Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

Yeez. When Rodgers says 6-8 months, you just pray the lords it is not career ending.

I am normally a very calm person, but that Fer Nino dude, lets just say I am not wishing him the best of luck.

• Like 1

Let's be real, it's 6-8 months and Rodgers is probably just relaying details of early assessments from physios/doctors etc. 

Anything could happen between now and then to either set Fofana back or keep him on track. 

Everyone clamoured to know how long Fofana may be out for. Now we have a time frame, it's unfair to get on Rodgers' back if it may be slightly later than 8 months. A long-term injury like this takes a while to get used to. Can guarantee there's people right now working out to the day when 8 months from now is and getting straight on his back if Fofana isn't back by then. 

• Like 2

6-8 months is actually good news I think! With the initial look of it I feared longer!

If he makes a full recovery by March/April then I’d take that. Can help us out on the run in/big games if we’re deep in cups etc. Also gets his match fitness and sharpness back so he’s coming into the new season 22/23 already with games/match fitness under his belt.

Its overall positive news from a very non positive situation.

I'm still really gutted about this but if and when we have Fofana, Soyuncu and Evans all fit + Vestergaard then he has the issue of putting one of Soyuncu or Fofana on the bench if we play a back 4 and he absolutely has to do that. Missing Wes for a season is awful but it makes that decision for Rodgers so hopefully this is the only major injury all season and we can deploy our best system and remove and remaining temptation from Rodgers to pillock around with 3 at the back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm still really gutted about this but if and when we have Fofana, Soyuncu and Evans all fit + Vestergaard then he has the issue of putting one of Soyuncu or Fofana on the bench if we play a back 4 and he absolutely has to do that. Missing Wes for a season is awful but it makes that decision for Rodgers so hopefully this is the only major injury all season and we can deploy our best system and remove and remaining temptation from Rodgers to pillock around with 3 at the back.

I thought soyuncu and fofana were starting to gel well in a back 4, if he didnt get injured im sure they wouldve been our starting pairing

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I thought soyuncu and fofana were starting to gel well in a back 4, if he didnt get injured im sure they wouldve been our starting pairing

No chance, Evans will be first choice if fit for at least another season.

19 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

6-8 months is actually good news I think! With the initial look of it I feared longer!

If he makes a full recovery by March/April then I’d take that. Can help us out on the run in/big games if we’re deep in cups etc. Also gets his match fitness and sharpness back so he’s coming into the new season 22/23 already with games/match fitness under his belt.

Its overall positive news from a very non positive situation.

Agree, it's good news that he may be fit to return before the end of the season. 

Rodgers actually said "four to seven or eight months" according to the official website so a bit better than what was reported but I'd be happily surprised if he's back this season. 

While I hope he makes a speedy recovery I doubt very much we will see him play this season.

What's the point in rushing him when another season will be coming along next August.

Plenty of gym work to keep his body strong while the Leg rests, then build the leg up and take part in next years pre season.

If he comes back as good as Harvey and Ricardo I'll be very pleased. It's great credit to our training and Medical Staff.

• Like 3

On 12/08/2021 at 21:15, st albans fox said:

Could just as easily be that he ends up going straight into 22/23 pre season to avoid any unnecessary stress on his ankle ligs back end of 21/22 than he comes back before the end of this season  

You literally look at everything through a bleak lense. Muting as can't be doing with your negativity

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, MPH said:

On the bright side, with him being out for majority of this season, none of the mega clubs will take a punt on him at the end of the season so we probably have him for next season  also at least..

Barf!....... a day without Wes playing football is like a day without sunshine