone else is going to cost £20m+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It doesn't have to be the worst tackle ever seen to make it as bad as people have made out. 

People are emotional. Of course. 

There appeared to be some element of malice in it. Proving it yeah can be difficult. But watching it, flying in like that in a friendly game doesn't favour Nino. It's callous, fierce and totally unwarranted to be that physical or aggressive. He was just reeling from the very minor tackle he feigned injury for and went in way too hard. Overcompensated in return for the previous challenge Fofana put on him. One in which he embarrassingly rolled around about and therein lies some of the emotion caused because of that, and then what he went on to do. 

Also, him making that split second decision clearly shows his decision-making isn't that strong. Perhaps only being 20 is a factor in that but nevertheless, there's absolutely no excuse for him to make such a challenge. What's worse is that he'll no doubt get to play in next week's Super Cup game and onwards in to the season while Wes probably won't play another minute until this time next year. 

Saved me typing out pretty much exactly the same. Of course we've all seen worse tackles, so what?

It's the sort of challenge you would only make if you're a) monumentally ****ing stupid and have no idea how to control yourself on a football pitch, in which case you've got no real business being on one or b) attempting to hurt your opponent. I don't imagine for a minute he thought "right, I'm going to break his leg" but given the context he has very obviously gone in to do at least some damage to him. Hope he's proud of himself. 

• Like 1

I know he's probably high on whatever but to see him smiling even in hospital, even with a fibula fracture, is weirdly a nice way to end the night. He's such a positive fun guy to have at the club. 

Feel like I can go sleep now after seeing that infectious smile. 

• Like 4

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

If it’s *just* the fibula, that would be a good outcome in the circumstances.

Where's @Parafox?

I need to know more lol

Can you have 6 weeks in plaster, do 4 weeks of training and be back?

We were desperate for 3 points tonight, but not at this cost.

I used to feel a bit sorry for Emery and the weird jibes about his accent. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

Now he can get fvcked. I hope some day he ends up in purgatory where some obnoxious Arsenal supporter is shouting “GOOD EBENING” right into his face for eternity.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

I used to feel a bit sorry for Emery and the weird jibes about his accent. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

Now he can get fvcked. I hope some day he ends up in purgatory where some obnoxious cvnt is shouting “GOOD EBENING” right into his face for eternity.

He’ll just think they’re telling him to have a good evening though :ph34r:

Was it Wes who previously tackled him before he cried like a baby and got jeered by us fans? Because if it was (really can't remember), then it all but confirms the malicious intent. He was schooled and decided to 'get his own back' on the player.

Regardless I've rarely seem a team (Europa winners as well !!!) go down so much faking injury in a fuching pre season friendly.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Was it Wes who previously tackled him before he cried like a baby and got jeered by us fans? Because if it was (really can't remember), then it all but confirms the malicious intent. He was schooled and decided to 'get his own back' on the player.

Regardless I've rarely seem a team (Europa winners as well !!!) Go down so much faking injury in a fuching pre season friendly.

Yeah this tackle

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Regardless I've rarely seem a team (Europa winners as well !!!) Go down so much faking injury in a fuching pre season friendly.

yes it was Wes who caught him just before. 100% revenge tackle

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I actually half agree with this, it was a bad tackle probably a red card by today's standards due to the studs showing.

But it wasn't the worst tackle I've ever seen no where near I was at the game and missed it in real time and after reading about it on foxestalk I was expecting a lot worse. Bertrands on Perez in the 9 nil was comfortably worse, vardy did one for England too that was worse I think it was against Spain. 

People are just very emotional due to the nature of the injury and how big a player big Wesley is for us. 

I've seen a lot of people talk about malicious, that's something thats impossible to prove. Only the villareal player will know his own mind. But footballers make split second pressurised decions in the heat of moment. I've no doubt he saw a chance to stick a hard tackle on someone he's having a good battle with but I highly doubt many pros go in to a tackle like that hoping to injure a fellow professional, I mean that's psychotic, criminal behaviour. 

But either way get well soon wes, up the city. 

....I played for a local team at not a very high standard, and the talk in the dressing room, prior to the game, was all about revenge regarding a previous encounter with the same opponents the season before!!!

This was not revenge in respect of winning the game, this was planning to deliberately injure another player, and it being endorsed by the whole team. I wondered what i had got into with these people and it was a real eye opener. The weird thing was, that a lot of these players were great to get on with and you would not have believed the malice they took into games, if you had met them away from that environment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah this tackle

Don't know how much pain he was actually in but it couldn't have been as bad as he's made it look considering he was up and about shortly after without any injury.

I actually felt sorry for him when he stayed down thinking we had jumped the gun on taking the piss and be might actually be injured. Instantly turned to disgust after the tackle on Wes, who we all knew was really hurt as soon as he went down... Anyway yeah, cynical challenge by him.