Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

9 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

Hence the name, scissor. It was despicable and, imho, totally premeditated. 

I'm hoping there is *some* kind of action against the perpetrator. Question is who? Whose remit is it? You'd kinda hope his teammates at least might make their displeasure known to him; they are all, after all, pros. No decent human being looks to end another's career. 

The leg had already broken before the other leg came into play as it got trapped under their player. Doesn't alter the fact he was off the ground and not in control through. 

The lad should have been sent off end of. It was a ****ing disgusting challenge. 

The advancements in medicine mean he will be back! Due to the timing I can see him making a return before the seasons over, hopefully there’s no other damage bar the break itself. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The leg had already broken before the other leg came into play as it got trapped under their player. Doesn't alter the fact he was off the ground and not in control through. 

I dont think theres one point where both of his feet are off the ground.

The main cause seems to be that Wes has tried to shield the ball away from the chap meaning that his leg is planted. The guy comes from the side and wins the ball but obviously with Wes planted and the guys momentum it wasnt likely to have a nice outcome.

I still dont see how any sane person can watch it back and think there was genuinely malice to try and ruin the kids career. People need to grow up and learn to see things a little more objectively

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

He’s basing his assessment on a double tibula/fibula fracture, which it doesn’t look like this is

I just watched a couple of YT videos of the incident - one of which included a still, taken from above, and it appears as if the break is complete, that is both bones broken - his foot is severely out of 'true'.

However, I hope you're assessment proves to be correct.

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

Or you’re just plain wrong. I don’t believe he meant to break his leg. But it was 100% a revenge tackle. 

That's fine, I'd hope any of our players would look to give someone a bit back if they felt aggrieved.

Hes won the ball for God sake lol

It's only because Wes has planted his foot between ball and man rather than carried on dribbling that the massively unfortunate injury happened.

Benalouanes was a nasty reckless challenge, this wasnt.

Te most annoying thing tbh was that he was rolling around after when Wes was genuinely badly injured. For that I'd have been happy to someone deck him haha

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

That's fine, I'd hope any of our players would look to give someone a bit back if they felt aggrieved.

It's only because Wes has planted his foot between ball and man rather than carried on dribbling that the massively unfortunate injury happened.

Te most annoying thing tbh was that he was rolling around after when Wes was genuinely badly injured. For that I'd have been happy to someone deck him haha

He might have won the ball but a scissor tackle from behind? It’s reckless and dangerous. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's only because Wes has planted his foot between ball and man rather than carried on dribbling that the massively unfortunate injury happened

It's not just that though? 

He's scissored him. It's the nature of the tackle. Winning the ball is one thing but the action and movement and force of the tackle is another. 

Also, hardly like Wes could have dribbled anyway. He got crunched the moment he just about reached the ball! Nino knew what he was doing and executed it how he wanted to. The extent of the injury is one thing, but so is the type of the tackle. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He won the ball with his left foot then deliberately swept through the back of Wes with his right leg. It was revenge, pure and simple. He had the red mist and intended to inflict serious harm.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

I thought the tackle was extremely malicious and effectively done - with intent. You're taught that kind of technique by an older professional. 

Nino places his left leg over Wes's - kind of downward and forward trajectory then brings his right leg over, I suspect, on to Wes's thigh or back of the knee - increasing the pressure already applied to the shin.

That youth is a thoroughly nasty sh1t.  An offence like that isn't catered for by  a red card.

• Like 1

Playing competitively albeit Sunday mornings, I’d get an awful lot of stick for being a bit OTT when it came to tackles etc (no red card) but I can honestly say I’ve never done a scissors motion tackling like that. Equally I’ve seen anyone really attempt it. At best it’s terrible technique. 

Even before Villarreal kicked off about their game v Marseille at the weekend, this occurred to one of their talents a week previous 

If it is confirmed as just fractured fibula then that's the best possible outcome. Heals very quickly I've had it and was back walking on it  after 4 weeks and playing after 6 (not to same standard agreed!!)  So at least it's more positive. 

He’s obviously not meant to break Fofana’s leg, but anyone that’s played football knows that you choose that tackling motion when you’re intending to leave a bit on someone. A lot of us have been there. It’s a retribution tackle pure and simple.

Who was the referee so we can mark his card too? Awful refereeing.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Praying we get them in the Europa League knockouts so we can unleash Hamza in the first leg for some revenge!

It we draw them in the Europa League then we're getting Yohan Benalouane in on loan! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have woken up feeling sick about this still. Poor little Wes 😭 It was totally a revenge tackle and when you tackle like that there is a high chance of a serious injury. Whether he meant it or not he took the chance and that is unacceptable.   

What was equally unacceptable was the fact his team then left him on the pitch to carry on playing and then he scored! They also then argued about injury time not being played and that injury time was caused by their players reckless behaviour. Totally disrespectful and classless behaviour.  

Rant over! 

Thoughts now move on to Wes and hopefully a speedy recovery. He is a fighter that's for sure and he will come back stronger.  

• Like 2