Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

4 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The only silver lining I can see from any of this is that Benkovic might finally get his chance for us. He's had regular minutes this pre-season and looked alright.

Get well soon, Li'l Wes. :cry:

I have a good feeling about Benkovic. I think he’s been fairly unfortunate with how his career has gone the last few years with bad loans and injuries. There’s talent there and going through a full pre season he might well be in the best shape he’s been in in years. If there’s a positive to come out of this situation it may well be Benkovic. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

im jealous of her tbh. 

Wes is not only handsome but he seems an absolute sweetheart as well. The life of every party. She's a very lucky girl.

Get well soon, little Wes!

Jesus missed the game and just watched that video feel for the lad that's rough people seem to be pretty sure it's a break as well was hoping for a dislocation.
Hope he gets some good drugs and his Mr's puts some over time hours in I'd take a broken leg for her any day.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still livid. Hope he gets it happen to him.

We need to keep Choudhury just on the off chance we face Villareal in the knockouts of the Europa League...:hamza:

• Like 1

Was listening to stringer and pipes on bbc radio leicester. It’s utterly disgraceful the manner in which Villarreal have conducted themselves. From that idiot nino (means child in Spanish) who was reckless with his tackle, to the ref who didn’t send him off to that greasy Dracula emery paper showing zero compassion or remorse for his player’s actions. They were a guest of Leicester and this is how they behave in a friendly? I don’t despise many teams but these sods top my list now. Only exception is Vicente who’s a class act and foxes legend. Couldn’t travel sadly but if he were on the pitch I can only imagine him sorting his team mate out good & proper!

villareal got Leeds on Saturday so I hope they get battered and that git nino gets some rough treatment from the Leeds defenders.

• Like 1

https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/5/1/e000639

Reading this medical journal is somewhat encouraging. Premier league footballer recovers from similar injury to be in 1st team training after 7.5 months, plays 90mins after 9 months and is then able to play injury free up the time this paper was published, a full 11mo post recovery. 

We could see Wes in training early spring, and if he recovers well, might be on the pitch at the back end of the season. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Wesley Fofana is an unbelievable human being isn't he. He's got a broken leg and in hospital yet straight away he's telling everyone he's okay.

What a guy.

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Would that make me more or less entitled to have a slightly differing opinion to you on a tackle? 

Being lack perspective and others right to have a different perspective. It’s not worth at times having a different point of view, as the hate and bile that you’ll get in return, IMO isn’t worth it.

however..

yes it’s a bad challenge, possibly retaliatory. But I’ve seen more horrific challenges, that have resulted in less.

At the moment of impact Wesley stance leg (the one in the ground) was slightly away from his centre of mass, as in leaning away, this didn’t help as with the force coming in from his left, he couldn’t get it out of the position it was in.

Ive seen lots of similar challenges on sky during the season, sadly for us it’s cost us one of our best players.

everyone is feeling emotional and understanderbly so, but it’s okay to have a differing view. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'm absolutely furious. This should never happen in a friendly game and has massively ****ed our season before it's even started. Gutted for Wes who did not deserve that.

Not sure what precedent there is against the cvnt who did it but we must explore whatever avenues we can, it's a ****ing assault.

There's a fine line between robust play and intentionally dangerous play and most clubs turn a blind eye to it - because their players might commit this kind of over-the-top foul play themselves.

However, it's become increasingly rare, largely because of the cost to teams at our level. Fofana's absence is bound to impact on our upcoming season and there may be complex private surgery to pay for and he may come out of this a lesser player. Atm it's speculation.

Always after incidents like this the analogy is that, if someone had a barney in the street and decided to kick his (her) 'provacateur' without warning or challenging, then that's assault. You lash out at someone without justification then it's an attack. If Wes had had a nibble beforehand then that's football and within the remit of the ref to deal with.

If this thug decided, even in the heat of the moment, to really hurt Wes, then he deserves to end up in court. Football isn't above the law - even though it likes to think it is.

All those posters talking about "sorting out" the offending (and offensive twat) in the tunnel are indulging themselves in some kind of witless tribal revenge fantasy. It doesn't happen that way at this level.

I agree with you - it's time for a legal recourse - slap a compensatory fine on the player and club and maybe a judgement of Solomon - stop the f****r from playing until Wes is training again. That'd make them think twice and post a message to 'footballdom'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nod.E said:

You don't scissor innocently. Ever. Anyone that has played football to any half decent standard understands that. Sorry.

How can you say that when I see scissor “tackles” regularly through the season. I’m not justifying it or saying it’s right, just that players do it. 

had studs been Up, I’d hope he’d been sent off, the fact he wasn’t suggested the referee thought (despite it being a scissor) that it was a clean tackle. On first watching I thought it was myself.

• Like 1

Not a great nights sleep for Rodgers I imagine. Important assessment of the capabilities of Benkovic over the next 24 hours. You can add an unwarranted increase to the transfer fee and wages of any central defender we look at bringing in now. Agents and players out there are sitting with a better hand than they were 24 hours ago. Horribly unfortunate end to preseason. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

He’s basing his assessment on a double tibula/fibula fracture, which it doesn’t look like this is

Could we be. Wes wouldn't know when he posted that.