Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

clear to see what fofana thinks of the challenge last night, I see he as retweeted a few tweets wishing him well but also containing tweets about how bad and irresponsible the tackle was . One saying they never want to see Nuno player on the pitch ever again.

really don’t think the fa or who ever overviews friendlies should hide behind the one field decision stance on this one . Punishment should be handed out . If intent is deemed to have happened I always think they should not play again untill the player they injured plays again in a competitive game at the least 

Edited by darko2k7
  • Like 1

Just now, darko2k7 said:

clear to see what fofana thinks of the challenge last night, I see he as retweeted a few tweets wishing him well but also containing tweets about how bad and irresponsible the tackle was . One saying they never want to see Nuno player on the pitch ever again.

He's probably feeling angry under all the social media presence. 

Knowing how Villarreal have acted, it begs the question if the player or rep from their club has even asked about how Fofana is? I understand they may not be able to randomly visit due to covid etc. Guess we'll find out alot later in Rodgers press conference. 

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

As long as he recovers and is back to how he was before, I don't care how long he's out for. We'll have contingency plans being drawn up if they haven't been already. I'd even chuck a hefty loan fee at Napoli for Koulibaly for a season, if that's what it takes (extremely unlikely, I know). The most important thing is that Little Wes gets back on the pitch, and comes back well.

This :appl:.   Forget the plonker of a Ref and the animal tackle - we cannot do anything about these two.  Wes's well being is paramount here.  Fingers crossed the prognosis is not as bad as we all feared last night.  Yes we are all sick and angry, but Wes will be back.  Look at Harvey :thumbup: and Ricardo looked at his very best again last night. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Probably doesn’t mean anything but he’s retweeted something from what appears to be a French medical expert which says 3-4 months out. If that’s the case that’s pretty good news considering!

That would be about the best we could hope for. Will take him a couple of more months after that to get back to it properly though surely.

• Like 2

3 months out would be an absolute miracle - hopefully Brendan doesn’t come out and say that.

but I don’t see how you can know how long somebody is going to be out the day after an injury like that.

all those wistfully saying wes ll be back - unfortunately we don’t know that. I’ve seen way less severe looking injuries end athletic careers.

I’m absolutely sick. 

This is what he retweeted. The translation through Twitter isn’t great though but I doubt he would have retweeted without it being somewhat true, if not just the diagnosis rather than the time frame. Maybe someone with better french than me can translate it properly!

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

This is what he retweeted. The translation through Twitter isn’t great though but I doubt he would have retweeted without it being somewhat true, if not just the diagnosis rather than the time frame. Maybe someone with better french than me can translate it properly!

Wesley "Courage Crack" Fofana

Love it!! 

• Haha 1

My son had a straight fracture on his shin. Serious but as good as you can get and he was 6 months before starting getting back to it (4 months in plaster) and 2-3 months before he was fully back playing. Of course he didn’t have the medical attention Wes will get.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

They wouldn’t know for sure yet 

need scans ref any possible ligament issues. 

If it is definitive then brendan should be able to say in a minute …. 

I guess we wouldn’t want it to sound too bad ref any potential signings we are making 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Exact translation: Diagnostic without appeal for Wesley fracture of fibula indivisionality 3 to 4 months

Fernando Nino's irresponsible tackle in a friendly match that is awful

20 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Dunno if this has been posted but I think it gives an honest reaction from US Villareal fans.

https://www.villarrealusa.com/2021/8/5/22611057/leicester-city-villarreal-result-fer-nino-wesley-fofana-injury-update-news-latest-tackle-video

Fer Nino then made a horrific, dangerous, scissor tackle on young defender Wesley Fofana shortly after. The early signs suggest Fofana has broken his leg, and Fer Nino now has to face up to his actions. Whilst no player ever intends to cause serious injury, to make a tackle like that in any game is bad enough, but when 3-0 down in a pre-season friendly, is nothing short of disgraceful.

Villarreal are a club who tend to represent themselves well when playing teams abroad. When the friendly was announced, the excitement of two likeable clubs who do business the right way, suggested that this would be an enjoyable occasion. Fer Nino has not only caused serious injury to a young player, but he has let his teammates and the club down by tarnishing their reputation through his recklessness. Social media is already awash with justified anger towards him for committing such a tackle in a friendly, and it now remains to be seen if he will receive any punishment for it. After witnessing a dirty challenge from Roberto Soldado just last week in a friendly against Levante on Jorge Cuenca, for a Villarreal player to be so careless is very disappointing.

It’s good to see Villarreal fans seeing the incident for what it was. Shame the player in question or club has not even apologized and sent well wishes to Wes. What kind of sportsmanship is that or lack of in Spain? Imagine if furry nino did that to messi? There would be a Spanish inquest ‘literally’ followed by a public hanging!