Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

This is actually mental lol 

Lets not get our hopes up. Could be youthful exuberance. We’ve all probably pushed to get back from stuff even at our own amateur levels and been worse off for it in the long term. 

My back, hamstring and heel are ****ed for that reason!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How great will it be to tell the next generations about the times when we had the geezer who went on to be the best centre half in the world play for us once upon a time :D

I said the exact same thing to my Man U mate the other day. I believe he will be the best defender in the world one day. He is amazingly cool under pressure for such a young guy.

1 hour ago, bridport007 said:

I said the exact same thing to my Man U mate the other day. I believe he will be the best defender in the world one day. He is amazingly cool under pressure for such a young guy.

I said the same thing about Kante, after watching him come on against Sunderland in 15/16. 

Mahrez grew into the Leicester shirt and it took a bit of time. He was an enigma really. 

Chilwell and Maguire were solid but hot with their doubters here. 

Fofana is as good as Kante in terms of potential. It’s crazy to think, we’d be talking about us not having had one world class player, however potential multiple! Can you imagine if someone would have told you that in League 1. 

** I also don’t think Wesley is driving in his latest video. 

Looking at his Instagram story I realise I can not speak French anymore 😥 can anymore translate and give the general gist?

Second to Vardy, I dont think I've loved a player more than lil Wez (Im still depressed...this is going to be a consistent theme to my posts....I feel like I've nothing to look forward to at the weekends now 😥)

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Probably his next destination in a few seasons time. Would rather he went there than go to another club in the Premier League! Hopefully we get a bit more mileage our of him first though!

No qualms with that. Enjoy it while it lasts 

• Like 1

If we get a few seasons from him, a hell of a lot of cash, and he moves to a non-prem team, then I won't complain.

It's always slightly sad to hear players say "Would love to play for 'x' but got to be realistic - not many players grow up wanting to play for Leicester, and even the top Prem teams can't keep their players if Real Madrid come calling.

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Probably his next destination in a few seasons time. Would rather he went there than go to another club in the Premier League! Hopefully we get a bit more mileage our of him first though!

fine by me. would be foolish to pretend he wouldnt dream of playing for Real. Gotta remember most french people dream of playing for clubs from spain or england, because most of their own clubs are shite.

• 3 weeks later...

So he is a great prospect , we are all agreed on that. Remember though, he played in a number of matches last season when we got hammered. His absence is not the reason for our current problems. The authority of Jonny Evans is missed even more and our malfunctioning midfield is our major problem. We are creating few clear cut chances and that requires a return to form of Maddison and Tielemans and that is not happening at the moment.

• Like 2

I just hope everything is 100% healed… it would be so wrong to rush him back… he needs to build up the muscles on that leg too, to prevent rolling that ankle in future games. I get nervous at the idea of bringing him back before Christmas.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Did Brendan Rodgers tell you that?

No, just judging from his progress and comments. I think it will be when I suggested, he's a freak of nature by the looks of things. Will shock everyone with a very early return.

Little wes may be a tad excited at the thought of getting back ‘running’ on the grass - there is a huge difference between that and being able to play professional contact sport 

It’s all down to the ligament damage 

the bone issue will likely have healed over 6-10 weeks with the op he had 

ligament damage is v difficult to judge 

I guess we could see him in and around the squad at the festive period - that would be pretty amazing given the injury. But if he’s tweeting about being back soon then surely he will be definitely be back by end feb at worst which is better than most expected 

• Like 1