Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fofana Injury

2 hours ago, Matt said:

"Wesley is going to be a while, It's not imminent, It will be a period of time before he's back, It's not any longer than we first thought. We talked about January but it could be the end of January or early February. We will just have to wait and see."

Tbf Brendan you talked about Christmas or just after? Ok that's January I suppose, I'll set April down as a marker then.

I'll be honest has Brendan ever said Xmas or just after? Genuinely don't recall as I think a lot of us have been going on what Fofana says on Instagram as opposed to anything official from the club. 

Given the kind of injury he had December was always going to be remarkably soon to return? Disappointing given the talent he has and difference he could make but perhaps not unexpected. 'its not any longer than we first thought' is probably right to be fair. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'll be honest has Brendan ever said Xmas or just after? Genuinely don't recall as I think a lot of us have been going on what Fofana says on Instagram as opposed to anything official from the club. 

Given the kind of injury he had December was always going to be remarkably soon to return? Disappointing given the talent he has and difference he could make but perhaps not unexpected. 'its not any longer than we first thought' is probably right to be fair. 

“He [Fofana] is looking very strong, so hopefully not long after the Christmas period he could be back…”

– Brendan Rodgers

Leicester Mercury.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Hopefully it’s Rodgers giving him an energy boost before a mini pre-season. I think the Conference League could be his return to action. 

That’s ages away

we’re gonna need him in January ! 

if he’s on holiday then there’s no chance of him featuring before brighton on 23 rd or the 4th round of the cup if we beat Watford 

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Is it me or does his left leg look as gammy af in that clip?

19 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Was thinking exactly the same

17 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Exactly what I thought.

Something does looks odd but Percy wrote yesterday that we are expecting him back in Jan …….

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Was thinking exactly the same

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Exactly what I thought.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Hid leg definitely looks a bit off.

What did you expect after so long out?

He's just having a kick around and this is why these injuries take ages to recover from.

It's not only internally with the ligament/tendons that have to recover. He'll be on the weights and more physical recovery stage before he's back playing in the first XI. 

Don't get me wrong, I love that he's back even having a casual kick about or doing some light training. But I wouldn't expect such a high standard at least this early on after the injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Something does looks odd but Percy wrote yesterday that we are expecting him back in Jan …….

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Hid leg definitely looks a bit off.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Fofana has always had a unusual leg alignment. It's something that I noticed from the outset. You only really see it when he approaches front on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Micky said:

Fofana has always had a unusual leg alignment. It's something that I noticed from the outset. You only really see it when he approaches front on. 

I noticed it too. Looks like his thigh bones are rotated inwards. I always wondered if it might be bad news for him at some point. Some players just have postures that don’t look right. Knockaert is another. His lower back is very arched. Might give him jip when he’s older.