Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

43 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can't imagine how grim it must feel to have broken your leg and have your ankle displaced and put back into place before the painkillers have a chance to do their thing.

....shock and adrenaline would have played a big part in his pain management!!!

He had the oxygen bought on the pitch at the same time the physio came on, once I saw that, I knew it was potentially bad.

25 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with predictions. It sounds like positive news but it's probably wiser to wait for scans etc to reveal any other damage (ligament etc)

This. It's still early. There's bound to be ligament damage to the ankle and/or knee. 

6 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Nino has apologized on his instagram

About fecking time. 

If he came out of that without ligament damage... I'll be very surprised.  Happy.  And Surprised

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

'at no time was it my intention to harm him'

I mean - ya.  But, do you expect him to say I meant to hurt him, just not that bad?  

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he also said he had privately apologised!!!

Hmmmm.... I wonder when that was? Looked to me like he made away sharpish  with a 'take that you c****' look on his face.  Apologised to BR perhaps but it's all a bit convenient to say that now.

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that Wesley Fofana fractured his fibula during the 3-2 pre-season friendly victory over Villarreal at King Power Stadium on Wednesday evening.
- Brendan Rodgers delivers an update on the condition of Wesley Fofana
- The Leicester City defender fractured his fibula in Wednesday's friendly against Villarreal
- Rodgers says Fofana will have another scan on Thursday to determine the next steps
- City have no other new injury concerns ahead of the FA Community Shield on Saturday

The France Under-21s centre-back was withdrawn from the field of play on a stretcher in the 65th minute after receiving medical treatment and, speaking ahead of Saturday's FA Community Shield clash with Manchester City, Rodgers provided an update on his condition on Thursday. 

"He fractured his fibula," the Foxes manager told the media. "Obviously, it was a horrendous injury for us and we’re obviously devastated for him because he’s a top-class young player, so he’s going to be a huge loss for us. Our medical team were fantastic on the night.

"Our staff at the Club and all the people in the hospital really looked after him.

[The scan] will give us a clearer indication of how long he’s going to be out. Of course, it was a horrible injury and we were all thinking of him last night.

Brendan Rodgers
"He has another scan today because his ankle was so swollen we had to leave it overnight. That will give us a clearer indication of how long he’s going to be out. Of course, it was a horrible injury and we were all thinking of him last night.

"We now hope Wesley will be back as soon as he possibly can be and we’ll support him in that recovery."

Elsewhere, there are no fresh injury concerns for City in the days leading up to their visit to Wembley Stadium, a 5:15pm BST kick-off on Saturday, with a number of players working at LCFC Training Ground towards their returns from injury.

"It's just the guys who haven’t been involved over the course of pre-season," Rodgers added. "The likes of Papy [Mendy], Jonny [Evans], James Justin. James is coming along very well, but of course, he’s still a few months away. Timothy Castagne trained with the squad for the first time, which is great news for us.

"He’s physically in a very good place, but he’s had his mask on today in training with the squad, so he won’t be available for the game, but hopefully, with confidence in training, he won’t be too far away. Apart from that, we’re okay."

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m trying to be optimistic and hoping that Brendan doesn’t come out and say: “ ….. it’ll be a few weeks”

That could put him out until Sept 2024. 

Not to worry, Lil Wes will keep us all updated. I wouldn't be surprised if he live tweeted updates during the doctor's appointment lol

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Can't imagine how grim it must feel to have broken your leg and have your ankle displaced and put back into place before the painkillers have a chance to do their thing.

Speaking from personal experience, and obviously each break/dislocation will differ from another but are simialr, it's a horrible pain. However, when I did it I was in a muddy field in Melton Mowbray (of all places miles away from the main hospitals!) with no immediate doctors in sight. Pain was horrific. Mine was a fibula fracture with dislocation. The earliest point at which the pain went was when I finally got to the LRI and they injected my ankle with painkiller (I want to say morphine but can't remember) and put it back into place. So much relief.

Regarding recovery, obviously I have no access to the professional staff they have at LCFC but after surgery I was in a cast for about 8 weeks. Then it was physio for a few weeks. The first thing I started doing was running (which I never really did before). About 5 months after surgery I started pre-season training and must say it felt pretty weird still. I lost a few nerves which never came back so I have some numb spots around the ankle (still waiting for a knife to drop in and me carry on as normal like in those sketches).

So if he is lucky, he might be back in some form of training by Christmas with potential games late Jan/Feb. Just depends on scan results, healing progress etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Needs to be honest with himself, as he's certainly not being honest with the world by posting a very poor attempt at an apology, he is showing himself once again to be egotistical.

He is only apologising now in an attempt to make himself feel better. He showed no remorse last night whatsoever, so why is he trying to show it now?

If he was remorseful he would’ve asked Unai to take him off when he realised the ref wasn’t going to take control of the situation and issue him with a red card.

He's scared of the heat which he is quite rightly getting, who makes a tackle like that in a pre-season friendly, a friendly that was being played in a competitive but good spirit before that horrendous challenge? 

He needs to look in the mirror because it’s he who makes that kind of challenge, why? Because he wanted to end Wes’s career, he wanted to hurt him badly and why because not 3 minutes earlier he felt like he had been hurt by Wes.

I hope he thinks before he acts next time, he's hurting people and damaging careers.

6 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Pretty much the point I make above, there are so many variations resulting in different healing times. Could be anything from a couple of months to a year. And sometimes the player will never be the same again after but hopeful that a young player like him can put it behind him and recover close to 100%.

5 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

Needs to be honest with himself, as he's certainly not being honest with the world by posting a very poor attempt at an apology, he is showing himself once again to be egotistical.

He is only apologising now in an attempt to make himself feel better. He showed no remorse last night whatsoever, so why is he trying to show it now?

If he was remorseful he would’ve asked Unai to take him off when he realised the ref wasn’t going to take control of the situation and issue him with a red card.

He's scared of the heat which he is quite rightly getting, who makes a tackle like that in a pre-season friendly, a friendly that was being played in a competitive but good spirit before that horrendous challenge? 

He needs to look in the mirror because it’s he who makes that kind of challenge, why? Because he wanted to end Wes’s career, he wanted to hurt him badly and why because not 3 minutes earlier he felt like he had been hurt by Wes.

I hope he thinks before he acts next time, he's hurting people and damaging careers.

He isnt sorry he did it.

Just sorry so much of a fuss is being made of it