Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Stumbled across it on twitter but agree. Crutches is not a terrible thing to see at this stage. Imagine we will have an update tomorrow on the full extent :fc:

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Fibula fractures rarely happen in isolation, which worries me.
Hopefully any associated ligament injury/dislocation (if any) is minor :(

need to wait for scans to assess any ligament damage …..if none then feasible he could be back for the spring (if really fortunate then late January/early feb). Assume he’s not staying in hospital as they need to decide on his treatment re any operation - which could take place elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Being lack perspective and others right to have a different perspective. It’s not worth at times having a different point of view, as the hate and bile that you’ll get in return, IMO isn’t worth it.

however..

yes it’s a bad challenge, possibly retaliatory. But I’ve seen more horrific challenges, that have resulted in less.

At the moment of impact Wesley stance leg (the one in the ground) was slightly away from his centre of mass, as in leaning away, this didn’t help as with the force coming in from his left, he couldn’t get it out of the position it was in.

Ive seen lots of similar challenges on sky during the season, sadly for us it’s cost us one of our best players.

everyone is feeling emotional and understanderbly so, but it’s okay to have a differing view. 

It is ok but reckless revenge tackles pre season is just nuts - they boy needs sorting out by his dressing room senior pros. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Duquesne Whistle said:

Not a great nights sleep for Rodgers I imagine. Important assessment of the capabilities of Benkovic over the next 24 hours. You can add an unwarranted increase to the transfer fee and wages of any central defender we look at bringing in now. Agents and players out there are sitting with a better hand than they were 24 hours ago. Horribly unfortunate end to preseason. 

We'll have a plan mate. We always do. Probably more sleepless nights for the finance director on how we're going to pay for it.

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Wesley Fofana is an unbelievable human being isn't he. He's got a broken leg and in hospital yet straight away he's telling everyone he's okay.

What a guy.

I'm, like others, still absolutely fuming. 

The thing was he was taking the p*ss. 

A friendly, 3 - 0 down, half way line challenge like that should be investigated and the tw*t should receive full repercussions. This Nino w*anker clearly does not have the mentality to play professional football at the moment and should receive a lengthy ban. 

Wesley Fofana is absolutely immense and it was hugely upsetting seeing him so hurt last night. 

I'm just preying he can come back and fulfil his potential as he is clearly going to be a world class player. 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We'll have a plan mate. We always do. Probably more sleepless nights for the finance director on how we're going to pay for it.

I agree about the plan. Clubs must look at a multitude of players in a multitude of positions each summer anyway.

It's just a shame that we'd become very astute in transfer market dealings, yet this setback happening 10 days before the start of the season shifts the balance of power from the club towards the players we'll be looking at. It's just never beneficial to have to hurry transfer through. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

It's the spin the player does during the tackle that really makes me angry. Had he just come in with the poor challenge, injury probably would've been minor. But that little spin at the end likely does all the damage. 

Yep, the sweeping motion of the right leg adds to the whole challenge. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For me its the way he twists his body knowing that doing so would result in a greater force on Wes' leg. Cowardly, pre meditated and in a friendly on the half way line. All because he had the hump a couple of minutes beforehand. Blokes a ****.

• Like 1

Just woke up to see this absolutely horrific news! Literally ruined my day and all enthusiasm I had for the season coming up.

How unlucky are we with injuries it’s unbelievable! To probably one of 2/3 of our most important players and top 2 with the most potential to get right up the very top of the game. It’s frightening really and I really pray it’s somehow not as bad as I fear it will be, for him and for us.

In terms of the tackle, there is nothing to debate - it’s an absolutely disgusting challenge that’s clearly in retaliation. He should be banned for a full season and fined 50% of his wage for the year too. He knew exactly what he was doing and tried to hurt Wes.

If I was on the field, that c*nt would not get off walking it’s as simple as that. Roy Keane Alf Haaland mark 2, and yes I’d scream in his face I meant it in the same way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

need to wait for scans to assess any ligament damage …..if none then feasible he could be back for the spring (if really fortunate then late January/early feb). Assume he’s not staying in hospital as they need to decide on his treatment re any operation - which could take place elsewhere 

It is ok but reckless revenge tackles pre season is just nuts - they boy needs sorting out by his dressing room senior pros. 

I don’t disagree (if we believe it was a revenge tackle) which it looks like it was.

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’d be tempted to give Benkovic or Ben Nelson a chance to step up vs. City. 

I don’t think we have much choice because we ain’t gonna get anybody in before the Man City game… this really does escalate the need for a CB. We all knew we needed that extra bod and this enforces that need. Just feel really emotive and really p*****d off.

Amazing to think that arguably that’s our first choice back 4 all now injured:

Castagne      Evans     Fofana      Justin 

Testament to our squad that even with those defensive problems we still have the quality and experience of Soyuncu, Ricardo and Bertrand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Lincolnfox said:

I don’t think we have much choice because we ain’t gonna get anybody in before the Man City game… this really does escalate the need for a CB. We all knew we needed that extra bod and this enforces that need. Just feel really emotive and really p*****d off.

Well Amartey is the most obvious/established option. 

I think Nelson looks very composed for his age. He also looked a good communicator in the little time we’ve seen him on the pitch, always talking. He’s not ready for the prem though, needs a loan or two. Benkovic needs a break. Both have the potential to be better options than Dan IMO. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hence the name, scissor. It was despicable and, imho, totally premeditated. 

I'm hoping there is *some* kind of action against the perpetrator. Question is who? Whose remit is it? You'd kinda hope his teammates at least might make their displeasure known to him; they are all, after all, pros. No decent human being looks to end another's career. 

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Imagine if we could have unretired morgan and sent the big lad on for some defensive reinforcement  exercises.

This lad will get his own one day. Wish Fofana a speedy recovery. You will come back will a lot to show the world!

It’s a shame we couldn’t unretire Wasilewski to come on for him last night.

• Like 1