Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

As it’s a scan would suggest the tibia didn’t break. Ankle back in place before he left the pitch then which is good, means was out of place under 5 minutes. 

Brendan says it was put back into place in the dressing room.

9 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It’s good to see Villarreal fans seeing the incident for what it was. Shame the player in question or club has not even apologized and sent well wishes to Wes. What kind of sportsmanship is that or lack of in Spain? Imagine if furry nino did that to messi? There would be a Spanish inquest ‘literally’ followed by a public hanging!

I'm surprised they haven't made a statement yet.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Believe the club's trauma doctor is Prithish Narayan, who has a new joint role at the club as co-head of academy medicine and also tunnel/trauma doctor - I think he was the one in the blue bib on the pitch yesterday.

Was chief doctor at Cov before joining us in the summer I believe. The physios on pitch were Head of Medicine Bryan English and also Gary Silk and Tom Freeman, there has been a real turnover of staff in that department. Full credit to them

Tom freeman was here years ago and then vanished now he’s back. Any idea where he went?

A fractured fibula, with no damage to the tibia, the knee appears to have been uninjured, so it’s just checking whether there has been any serious ligament damage to the ankle as they needed to put that back in place. If he’s got no serious ligament damage to his ankle, I reckon he’ll be back this side of Christmas. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Really hoping it's not an ACL. 

Slightly concerned about the patient behind him. 

Good find. Here is what else the dc wrote... 

Fofana just posted that he for sure has a fibula fracture with workup still ongoing. If he ONLY has a fibula fracture after all of this he would still have a decent chance to play this season. Will still need to hear word on possible tibia injury, ankle, and knee ligaments. That would be tremendously fortunate if it's an isolated fibula🙏