Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

14 minutes ago, bart said:

Fibula fracture might be (slightly) good news

It was definitely a red card - the leniency referees give in friendly matches needs looking at.

....there was a pre-season game where a Leicester player, it was either Benalouane or Hamza had committed a dangerous foul!!

The opponent was not injured but the ref went across to his manager and requested that he should be taken off. He was instantly replaced on the pitch, no sending off and both teams still with eleven players.

There is definitely an abundance of leniency in pre-season games, and rightly so, as the majority of them is played in the right spirit.

30 minutes ago, bart said:

Fibula fracture might be (slightly) good news

It was definitely a red card - the leniency referees give in friendly matches needs looking at.

Yeah - I mean if you wanna treat yellows as only fouls, that's one thing but a red is a red and if some dumbass is doing something like that they should be ejected and also pilloried for doing something worthy of that in a friendly. 

16 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Don't know how much pain he was actually in but it couldn't have been as bad as he's made it look considering he was up and about shortly after without any injury.

I actually felt sorry for him when he stayed down thinking we had jumped the gun on taking the piss and be might actually be injured. Instantly turned to disgust after the tackle on Wes, who we all knew was really hurt as soon as he went down... Anyway yeah, cynical challenge by him.

.....you noticed the big difference....when Nino went down he was rolling all over the place, holding his leg!!!

When Fofana went down he stayed still, motionless, probably in shock, you can tell the fake injuries a mile off, when your hurt, you are hurt and do not resort to theatrics.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Whats the point even having a ref then for friendlies? Might as well let Brendan run round for 90 minutes like when your school team had your own PE teacher for crap home matches.

....if this was Rugby Union, Nino would have been cited by the club and this matter would come up infront of a Citing Committee!!!

They would have the power to ban him for a length of time and the matter would be resolved this way. At present I am not sure the referee will bring this to anyone's attention except to report that a player was injured and stretchered off the pitch.

There is I believe, a possibility of retrospective action being taken and a ban being implemented, but that is a maybe, if there is a big enough outcry, I suspect the F.A would have to address this issue.

nb.

Leicester Tigers do not Cite other teams players.

Edited by sacreblueits442

26 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Don't know how much pain he was actually in

He was barely in any. Just look at his face once the ref was over him. It was all just an act to get the refs attention. Plus do people really roll about like that when actually hurt? Not in my experience. 

The whole business is absolutely disgusting! He 100% meant it and should be paying for Fafana's medical bills and wages. Lets not forget, that could have ended the lads career. Bad judgement, bad timing, mistakes etc are all part of the game. But going in to hurt somebody, just not acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Some weird thing on his leg. A gorilla with huge fangs has a women's head within its mouth. Beneath that is a skull with sunglasses on.

Thanks. Sounds weird. Not someone I'd like to meet. Any idea about the symbolism here? 

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there was a pre-season game where a Leicester player, it was either Benalouane or Hamza had committed a dangerous foul!!

The opponent was not injured but the ref went across to his manager and requested that he should be taken off. He was instantly replaced on the pitch, no sending off and both teams still with eleven players.

There is definitely an abundance of leniency in pre-season games, and rightly so, as the majority of them is played in the right spirit.

It was Benny. I think Puel was managing then. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Would that make me more or less entitled to have a slightly differing opinion to you on a tackle? 

You don't scissor innocently. Ever. Anyone that has played football to any half decent standard understands that. Sorry.

Imagine if we could have unretired morgan and sent the big lad on for some defensive reinforcement  exercises.

This lad will get his own one day. Wish Fofana a speedy recovery. You will come back will a lot to show the world!

10 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Where you got that from? Hope you aren’t there. Potentially good news if he’s up and about on crutches already.

Stumbled across it on twitter but agree. Crutches is not a terrible thing to see at this stage. Imagine we will have an update tomorrow on the full extent :fc:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Stumbled across it on twitter but agree. Crutches is not a terrible thing to see at this stage. Imagine we will have an update tomorrow on the full extent :fc:

It’s about as good as can be hoped for given what we know/saw

The only silver lining I can see from any of this is that Benkovic might finally get his chance for us. He's had regular minutes this pre-season and looked alright.

Get well soon, Li'l Wes. :cry:

• Like 1