Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

5 minutes ago, L Blocker said:

My opinion on him is, by no means the worst Leicester manager ever, but certainly the most unpopular  

He was a good manager on paper. Knew how to build a team, develop players and get results. However he missed one very crucial thing, entertainment. Football ultimately is a form of entertainment and there was nothing entertaining about his team. It’s the only time I can remember when I genuinely wasn’t looking forwards to games. They are normally the highlight of my week but sometimes I found myself genuinely having to force myself to watch them. For someone who football and Leicester city means so much to I hated thinking that way.

Of all managers I can remember he is comfortably the one who I would like to come back the least for the above reasons. I’d prefer to be watching entertaining lower league football than watch a Puel team again.

25 minutes ago, FoxesTez said:

Out for 9-12 months. 

Thanks for the info even though it makes me sick to my stomach. Do you have a source for that?

People still having a go at Puel? Sad. There's a long list of clubs who tried to create an attacking/possession mentality and failed to stay in the Primer League. Stoke, Fulham and Swansea for instance. Takes more than a manager. Takes commitment, patience and the whole club pulling together consistently. I've said it before but Puel had a large part to play in keeping this club on track to be where we are now.

Really tired of the scapegoating but that seems to be the MO of every club/forum I've followed. It is what it is.

Edited by SO1

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

People still having a go at Puel? Sad. There's a long list of clubs who tried to create an attacking/possession mentality and failed to stay in the Primer League. Stoke, Fulham and Swansea for instance. Takes more than a manager. Takes commitment, patience and the whole club pulling together consistently. I've said it before but Puel had a large part to play in keeping this club on track to be where we are now.

Really tired of the scapegoating but that seems to be the MO of every club/forum I've followed. It is what it is.

With all due respect 

it’s easy to say in hindsight, now the club are in a better position. It wasn’t a particularly great time to be watching though. 
6 defeats and one draw from New Years Day including a Defeat to Newport.

Players criticising the style of play, things were going one way.

The owners made yet another astute decision pulling the trigger when they did.

Crab football that couldn’t break low blocks down.

The games he generally won where those with less possession where the opponents were attacking.

49 minutes ago, FoxesTez said:

Out for 9-12 months. 

If that’s true we should be seeking compensation from Nino/Villarreal. That’s a year's wages for an injured player, not to mention treatment and recovery costs. Then there’s getting a replacement, and I can’t even begin to imagine how this could affect our season and where we finish. 

It was a ****ing friendly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, L Blocker said:

My opinion on him is, by no means the worst Leicester manager ever, but certainly the most unpopular  

You must have a short memory There were far far more unpopular managers than Puel in Leicester's history.

Compared to the likes of McLintock, Pleat, Taylor, Levein, Megson, Allen and Holloway - Puel had a an almost godlike status.

• Like 3

Fofana injury thread turns into a thread about Puel! 

P.s.  I don't get the hate on Puel, he never offended anyone, he wasn't confrontational with the fans/players or didn't leave under a cloud.  He reshaped the team and changed the dynamic of the squad for which Rodgers has benifited and continued to improve!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do we have any official confirmation of this? So far (with respect) we have one terse statement from one very new poster at 1am.

If it’s true it would sit oddly with Fofana’s own retweeting of the Puel quote about it being less serious than feared.

• Like 2

It’s a terrible challenge, he went in to hurt him but I doubt he wanted to put him out for a season though. That’s the risk with those sort of challenges.

Let’s hope we get Villarreal in the Europa League at some stage and little Wes is back.

2 minutes ago, Adrian said:

I'm getting confused with calling him 'little wes'....I understand why but fofana  not a small dude

Are you new to Leicester?

For years we had big Wes as club captain. Fofana is smaller and younger! 

32 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

It’s a terrible challenge, he went in to hurt him but I doubt he wanted to put him out for a season though. That’s the risk with those sort of challenges.

Let’s hope we get Villarreal in the Europa League at some stage and little Wes is back.

Wasyl coming out of retirement for that one !!!

Think a lot of people are in denial. Okay it may not be 12 months, but 9 months probably wouldn't be far off to get him back to full fitness and ready to actually play at the standard he was at. 

Approx 6 months for recovery of the actual broken bone but then the ligaments around it take longer. Then there's the physio, weight-bearing, training etc after all that. There's the physical aspect of the 'repair' of the bone/ligaments and then the recovery itself of exercise and running on it again. Not to mention the mental aspect but Fofana does strike me as a very committed and strong individual in the mind. 

• Like 3