Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Its been pssing it down here  since his injury..

Honestly been a bit depressed since his injury.......and its been 90-95 and sunny with 95% humidity :(

Going to miss his grace and confidence on the pitch. Stepped on the field and played like a seasoned pro.

41 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Honestly been a bit depressed since his injury.......and its been 90-95 and sunny with 95% humidity :(

Going to miss his grace and confidence on the pitch. Stepped on the field and played like a seasoned pro.

I must admit, if this guy realises that potential we have seen so far und only ups it a few percent,es  he gets older,

Club wise he will be our, best Defender we have ever seen, Maybe ( & injury free)  the Messi-Ronaldo-Pele levels, of a defender...

I just havent in 60+yrs seen such a Mouthwatering technical defender with such high potential...

If He comes back and carries on this same  potential &  developement, we and The world have greatness before us...

#his eye for a Pass & movement is has Good as any midfield player

# Quick on the turn & decision making..

# Confident tackler

# Tackles like any a top/Good fullback

# Goes forward with purpose

#? Too early to judge his Running back & winning most races.

# Positional sense, depends a lot firstly on teammates,so wont call him out on that, But so far fair..

# Getting caught on the ball or being sloppy releasing his passes, had a few moments,But that is an occasional Enigma even of also Wclass CBs.I

Thats Why some FT-Posters come out with so much BS sometimes, when they have A Dig at our other players and make an issue..

A True gem of a find, I reckon everybody, fans to coach & manager ,were not expecting he would have an immediate impact,more a slower introduction

to the side...I just hope this injury doesn't have After-effects through his career...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

It has quite taken me aback just have much less confidence I have with Wes missing.

Wes will prove to be big loss this season. Not only are we currently at a net gain of 0 CBs, (Fofana out, Vestergaard in) when we needed +1 more. But he's obviously the only CB we have in the Soyuncu mold. 

It remains to be seen if we can play 4 at the back with Soyuncu and Fofana (I think that only happened once or twice last season, one being the Newcastle defeat). But we've now only got 1 CB who is fast and like to bring the ball out of defence. 

I wonder if this forces us in to playing 3 at the back more than we'd like and/or leaves us with a disjointed CB pairing of Soyuncu + Evans/Vestergaard/Amartey. 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I remember most people saying Jeff Bruma in the Championship was the best centre back they’d seen at 19 (or around that age). To think Fofana is putting in better performances at a much higher level… I have no doubt he’ll be among the - or the - best in the world one day.

i seem to remember him not being that good, unless i'm thinking of someone else. didnt he score  two bangers from outside the box?

51 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i seem to remember him not being that good, unless i'm thinking of someone else. didnt he score  two bangers from outside the box?

In my recollection everyone thought he was shit at centre back and then he moved into midfield and scored a couple of belters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

Yes, he did. I'm pretty sure they were in the same match. I think we scored 4 that day.