Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

It is literally the case that if any of the clubs he mentions come calling, he'll force the move through. He's done it to get to us, he'll do it to leave us. 

I just hope he goes about it in a better way than Mahrez. 

Him being young and getting a serious injury works out for and against us. Time to recover to play for us again and show us what he's capable of again, but also enough time to get a bigger move away. I don't envy his ambition, but treat us with respect when he leaves, to wherever it may be. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Evan's is waning. Vestergaard is a liability.  We need cbs in b4 fofana goes anywhere. He needs to play for us next season

As  Stan said, when whatever he considers the right team comes sniffing around, Fofana will force the move.  Our needs won't factor into it.  I still suspect that won't be until '23 because of the injury, though,  We'll see.

• Like 3

Find that comment he made about France and Ivory Coast interesting. Suspect Kolo has had a word! 

If he plays as a full international for France, that’s when I think we will face problems retaining him. Agents and sponsors be in his ear. If he was at a big club already, he would have most likely capped by now 

The lad has ambition and thats great and while he is here i hope he plays to reach the dizzy heights of a top top club coming in for him. Its a win win for us as we get a great player and a big sale when one of said clubs come in for him. I'd doubt any LCFC supported expected him to stay his whole career with us. 

You also have to bear in mind the questions he was being asked, were weighted to an extent. He is hardly going to come out and say Leicester City when asked what his dream club would be :D 

• Like 3

More than happy to turn a quick £50-70m profit on him. He's unreal but we've quite a lot of headaches to come and we might lose players for way less than their worth so to flip a mega talent for huge money to help us maximise our ability to revamp our squad is crucial.

I think he'll stay for another 18 months max.

The boy has a burning desire to get to the top and has the ability and mentally to do it. He's probably going to be a bit like Kante, where we look back and think, wow, did he play for us. 

We have to make the most of him whilst he is here and maximise our profits when we sell. 

A bit like Dortmund, we need to be the place young players see as a stage to play on before moving to one of the game's giants. 

Buy well and make a good profit, reinvest in the next gem.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The boy has a burning desire to get to the top and has the ability and mentally to do it. He's probably going to be a bit like Kante, where we look back and think, wow, did he play for us. 

We have to make the most of him whilst he is here and maximise our profits when we sell. 

A bit like Dortmund, we need to be the place young players see as a stage to play on before moving to one of the game's giants. 

Buy well and make a good profit, reinvest in the next gem.

Welcome Ryan Bennett.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

More than happy to turn a quick £50-70m profit on him. He's unreal but we've quite a lot of headaches to come and we might lose players for way less than their worth so to flip a mega talent for huge money to help us maximise our ability to revamp our squad is crucial.

I think he'll stay for another 18 months max.

You just have to see how our season has gone since his injury to see how important he is to us.

if we can keep him for those 18 months that would be great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

What reports exactly? 

People love throwing that term around here recently when there is no substance to it lol

He did an interview last night where he mentioned Chelsea are one of the big clubs that "make him dream"

The same interviewer revealed after the interview that along with Newcastle, Chelsea have also been in touch with his agents

After Newcastle, Chelsea also discusses with the clan of Wesley Fofana, reveals @FabriceHawkins

Wesley Fofana: "A club that makes me dream? There are Marseille, Real Madrid, Barça. In the Premier League, there are Chelsea, United, City ... But you have to work to make your dreams come true. Through work, you can achieve anything. "

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Been a few too many stories about players having interest elsewhere. Wonder if the club havent given the players the contracts they wanted after the fa cup win.

After winning the league, literally everyone got a new contract and it was a nightmare.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

He did an interview last night where he mentioned Chelsea are one of the big clubs that "make him dream"

The same interviewer revealed after the interview that along with Newcastle, Chelsea have also been in touch with his agents

After Newcastle, Chelsea also discusses with the clan of Wesley Fofana, reveals @FabriceHawkins

Wesley Fofana: "A club that makes me dream? There are Marseille, Real Madrid, Barça. In the Premier League, there are Chelsea, United, City ... But you have to work to make your dreams come true. Through work, you can achieve anything. "

So how does this equate to already being a Chelsea player? lol