Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

imagine he will be back running in November ish and then it just depends on development of the muscles and strengthening. I would be amazed and worried if it was pre Christmas. I think even Feb is a optimistic return from that sort of injury but fair play to him, it seems like he is doing everything to get back ASAP. 

• Like 1

How can one player bring so much change to a team ? Shows he put all his eggs in one player.  Like a house of cards , it’s coming down .  That progressive trajectory is going down .  We might have a few wins here and there to paper over cracks, that’s it from Brendan .  Time for a change , someone with intelligence and heart over this card board clown .

• Sad 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

How can one player bring so much change to a team ? Shows he put all his eggs in one player.  Like a house of cards , it’s coming down .  That progressive trajectory is going down .  We might have a few wins here and there to paper over cracks, that’s it from Brendan .  Time for a change , someone with intelligence and heart over this card board clown .

Wow, over the top to say the least! We're going through a difficult period but still early days and Rodgers has a brilliant record with us so merits the room to get us back to form. 

Look at Liverpool when they lost Van Dijk and Gomez, took them time to adjust. 

There's a brilliant interview with Bonucci in the Athletic and he talks about the importance of central defenders, and why the top centre backs are valued so highly. 

• Like 2

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Wow, over the top to say the least! We're going through a difficult period but still early days and Rodgers has a brilliant record with us so merits the room to get us back to form. 

Look at Liverpool when they lost Van Dijk and Gomez, took them time to adjust. 

There's a brilliant interview with Bonucci in the Athletic and he talks about the importance of central defenders, and why the top centre backs are valued so highly. 

Surely Benkovic deserves a chance over the donkeys we’ve been trying ? He’s reached his peak here with us and can’t find a way .  We know the way better than him , it’s plain and easy to see .  

Its worth noting, there are people who recover from injuries insanely quick. Not a footballer, but off the top of my head, when I was younger I remember John Cena getting an awful injury that was supposed to keep him out for over a year and he was back like 4 months later. And i remember him recovering from every major injury way quicker than expected. Some people just built different.

54 minutes ago, MPH said:

I just hope everything is 100% healed… it would be so wrong to rush him back… he needs to build up the muscles on that leg too, to prevent rolling that ankle in future games. I get nervous at the idea of bringing him back before Christmas.

I’m not sure where your nervousness comes from …. We’ve got a great track record of players not picking up knocks/injuries on their return to the team 👀

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Posted it on Twitter as well

Brings tears to my eyes watching that. Those first steps of rehab. Absolute touch of class the way he plays the game.

Don't heap unrealistic expectations on the kid - coming back from an injury is hard enough as is.  He'll be back when he's back (probably Jan/Feb) and he'll likely struggle for the rest of the season to regain a semblance of his old form.  And that will be perfectly fine as long as fans keep their perspective.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Don't heap unrealistic expectations on the kid - coming back from an injury is hard enough as is.  He'll be back when he's back (probably Jan/Feb) and he'll likely struggle for the rest of the season to regain a semblance of his old form.  And that will be perfectly fine as long as fans keep their perspective.

Yawn

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 01/10/2021 at 11:13, st albans fox said:

Little wes may be a tad excited at the thought of getting back ‘running’ on the grass - there is a huge difference between that and being able to play professional contact sport 

It’s all down to the ligament damage 

the bone issue will likely have healed over 6-10 weeks with the op he had 

ligament damage is v difficult to judge 

I guess we could see him in and around the squad at the festive period - that would be pretty amazing given the injury. But if he’s tweeting about being back soon then surely he will be definitely be back by end feb at worst which is better than most expected 

Having suffered a serious tendon injury myself, his movement is remarkable, so soon after injury, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back by December. 

Fofana is one of our most important assets and cost a lot of money. He is at the beginning of his career so rushing him back would be a risk not worth taking. I would think February should see him playing for the U23s and maybe on the bench by March.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Posted it on Twitter as well

Incredible stuff. Hope it inspires the other players.

The official site said 4-8 months after the initial prognosis that he wouldn't return till 2022. If it is 4 months, and he's back this year that is miraculous. 

• Like 1