Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think a lot of people are in denial. Okay it may not be 12 months, but 9 months probably wouldn't be far off to get him back to full fitness and ready to actually play at the standard he was at. 

I'm not sure it's denial as much as people understandably wanting some kind of authority for the statement.

I've treated it as an opinion rather than having any basis in fact. That said, it could be right. Either way, I personally am thinking of Wesley being out for the rest of the season. Anything sooner would be a bonus. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It's not doing any good to keep speculating.

Oh, I dunno. We could make the longest injury thread ever record! ;)

But, yes, speculation is pointless... but I figure we know that. Not that it stops anyone, myself included lol

26 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Apparently Rob Ullathorne and Matt Jones are still in the treatment room…..

I knew Rob Ullerthorne quite well when he was here and can't forget the time he angrily told me Martin O'Neil was getting a bit fed up with his recovery time and shouted "I've known people with aids get better quicker than you"

• Haha 2

I’m sure we would have been thinking about a new contract in twelve months. Now we clearly can’t until he gets through pre season next summer and into the autumn.  such a shame for him - we will now see his mental strength come to the fore. I’m not aware he has ever suffered a bad injury in the past.  He seems the type to get through this though. 

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

With all due respect 

it’s easy to say in hindsight, now the club are in a better position. It wasn’t a particularly great time to be watching though. 
6 defeats and one draw from New Years Day including a Defeat to Newport.

Players criticising the style of play, things were going one way.

The owners made yet another astute decision pulling the trigger when they did.

Crab football that couldn’t break low blocks down.

The games he generally won where those with less possession where the opponents were attacking.

I get it. 

Just think using this thread to have a go at a former manager after he wishes a former player well wishes is in poor taste.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

When I saw it I thought that was a whole season so wouldn't suprise.

I don't know how the ins and outs if insurance work however if he was out fir the season I imagine the club could claim back his wages for the year which may help with getting someone in.

Got to be tarkowski or vestegaard. Need an experienced head with pl experience, and then hope benkovic and Nelson kick on.

Poor wesley though. He'll be back stronger.

Westley Morgan = Big Wes

Wesley Fofana = Lil’ Wes

Eazeh.

It’s an endearing nickname for an endearing kid, he seems like he’s got a good heart. Hope he can keep his spirits up throughout his recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drumbeat said:

Can ITKs predict the future? Have all scans/ops even been done yet?

I have no idea. Usually expect ITK's to have a bit more info than I on any given situation regarding the club. In this type of circumstance I would hope that someone wouldn't speculate based on rumours. Transfers are one thing injuries are another.

I also trust Mark to know a bit more about certain posters than the rest of us..

Not much a surprise after seeing his foot twisted all the way round like that. hopefully will be recovered and back in full training at the start of next pre season. Just listened to Radio Leicester and Rodgers said he wanted to stay here for his recovery to be with the lads rather than going back home. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2